Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Favourite Posts from Bill and Suzie

ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,985
edited July 2019 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM

Your Favourite Posts from Bill and Suzie

As a sort of leaving party I thought it might be an idea to do your favourite posts of Bill and Suzie. Now I know some of you will want to bring up game scores or the like but come on this is a party, don’t be a party pooper.

Bill’s

My favourite one from Bill comes from his MMOFTW on 03 Jan 2015. Now you know for a media sort you have to make up the news if there is no news, gloss it over and pretend everything is greeeeaaat!

But Bill just came out and said “As you can imagine there is not a lot going on in the world of MMO’s” and proceeds to joke about studios taking some vacation over the Christmas period. He then continues with “In any case a few things did go down this past week”. He breaks a cardinal rule of news media telling us there is not much news and could not give a damn; just says it like it is. :)

https://www.mmorpg.com/videos/mmoftw-happy-new-year-1000003949

Suzie’s

On a Bless thread about mounts last year, some bright spark posted:

“Can you tame/mount any of the scant-dressed women, though?”

So I thought I could quickly get in with: "Has Suzie seen this yet? :D" as a reply, but then I saw she had already replied 10 minutes earlier! So I had to post:

“I saw your post and thought can I get a "Has Suzie seen this yet?" reply in, but was 10 mins too late. :D

So what was Suzie’s post…“Classy. FFS. :|

Pipped to the post by a classic exasperated Suzie. :)

https://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/videos.cfm/videoId/5990/game/917/ismb/1/taming-660-unique-creatures-as-mounts-or-pets.html

SBFord[Deleted User]

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Pretty much any post of Suzie losing her shit on someone lol.

Bill....every MMOTFTW. 
    SBFordBillMurphyKyleranSovrathTokkenrojoArcueid[Deleted User]Dragnelus
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I remember one by Suzie that used the phrase "drop a stinkie" in reference to people's excessive negativity. Loved that one.

SBFordBillMurphyKyleran[Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,985
    What I want to know, because they didn't answer, is if @BillMurphy and @SBFord will stay around as POSTERS and pay us a little visit from time to time.

So we can have more great posts from both of them !
    A fair point, but when you left your last job did you keep going back to have your say? It is a tricky situation having handed over the reins to new people.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I'm sure they will come by when they can. But they will be busy as beavers in their new jobs, so probably not much at first. Everyone likes to make a great first impression at a new job.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Scot said:
    What I want to know, because they didn't answer, is if @BillMurphy and @SBFord will stay around as POSTERS and pay us a little visit from time to time.

A fair point, but when you left your last job did you keep going back to have your say? It is a tricky situation having handed over the reins to new people.
    To be fair, his last job may not have been a MMORPG forum though...

So, will they still come around for the MMORPG talk/news here while still involved with Gamespace, or just stick to commenting there with their fellow gaming nerds to get their fix?

I guess they could have alt accounts here and are all set to keep posting under them after this month...

They'll prbly be too busy with Life 2.0 to waste time with us though!

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Who are Bill and Suzie??
    Kyleran[Deleted User]gunklacker
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I'll be around from time to time. :)
    [Deleted User]TokkenSovrathrojoArcueidScotJeffSpicoli[Deleted User][Deleted User]Amathe

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    SBFord said:
    I'll be around from time to time. :)
    Same. :)
    SovrathrojoArcueidScotJeffSpicoli[Deleted User][Deleted User]Amathe

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    Bill is leaving MMORPG?  This site might actually amount to something if that happens.  
    Quizar1973JeffSpicoli
  • Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Geeky said:
    Bill is leaving MMORPG?  This site might actually amount to something if that happens.  
    And yet you are here...Hmmmm....LOL

SBFordKyleran
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited July 2019
    Scot said:

Yeah, but now they can create new anonymous alt accounts and troll the forums with the rest of us.

C'mon, you know they've always wanted to.

:D
    Scot[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Amathe said:
    I'm sure they will come by when they can. But they will be busy as beavers in their new jobs, so probably not much at first. Everyone likes to make a great first impression at a new job.
    When you own the company....not so important....

;)
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Kyleran said:
    Amathe said:
    When you own the company....not so important....

;)
    The toughest boss to impress is yourself.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I cannot track them and post them here sorry I am in a bit of a rush. 

However my favourite Suzie ones are when she discusses or argues WoW lore which she has a copious amount of knowledge on and when she talks about Mass Effect franchise and her favourite stuff about it.
    SBFordkitarad
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    I cannot track them and post them here sorry I am in a bit of a rush. 

However my favourite Suzie ones are when she discusses or argues WoW lore which she has a copious amount of knowledge on and when she talks about Mass Effect franchise and her favourite stuff about it.
    Yeah it is great to see journalists/commentators in gaming who actually have in depth knowledge and love of their field. We are shifting in the gaming community certainly with commentators to where making stupid faces and swearing a lot turns you into a guru. Good to see old school fan know how still counts.
    SBFord
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    ScotSBFordkitarad

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    Geeky said:

Well....to my credit, I've been a member for 15 years and only have 313 posts.  
    Geeky said:
    Geeky said:

I have one year on you, so have done a tad more posts; always good to hear what people have to say. :)
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Scot said:
    Geeky said:
    Geeky said:

I have one year on you, so have done a tad more posts; always good to hear what people have to say. :)
    You that old Scot? Why am I not surprised  :*

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

lahnmir said:
    Scot said:
    Geeky said:
    Geeky said:

You that old Scot? Why am I not surprised  :*

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    We can't all be frolicking young lambs like yourself. :)