Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Great ARPG? If So, Epic Games Store Is Giving Torchlight Away - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageLooking for a Great ARPG? If So, Epic Games Store Is Giving Torchlight Away - MMORPG.com News

If you've been looking for a great ARPG, look no further than this week's free giveaway at the Epic Games Store. Anyone with an EGS account can snag a copy of Torchlight for absolutely zero cost.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ExistentialistExistentialist Member UncommonPosts: 58
    And I bought Pagan Online yesterday /facepalm
    Fortunately its a good game so far.
    SBFord
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Well, the good thing is that Pagan will keep growing and improving. Torchlight is what it is -- hella fun but not changing any more. Sounds like you have two great games to play! :smile:

elveoneExistentialistFolmen

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

I got Pagan Online too and it is awesome!
    momintimTacticalZombehelveonekenguru23
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Nice.  I haven't tried Torchlight yet, but have heard mostly positive things about it.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Torchlight is great. The only ARPG I spent more time with was Diablo II.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    It's good. Torchlight 2 is a hell of a lot better but this is a good game to get for free.
    elveone
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Dunno how I'm gonna be able to enjoy it knowing the railmaster class isn't available in the first game
    SBFordWhiteLantern
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    > Looking for a Great ARPG?

Then do yourself a favor - purchase Inquisitor: Martyr. 2.0 patch put the game on top of Grim Down and PoE in my ARPG rating.
    kertin

Thank you for your time!

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364

DMKano said:

TL1 eventhough not as good as TL2 is still way better than TL Frontiers

thats not hard ugh , hope they improve TL frontiers because it can be good ...but its still long way to go
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    3dom said:
    > Looking for a Great ARPG?

Then do yourself a favor - purchase Inquisitor: Martyr. 2.0 patch put the game on top of Grim Down and PoE in my ARPG rating.
    50$ for an ARPG is steep nowadays
    elveoneUnbinoFolmen
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    edited July 2019
    Finally picked up Inquisitor: Martyr and I'm super glad I waited for the big patch. Great game for sure and way deeper than I expected as far as how you can customize your character's abilities.

Oh yea, on topic... grabbed up Torchlight too. Loved it back in the day.
    Scot
  • darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    Luckly I already own it, cuz ive stopped caring about Epics free games, havnt launched the POS in over a month
    Folmen
    Finally picked up Inquisitor: Martyr and I'm super glad I waited for the big patch. Great game for sure and way deeper than I expected as far as how you can customize your character's abilities.

I looked at it and it says July 30 release, whats the deal?
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430

Myrdynn said:

I'm not sure which game you mean, but I:M has been out a while, and the big 2.0 update was released on July 4th.
    If you mean Torchlight it's Epic's free game from today until July 18.
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Myrdynn said:

That's the stand-alone expansion that's coming out this month, Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Martyr Prophecy, you need the base Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Martyr. I really hope we get more words added to the title!
    TacticalZombeh
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

skeaser said:

Myrdynn said:

That's the stand-alone expansion that's coming out this month, Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Martyr Prophecy, you need the base Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Martyr. I really hope we get more words added to the title!
    ok i am so confused, I should just wait til the stand-alone comes out then?
    edited July 2019
    Myrdynn said:

ok i am so confused, I should just wait til the stand-alone comes out then?
    No, they are like separate campaigns. You can buy both and they act like one big game or you can just buy the new one but you won't have the content from the base game available.

The base game could go on sale when the expansion comes out so it might be worth waiting if you want to get both.. or there could be a package deal.
  • GamePlay4UGamePlay4U Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Torchlight is a good game but not worth installing spyware to get it for free.
    SBFord
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Looking for a good arpg? Yes
    Downloading anything from EPIC games? Nope
    SBFord
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • RunRabbitRunRabbit Newbie CommonPosts: 15
    Nice try China!
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Or get it on Steam and get the tons of mods that a lot of dedicated fans worked on.
    SBFord
    edited July 2019
    Phixion13 said:
    Or get it on Steam and get the tons of mods that a lot of dedicated fans worked on.
    Torchlight 1 does not have Steam Workshop.

https://www.torchlightfansite.com has all the mods anyway and a good mod manager, for all the Torchlight games.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Adding it to my library later today. Not because of the price, I already own it. Also not because of the game, I find the Torchlight series highly overrated. But Sweeny and Epic are so frigging awesome they deserve all the support they can get!

I also don’t suffer from Stockholm Syndrom or that weird defficiency where you all of a sudden attach emotions to companies. It makes my decision making a lot easier so I can focus on the qualities of the actual game I want to get, I am a gamer after all.

Thanks Epic, stay awesome!  :*

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

DakeruSBFord
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• RunRabbitRunRabbit Newbie CommonPosts: 15

lahnmir said:

Adding it to my library later today. Not because of the price, I already own it. Also not because of the game, I find the Torchlight series highly overrated. But Sweeny and Epic are so frigging awesome they deserve all the support they can get!

I also don’t suffer from Stockholm Syndrom or that weird defficiency where you all of a sudden attach emotions to companies. It makes my decision making a lot easier so I can focus on the qualities of the actual game I want to get, I am a gamer after all.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Lmao sounds like you forgot your ignorance medicine.

/Cheers
    Your doctor
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    RunRabbit said:

lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Lmao sounds like you forgot your ignorance medicine.

/Cheers
    Your doctor
    You must be new here, welcome!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer