Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Is Gifting World of Warcraft Game Time To Inactive Players - MMORPG.com

lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 557

imageBlizzard Is Gifting World of Warcraft Game Time To Inactive Players - MMORPG.com

Inactive players of World of Warcraft who might have been interested in potentially exploring Azeroth again might have a reason to log back in, if only for a few days. Blizzard is apparently gifting World of Warcraft players whose accounts are inactive game time through the Battle.net app during the month of July.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Eh...saw that in my launcher. I'll definitely play 3 free days -- though it's unlikely that it'll take that long for me to once again understand that I don't want to re-subscribe for an indeterminate amount of time. Most likely, that means 9.0 and the next expansion!
    gervaise1FolmenOctagon7711natpickNeonSaruklash2defSinsai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Rhoklaw said:
    Does this give access to Vanilla Classic? If not, I have no interest.
    How could it? Classic beta ended yesterday and it doesn't launch until August 27, but thanks for your participation in the thread. ;)
    [Deleted User]Folmen[Deleted User]XingbairongnatpickWhiskeydustiamspamicusNeonSaruPhrySinsaiand 2 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    I guess that's about the time you need to clear the content in the new patch ? xD
    SBFordRoinFolmenTuor7PalebaneOctagon7711kenguru23CelciusSinsaiinfomatzand 1 other.
  • bloodmanptbloodmanpt Member UncommonPosts: 3
    maybe ill try when they make Buy to Play or Free to Play, not gonna play a monthly fee subscription with a cash shop, that is a huge middle finger for every paying player...
    HarikenCelciusRueTheWhirl
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Does the ticker start as soon as you load up the launcher or you actually have to click & claim it. I'b been semi curious to attempt to reach level cap, something i failed to do for the first time ever with a WOW expansion. Yeah BFA was just that bad
    RueTheWhirl
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Does the ticker start as soon as you load up the launcher or you actually have to click & claim it. I'b been semi curious to attempt to reach level cap, something i failed to do for the first time ever with a WOW expansion. Yeah BFA was just that bad

Pretty sure the timer starts when you claim the gift. :)
    JeffSpicoliFolmenrojoArcueid[Deleted User]NeonSaruRueTheWhirl

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• sycogenesissycogenesis Member UncommonPosts: 86
    edited July 2019
    No thx i choose not to sub not cus of money but because of morale reasons and because im just done with the game at this point \o/
    JeffSpicoliFolmenWhiskeydust
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    does this give access to new expansion ? or i have to buy new expansion

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    It's not enough time. Give me a week or two and I could get into the meat of the game. The only way to get an idea what the updates have done and what the changes are means you'll have to be a no lifer for 3 whole days.
    WhiskeydustThupli
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Instead of giving free time I would instead have them remove the reputation requirement to be able to play as a Zandalari troll druid.
    FolmenPalebaneLililune
  • xxBoneZxxxxBoneZxx Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I'm not interested in playing WoW until Classic Vanilla releases. If they want to give some free time then for people to check it out, that will be more welcome than this.
    Whiskeydust
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    I received it, but i'm not interested, it is an old game, that has no desire to refresh itself to become relevant for the next decades to come

boring gameplay, boring questing, boring combat, ugly graphics, ugly UI, enemies can attack you with a range of 1545454 km, boring MMO
    WhiskeydustCelciusRueTheWhirl
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited July 2019
    All done grinding rep. Not that I ever did or ever will. No, I did, hehe. For Draenor Pathfinder. Ruined WoW for me.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    DMKano said:
    Been inactive since WoW vanilla - quit before the 1st expansion and never went back.

Will remain inactive

NeonSaruThupli

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Recently I've tried playing WoW again (I quit it in 2006). Gameplay is amazingly slow and boring - no clue how could I even enjoy it ~15 years ago? Not to mention silly obsolete graphics and animations, literally taken from Warcraft 3 from 90s.

Thank you for your time!

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Sorry even if you pay me to play BFA I won't.
    NeonSarucheyaneinfomatz

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    is that enough time to unlock an allied race? oh wait its not which is why I left the game in the first place time gating so they can keep their 3 days.
    Palebane
  • retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160
    If it gives access to BFA I'll give it a whirl. Legion was a nice improvement from what other expansions lost but you don't have to go far on the interwebz to see BFA was a disaster not worth buying. Would love to see it first hand
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2019
    Honestly, if you're remotely interested in the game, its a good idea to give them one month just to get flying in this expansion since that pretty much wont change (maybe rep increase in the next expansion like they did for legion rep). Outside of that, this expansion is a wrap imo. Getting tired of all the shill threads on the official forums as well. I mean, I know they've always been there but it feels like that's all there is lately. Maybe that's all that remains playing the game until Classic. I still can't believe this will be the first time in wow's history to not have legendaries. Brilliant guy at the helm.
  • mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283
    I did not receive such a gift :(
    RueTheWhirl

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I heard a while ago that if you haven't played in a long time you can call them and get a free week of gameplay, wonder if that's still the same? They are going F2P kicking and screaming. You can still level a character free up to level twenty I believe.
    Celcius

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• viney123viney123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    edited July 2019
    The next Stress Test for Classic is July 25-26. I wonder if you folks would be able to pop your time on the 24th and play on Classic with the rest of us WoW plebs? :p
    SBFord[Deleted User]
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Hint:I do NOT look for FREE game time,i am looking for good quality game designs to play.No problem,Blizzard's high over paid marketing,branding team can go about amateur type baiting tactics,doesn't do a thing for me.You want me as a customer,NO PROBLEM ,i would look past Wow's past and jump right in if they got a clue how to design the game.

My Wow account is inactive for a REASON,i guess my reason is beyond the scope of the Blizzard execs who think we are simple easy targets they can bait back in.I only ever played Wow because to help out friends,never liked the game design from day 1 ,BEFORE it became a quickly popular game.

IMO the game is beyond help at this point ,make a new game and get it right this time.If it is good i'll play it,i have no hate feeling towards any developer,i will simply state what i think is good...decent or crap game designs.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    What kind of logic is this any way. If you are not playing a game it isn't because you cannot afford to pay for it but rather because you don't want to. Do they really think they can tempt people to play when they aren't interested in the first place.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Took the 3 days, did some Nazjatar quests while testing the game on linux using Lutris. Worked really well and I enjoyed the few quests I did. I don't know if there is enough story content there for me to resub so i'll wait to see what's coming in 8.3+ then decide.