Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What have we become ?

2»

Comments

• agamennagamenn Member UncommonPosts: 67
    The ultimate mmo is still yet to come
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    lol .. people are still here obsessed about a by-gone genre? The success of the looter shooter and diablo-ish games show that you really don't need a virtual world or adhere to the MMO tropes to make good, multiplayer PVE games. 

And obviously MOBA, battle royal, and now all the battle chess games capture the pvp crowd.

New genres come along. Old genres die (or go dormant). May be people should consider not to marry to their video game genre. 
    Baalzharon[Deleted User]
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    lol .. people are still here obsessed about a by-gone genre? The success of the looter shooter and diablo-ish games show that you really don't need a virtual world or adhere to the MMO tropes to make good, multiplayer PVE games. 

And obviously MOBA, battle royal, and now all the battle chess games capture the pvp crowd.

New genres come along. Old genres die (or go dormant). May be people should consider not to marry to their video game genre. 
    OMG you're back . Long time no see.
    [Deleted User]

• MargaretavilleMargaretaville Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Gloom, despair, and agony on me. 
    Deep dark depression, excessive misery.
    If it weren't for bad games I have no games at all.
    Gloom, despair and agony on me!
    KyleranHatefullVermillion_Raventhal[Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    For those too young to have any idea what this refers to.  (I think @delete5230 is the 2nd one in from the left)

;)

bcbullyTiller[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Kyleran said:
    For those too young to have any idea what this refers to.  (I think @delete5230 is the 2nd one in from the left)

;)

Thanks Unk
    [Deleted User]
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    All the greatest MMO's still exist in various forms. If you can't find a game worth playing you are the problem, not the games.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Hatefull said:
    Judging from the negativity here... It's only doom and gloom.  

It's one thing to say mmorpgs are going down hill..... but in regards to the response I'm seeing, it's worst... Seems everyone truly views failure.  With that, EVERY future post about ANYTHING at all is a worthless topic.  

Has this site turned into a site about semantics ?

An argument just to catch a wrong statement and capitalize on it with creative writing ? 
    I'm no better, but I recently created a positive post and most everyone bird shit all over it. 

We need a good mmorpg to turn things around..... Sadly the next best thing is more than a year away. 
    You constantly set yourself against everyone else, your point of view seems to be: Only my definitions and opinions matter, everyone else is just inferior. You constantly set up strawman arguments to support your (usually borderline insane) ideas, you constantly try to redefine long-standing MMORPG terminology to fit within your scope of how things are, you try to sell your opinions as facts...

And now you want to know why you get hit with a shit storm of negativity when you post? Self-licking ice cream cone dude.
    I don't know if it's insanity or trolling taken to a doctorate level, but it's always popcorn worthy! :D
    Hatefull[Deleted User]

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    The tagline for the Planetside issue reads "THE WORLDS FIRST MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER FIRST PERSON SHOOTER "PLANETSIDE" FROM THE CREATORS OF EVERQUEST!"   

when Planetside first came out, before Base capture nerf, it was pretty dam good.
  • agamennagamenn Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Threa title reminds me of this

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    kitarad said:

Well .. i check in once in a while. To be honest .. it is really to see how the forum fares. I have moved on away from the MMO genre for a long time. 
    [Deleted User]kitarad
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    edited July 2019

We need a good mmorpg to turn things around

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Grunt350Grunt350 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Negativity is that little Jiminy Cricket that keeps you in reality.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    kitarad said:

Well .. i check in once in a while. To be honest .. it is really to see how the forum fares. I have moved on away from the MMO genre for a long time. 
    So have many of us, been a few years now since I've played one seriously.

[Deleted User]kitarad

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    kitarad said:

I usually play single player games or ARPGs these days and I occasionally play an MMORPG. The most recent is City of Heroes. Then I started back up on my single player games again. My City of Heroes toons, all 20 of them, are languishing.