Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seconds from Silence Alpha Testing Sign Ups Scheduled

ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217

imageSeconds from Silence Alpha Testing Sign Ups Scheduled

Dates for alpha testing sign ups have been announced for Abstract Era Entertainment's MMORPG, Seconds from Silence, per a press release today. Inspired by games such as the Elder Scrolls and Witcher series, Seconds from Silence will allow players to explore a medieval fantasy world where they can build, "a variety of different structures, rule Thieves Guilds, Bandit Regimes, Pirate Ships, and even entire Kingdoms," according to the release.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Oh really? How many people can a sever hold?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    not very much actual information on their site skill system?, class system? races? orc is mentioned as an appearance....
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited July 2019
    Really bored with medieval fantasy or some iteration of it. Give us something new and interesting.
    Well Medieval is very predictable,a sword,a club ,a shield and yes to me that is very boring.

How ever Fantasy still has loads of room to improve.

Where is medieval>>>on a horse or walking on the ground.Not much else you can do.

Fantasy can live up in the clouds,in high trees,flying Dragons,maybe Flying Airships etc etc,it just opens up WAY more game design.

I think the reason people are getting bored is NOT the genres,it is the MANY crappy developers.There is also a very large crowd who doesn't really want anything,give them some easy game play and hand holding targets,some giant yellow question marks and they are happy.Others don't want a RPG,they want loot,doesn't matter if instances ,easy or hard,just give them loot.

You can bet your bottom dollar ALL of these devs and their investors are targeting a market,have an idea of the expected profits.
    Perfect example,i cannot stand ARPG"S,it is not the genre that bothers me,it is the way thee games are designed.I could design a game that stands for those very letters,it would have action and reaction and be a role playing game,NOBODY has come close to delivering a good never mind a solid effort.
    Point being,we need some new  developers,some new blood,new producers,people that actually have passion in mind and not just  $$$$.
    Signex

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    so you register, then it asks you to sign in and when you do it asks you to register or sign in, there is no alpha link
    Signex
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    will it be fun?

Sz :)
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Can't find any info on the game regarded openworld FFA PVP?
    bcbully
  • RenndRennd Member UncommonPosts: 37

saker said:

not very much actual information on their site skill system?, class system? races? orc is mentioned as an appearance....

Races seem to be 9 in total. From the official wiki
    https://secondsfromsilence.gamepedia.com/Race

Class system seems to be something called "Roles" that you can choose from complete different things
    https://secondsfromsilence.gamepedia.com/Role
    Pretty interesting selection. (From Blacksmith and Alchemist to Assassin, King and Vampire/Hunter)

Skill system seems to be split between what you use is what you get, from forum, staff member:

"Seconds from Silence is done so through skill points that you spend to advance your skill trees. As you practice your archery, you gain a specific type of skill point that you can spend on certain skills that require it. As you do battle with foes you gain a endurance skill points to spend on talents that require endurance skill points and so forth."

All in all, looks like another Ark/Connan Exiles or closer to Atlas kind of game, i'll pass unless is more to an actual mmo and takes the "Grief him when he sleeps" gameplay.

Take any of the above games, add a "Ruling system" approach and you got the game. That is what I gathered from the forums/website. I really hope I'm wrong about it.

Alomarwingood
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Who is Abstract Entertainment? Never heard of them.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited July 2019
    I have noticed a trend like this happening a lot of late.
    I can only guess/speculate as to what is going on.Everything is about running a business,maximizing profits and placing debts so they can profit the most money and leave themselves at the lowest risk.

These are often publishers that are in essence the SAME people as the developer or perhaps a direct business partner.Most all these operations are LLC's,limited liability businesses that allow people to basically,at least imo operate a business under scrupulous conditions because there is very little if any risk on the owner.

Early Access does the same thing,it allows developers to sell known defective products,unfinished,unpolished and claiming NO responsibility>>hey EARLY access remember. Snail Games has been doing this a lot,exact same code used game after game but pretending there are all these NEW upstart developers/publishers.

One thing for FACT is that in this day n age,the gaming industry is FULL of corruption,deception and many ways to circumvent the laws in their favor while leaving very few options for the consumer.

Let me use an example of how corrupt the game industry is....

Imagine you buy a car from a lot,it is not the manufacturer,basically a car lot is a publisher.You have a problem with your purchase,you go back to that lot and they fix your problem.
    Now go to Steam,you have a problem,they do not offer ANY help,no solutions>>go talk to the manufacturer,the developer,we only want your money,we don't want to service the products we sell.

Just imagine if all the businesses operated like this,well Best Buy is a scammer as well,want our service,pay extra ..lmao.Wait i just bought this BRAND NEW right here,sorry,did you pay extra for our service warranty?You go back to the car lot,oh sorry we don't service our customers,contact Gm or Chrysler if you want help.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407
    edited July 2019

Myrdynn said:

so you register, then it asks you to sign in and when you do it asks you to register or sign in, there is no alpha link

Gotta read the article...

If you’re interested in signing up, you’ll first have to register at www.secondsfromsilence.com. Sign ups for August’s alpha testing begin on Friday, July 19th at 9am US Eastern Standard Time.
  • ManWithNoTanManWithNoTan Member UncommonPosts: 96
    An alpha that doesn't cost $150 to get in on? Is that even allowed anymore? :)
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    still no link to alpha sign up, it says to sign up sign in or register, well I did that and then still nothing
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    An alpha that doesn't cost $150 to get in on? Is that even allowed anymore? :)
    Naw...after you register you have the option to "guarantee" alpha access to the "pillars"

• $25Character Creation Pillar
    • $25Combat Pillar
    • $25Building Pillar
    • $25Ruling Pillar
    • $90All Pillar Access!
    So it is just $90.00   :disappointed: