Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AGE OF WONDERS 3 Free on STEAM 7/11 -7/15

JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
One of my top 3 all time 4x turn based strategy games . If you like turn based and fantasy DL this game !
  • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

immodiumSal1Palebane

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Are all the DLC worth it?
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    flizzer said:
    To me yes because I'm obviously a fan, but with the game being free my recommendation would be to play it first. This game is light on city building and heavily focused on units and turn based combat as well as exploration about the map.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Im light on city building so that does sound good  :)
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Thank you for posting this! I will get it and play it later today.
    JeffSpicoli
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited July 2019
    Awesome game. I tecently got AoW 1&2 for $5 on the steam summer sale. 25 hours into AoW1 so far having only played Shadow Magic and 3 back in the day. Really love the series. Eagerly waiting for Planetfall in August. Shadow Magic is still my favorite, and probably always will be.
    JeffSpicoli

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

edited July 2019
    flizzer said:
    Yes, though AoW: Shadow Magic has more content that is included as part of the base game. Graphics and systems aren't updated much from SM to 3 either, imo. If its the same price (SM is $2 on Steam rn), I’d recommend Shadow Magic over 3’s DLCs, personally.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Sal1 said:
    Thank you for posting this! I will get it and play it later today.
    No problem, I know alot of people on this site play games outside of MMO's and this being one of my all-time favorite strategy games I had to share
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    edited July 2019
    I was just on Steam and saw the AOW III bundle but it wasn't free, its $17.52 for the bundle.  Where is the free game located on steam?   Can you post a link?

I was just on Steam and saw the AOW III bundle but it wasn't free, its $17.52 for the bundle.  Where is the free game located on steam?   Can you post a link?

I believe its just the base game not the bundle lol , it should be on your home page
    sumdumguy1
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

edited July 2019
    sumdumguy1

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Palebane said:
    flizzer said:
    Yes, though AoW: Shadow Magic has more content that is included as part of the base game. Graphics and systems aren't updated much from SM to 3 either, imo. If its the same price (SM is $2 on Steam rn), I’d recommend Shadow Magic over 3’s DLCs, personally.
    I have never played Age of Wonders : Shadow Magic. I will have to give that one a try if I like AoW 3.
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    I own it already, it would have been nice if they offered the DLCs though.
    edited July 2019
    Sal1 said:
    Palebane said:
    flizzer said:
    I have never played Age of Wonders : Shadow Magic. I will have to give that one a try if I like AoW 3.
    Cool. Keep in mind AoE:SM has 4 more playable races (including the Archons and Shadow Demons, which are the best imo), and 3 more units per race than AoW3, even with all dlc.