Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Many World of Warcraft Classic Hunter 'Bugs' Aren't & Are Working as Intended

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageMany World of Warcraft Classic Hunter 'Bugs' Aren't & Are Working as Intended

The World of Warcraft Classic forum has a lengthy post by the development team about bugs many players have been reporting about the Hunter class. While many of the bugs are legit and have been confirmed with fixes incoming, at least a half-dozen of the most commonly reported bugs are actually "behaving as expected".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847
    I find this hilarious!

Another round of Blizzard having to tell people "it's not a bug, that's just how the game was you idiots"

Yeah, I really don't have high hopes for long term success for this.
    [Deleted User]SBFordTsiyadragonlee66[Deleted User]campbellxyznatpickJeroKane
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Xiaoki said:

I find this hilarious!

Another round of Blizzard having to tell people "it's not a bug, that's just how the game was you idiots"

Kinda goes with the rose-colored glasses thing, you think?
    [Deleted User]Asm0deus

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

SBFord said:

Xiaoki said:

I find this hilarious!

Not really. People still enjoy the game regardless. Nobody liked vanilla because it was bug free. They enjoy and play vanilla DESPITE the bugs. Goes to show how interesting and fun the game has to be.
    JeffSpicoli
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited July 2019
    Like that bug where there is a dead zone around the hunter ?
    WhiteLanternTsiya
    Chamber of Chains
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    My favorite is the non-functioning "greed" button
    Wait for it....
    natpick

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 486

cheyane said:

There are no dead zone around good hunter players. Learn to kite noob.
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited July 2019

cheyane said:

There are no dead zone around good hunter players. Learn to kite noob.
    I don't PvP with melee toons in WoW. Warlock and Shamans are what I enjoyed in BGS.
    Chamber of Chains
  • DarthDowtyDarthDowty Member UncommonPosts: 35

Xiaoki said:

I find this hilarious!

I'm looking forward tk trying it as missed the vanilla stage, as for long term it will be interesting to see how this unfolds for sure.
    Alomarcampbellxyz
  • KhegobierKhegobier Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Being able to play as a female dwarf hunter is NOT a bug.
    SBFordMargravejgDuffaycheyane
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I mean....it would've been nice if they actually treated the beta as an actual better rather than just a free hype-train, but when was the last time Blizzard had a proper alpha/beta testing period....?
    Dhamon99dasX82
  • RunRabbitRunRabbit Newbie CommonPosts: 15

Xiaoki said:

I find this hilarious!

Really? Oh my I was so excited to learn about your hopes for the long term! Dang it..
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited July 2019
    People assume everyone reporting these bugs are veterans from classic with rose colored glasses and faulty memory's where as the reality is majority of the people are experiencing this beta (classic) for the first time.
    Post edited by JeffSpicoli on
    ManWithNoTanDisantiaDhamon99
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512

Xiaoki said:

I find this hilarious!

I mean... the list of fixed/known bugs is larger than the 'is not bug' list...

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• ShinyFlygonShinyFlygon Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Classic has two waiting periods before the real fun begins: the wait for release, and then the wait until all the people who don't get the point of it either finally get it or leave.

HINT: If you don't understand why inconveniences were baked into the game, you are one of those people.
    cheeba
  • Rastan1Rastan1 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    If we had the generation of whiners we have now wow would have failed within 3 months.
  • HoldslowhopeHoldslowhope Member UncommonPosts: 42
    edited July 2019
    All these retail babies.... classic is dead and wont last. Go get your titanforge crap and shut up.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

SBFord said:

Xiaoki said:

I find this hilarious!

Not really. People still enjoy the game regardless. Nobody liked vanilla because it was bug free. They enjoy and play vanilla DESPITE the bugs. Goes to show how interesting and fun the game has to be.

That doesn't explain them demanding bugs be replicated though.
    My guess they are afraid what they will do if they try to fix things XD

They should fix one thing that really wrecked the game though. Allowing you to receive items or gold from your alts and friends. It just corrupts the whole sense of wonder and challenge to make anything easy on your alts. It's a temptation no one can resist.
  • Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68

Classic has two waiting periods before the real fun begins: the wait for release, and then the wait until all the people who don't get the point of it either finally get it or leave.

HINT: If you don't understand why inconveniences were baked into the game, you are one of those people.

They weren't baked into the game.

The absence of QOL features was because they hadn't been developed yet. Suggesting the lack of polish and features was somehow the master plan is pretty ignorant. No one has that kind of foresight.

Wow barely scrapes the definition of an mmo, i wouldn't give them that much credit. A system which funnels everyone into small groups in copies of the same content isn't my definition of a genre defining system. They aren't messiahs or prophets.

Also, I agree with you, I can hardly wait until everyone leaves. Group finders didn't ruin anything. No one's forcing you to use it. The problem is, people like you need a system that forces it the other way, where no one has a choice. Which means everyone's conveniently lumped into a single pool of players to facilitate YOUR chosen playstyle.

"Adapt or Quit" mentality always leads to a toxic and dwindling player base. Hence the need for evolution, polish, features, QoL and new content.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Itzme123 said:

They weren't baked into the game.

The absence of QOL features was because they hadn't been developed yet. Suggesting the lack of polish and features was somehow the master plan is pretty ignorant. No one has that kind of foresight.

Wow barely scrapes the definition of an mmo, i wouldn't give them that much credit. A system which funnels everyone into small groups in copies of the same content isn't my definition of a genre defining system. They aren't messiahs or prophets.

Also, I agree with you, I can hardly wait until everyone leaves. Group finders didn't ruin anything. No one's forcing you to use it. The problem is, people like you need a system that forces it the other way, where no one has a choice. Which means everyone's conveniently lumped into a single pool of players to facilitate YOUR chosen playstyle.

"Adapt or Quit" mentality always leads to a toxic and dwindling player base. Hence the need for evolution, polish, features, QoL and new content.
    Umm ... sure.

The current state of live Wow is calling out your bullshit.

You stay sassy!