Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Funcom Showcases 12 Minutes of Moons of Madness Gameplay

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Funcom Showcases 12 Minutes of Moons of Madness Gameplay

Moons of Madness is Funcom's upcoming horror game and the team is ready to show off what players will experience as they face terror in space. The new video features over ten minutes of gameplay footage featuring Shane Newehart, the title's protagonist. Moons of Madness has ties to Secret World thanks to the Orochi group that built the secret research facility where Newehart is stationed.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I'm a big fan of spaceship horror. Alien and Event Horizon are to blame.
    SBFordSovrathRoinhallucigenocideTalraekkNyghthowlerinfomatzTacticalZombehLighttipValdheim
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Same! :D
    SovrathTheDarkrayneMensurNyghthowlerinfomatzValdheim

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Flying camera simulator #136892 - because previous 136891 weren't enough.
    [Deleted User]infomatz

Thank you for your time!

• nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Are there any Secret World themed books or something similar about parallel societies (no paranormal detective please...)
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

nastilon said:

Are there any Secret World themed books or something similar about parallel societies (no paranormal detective please...)

No books , however Johnny Depp studios has been contracted for a Secret World tv series
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Scorchien said:

nastilon said:

No books , however Johnny Depp studios has been contracted for a Secret World tv series
    whaaaa??! dunno about his studio but the secret world would make for some great tv i think.
    bcbullysschrupp

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'll be honest, this pisses me off. They could've tried to save secret world (somehow) instead of wasting money making something as niche as this (even though it doesn't look like they invested as much as making something a bit more fleshed out). It just gets me upset knowing how much Secret World had, yet it just exists now instead of actually being good. Hell, I'd even take a Conan Exile like approach at this point.
    Gdemami
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    This kinda reminds me of System Shock, esp the words written on the wall in blood.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Pretty cool. I will have to check it out.
    infomatzTacticalZombeh

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,514

SBFord said:

Same

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

Albatroes said:

I'll be honest, this pisses me off. They could've tried to save secret world (somehow) instead of wasting money making something as niche as this (even though it doesn't look like they invested as much as making something a bit more fleshed out). It just gets me upset knowing how much Secret World had, yet it just exists now instead of actually being good. Hell, I'd even take a Conan Exile like approach at this point.

I think they are being smart.

They've had success with single player games and would like to continue to be a game studio as opposed to folding because their online games just can't bring in the money that they need.

Good on them for growing and not throwing good money after bad trying to make certain games more successful than they can be.

[Deleted User]bcbullyTacticalZombeh
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Sovrath said:

Albatroes said:

They've had success with single player games and would like to continue to be a game studio as opposed to folding because their online games just can't bring in the money that they need.

Good on them for growing and not throwing good money after bad trying to make certain games more successful than they can be.

still I don't see how legends was a improvement from the previous game....
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

Sovrath said:

Albatroes said:

still I don't see how legends was a improvement from the previous game....

I would think that's subjective. It's a little different from the original game.

I think they were thinking it would be easier for players to get into the game and that the change in combat was something that more players wanted.

They should have realized it was more of a niche game (I personally was surprised when they said that their 300k players was not enough. I never thought the game would get more than that) and they should have leaned in on their hard puzzles and sleuthing. Basically develop a niche game and give that niche what they want.

sumdumguy1sschruppTacticalZombeh
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RosenborgRosenborg Member UncommonPosts: 162

SBFord said:

You heard of SCORN?

:)
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited July 2019
    When the guy goes 'Ugh what's that" I said out loud, "it's repurposed Orochi Group assets, and the black slime from TSW".

I'm totally not jaded at Funcom. :D

*Edit. Ohhhh, they're doing it on purpose. Mkay*
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • uriel_mafessuriel_mafess Member UncommonPosts: 148
    I mean no offense but they better save money by closing the studio and not releasing this crap.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I like the idea, but I wish companies would release gameplay where it looks like someone was playing how you would actually play. Not just "here let us slowly position the camera to where we know you should be looking, oh now lets look down slowly, up slowly, strafe left into a hallway" nobody plays like that.
    [Deleted User]