Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fun City of Heroes Power Set Combinations – Blaster - MMORPG.com

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

imageFun City of Heroes Power Set Combinations – Blaster - MMORPG.com

There are tons of fun power set combination options in City of Heroes, but some that stand out above the rest. These are a few fun combos for the Blaster.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    what bow is the one in the video it has a glow effect Oo
  • knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389
    I may have to make a Dual Pistols/ Martial arts just for fun sounds like a blast
    Vermillion_Raventhal
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited July 2019
    One rite of passage in CoH is creating a slutty blaster (as in the above photo). Black stiletto boots. Push up or fishnet bra. Micro black leather bikini. Everyone does it. The few who haven't done it think about doing it. So go ahead. Make Brothel Barbi Blaster. Then retire her to your stable of alts and play something else.
    Blaze_Rocker

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• lmollealmollea Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Am enjoying a fire/rad. Rad has a great toggle which gives +status resistance and fire is of course plain damage. Plus rad has -def so if I hit you...
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370

Amathe said:

One rite of passage in CoH is creating a slutty blaster (as in the above photo). Black stiletto boots. Push up or fishnet bra. Micro black leather bikini. Everyone does it. The few who haven't done it think about doing it. So go ahead. Make Brothel Barbi Blaster. Then retire her to your stable of alts and play something else.

Dayum! That's almost exactly what I did. I made about four characters that were former prostitutes and I made at least four AE story arcs that told an extended backstory as to how they turned against their pimps. Fortunately for me, almost nobody ever played those stories for if the right person had I'm sure they would have reported me for content violations and I might have gotten my account suspended for a time, or even deleted entirely. I really had to work to get around the language filter. ;)

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495
    For the blasters (or really any archetype) with Knockback.... there are two enhancements that will convert the Knockback to Knockdown and make groups welcome you back in. Sudden Acceleration is the crafted version -- one single enhancement needed per power with KB. Overwhelming Force is a unique set (meaning you can only slot it once per character) but has some decent set bonuses as well. Overwhelming Force can be obtained by running the Summer Blockbuster event, purchasing from the AH, or from the merit reward vendor.
  • ShinyFlygonShinyFlygon Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Power Boost doesn't amplify Knockback. That was changed many Issues ago, but the description was never updated.

The really fun secondary is Ice Manipulation: Chilling Embrace is an amazing defensive power, and Ice Patch for the popcorn effect.
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    edited July 2019
    Amathe said:
    One rite of passage in CoH is creating a slutty blaster (as in the above photo). Black stiletto boots. Push up or fishnet bra. Micro black leather bikini. Everyone does it. The few who haven't done it think about doing it.
    I never did that.

Made a tanker instead. >_>
    Blaze_Rocker
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    edited July 2019
    Power Boost doesn't amplify Knockback. That was changed many Issues ago, but the description was never updated.

Oh wow. That's lame. :(