Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pagan Online Receives Its First Big Update to Fundamentally Change the Game - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imagePagan Online Receives Its First Big Update to Fundamentally Change the Game - MMORPG.com

Pagan Online has been updated with the first of a series of major patches based on player feedback. It comes with some game-altering changes that have necessitated the wiping of all player progress to date. However, all players will be compensated for the wipe. This includes the unlocking of three starter heroes on all accounts. Players will also receive a Hero Soul and 150 shards for each heros (1200 shards). Players will not have to replay the tutorial when first logging in.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    In case someone has probs playing atm; They rebooting Servers and such stuff as there was an Issue with the Intro and such alike :) Stay tuned, should be working again in some minutes.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I look forward to playing when I get home. 

Dunno what I'll do with that extra hero soul. I'm not a huge fan of most of the current cast, and my most desired character (Lukian) also happens to be the easiest to unlock.

Maybe I'll use it on Morokh. Hoping that the 2 new characters with BFP 3 will be compelling.
  • kenguru23kenguru23 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Awesome! Can't wait to get my Istok back in action!
  • DarthDowtyDarthDowty Member UncommonPosts: 35
    On my wishlist, not yet jumped in. Waiting for a few more updates to flesh it out but a promising title from what I've seen.
    3dom[Deleted User]FolmenIlaya
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    On my wishlist, not yet jumped in. Waiting for a few more updates to flesh it out but a promising title from what I've seen.
    Welcome to the forums! :)
    [Deleted User]Folmen
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited July 2019
    Nice. Now they need to get rid of their horribly bland level generator. Thats some 2003 quality stuff and really needs to be improved. Game shows great promise otherwise, even more so when their famous M+KB controls attribute a bit more then just kiting and dodging the red stuff.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Post edited by lahnmir on
    kenguru23
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• LastlaughlolLastlaughlol Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Still no COOP, still no buy.
  • CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102
    They're making us grind & wait for so long to unlock every hero. Gosh I couldn't believe it. Eventually got bored of the starting heroes and stopped playing. Even Warframe gives you a shorter-term feeling of accomplishment.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited July 2019
    I find the concept of a hack-and-slash Diablo-ish game that makes you unlock the majority of characters (and apparently not very easy to unlock either) to be kinda… weird.  IMHO these games' progression systems should be focused on customizing your character and getting loot for them, not unlocking that character in the first place.
  • donpadrexdonpadrex Member UncommonPosts: 46

Cynehild said:

They're making us grind & wait for so long to unlock every hero. Gosh I couldn't believe it. Eventually got bored of the starting heroes and stopped playing. Even Warframe gives you a shorter-term feeling of accomplishment.

They made it much easier now to unlock heroes. Every time you do an assassination for the first time you get one hero shard which unlocks one hero of your choice and the 3 starter heroes are all unlocked from the begining.
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Is it still wsad movement? Or have they implemented click to move yet? If not, is there a time frame for when it will be added?
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    So, they change it to make it easier to unlock hero's. Then I keep seeing them talking about having them all unlocked on full release. Just do it now. Are they trying to make people not want to play their game?

Is this true? Pagan "ONLINE" is not a co-op game? Can't tell if serious....
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Aeander said:

I look forward to playing when I get home. 

Dunno what I'll do with that extra hero soul. I'm not a huge fan of most of the current cast, and my most desired character (Lukian) also happens to be the easiest to unlock.

Maybe I'll use it on Morokh. Hoping that the 2 new characters with BFP 3 will be compelling.

Dameer!
    Ilaya

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• DarthDowtyDarthDowty Member UncommonPosts: 35

Scot said:

Welcome to the forums! :)

Thank you. ??
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    My impression was this was a spin-off game to avoid, so I really haven’t looked at it much. Looked old, too. Not that that is bad in itself. What is the appeal of the game?

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    boris20 said:
    Is it still wsad movement? Or have they implemented click to move yet? If not, is there a time frame for when it will be added?
    Click to move is planned for BFP 2, which will be later this summer.

I'm pretty sure the game has Co Op already? It has online matchmaking for sure.