Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dual Universe Invites Its Alpha Testers to Become Industry Tycoons

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageDual Universe Invites Its Alpha Testers to Become Industry Tycoons

Dual Universe is kicking off its second round of Alpha testing starting today with a host of new features and improvements as well as new players entering the fray. Most notably, players will be able to explore all-new features designed to expand the player-driven economy.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Damn I want this game to be THE ONE.
    anemo

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Spiider said:
    Damn I want this game to be THE ONE.
    Me too brother...Me too.

Spiider
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Arterius said:

So this game is basically Eve 2 right

No.

So far there's been no evidence of combat or PVP while CCP built EVE from the ground up to support both from the get go.

Appears to be more of a crafting simulation a la EQ Next.
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Kyleran said:

Arterius said:

So this game is basically Eve 2 right

No.

So far there's been no evidence of combat or PVP while CCP built EVE from the ground up to support both from the get go.

Appears to be more of a crafting simulation a la EQ Next.
    Precisely.

The best way I can describe this game is like a massively Multiplayer version of Empyrean: Galactic survival...If youve ever played on one of the mega servers anyhow.
    Kyleran
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited July 2019
    Could someone explain how to pvp will work?

Emergent gameplay: economy, trade, territories, politics and warfare are all player-driven. Both PvP and non-PvP will be possible.
    EDIT: oh found this, is it still accurate?

https://dualthegame.com/en/news/2018/01/30/our-toughts-on-territory-protection-mechanics/
    It's pretty well explained there. Exploring, going to new places, finding a new home among the stars,.... Should be hard and dangerous. PvP is an essential part there because it's a "civilization" game.

If you just want to be safe 100% at all times then there is already a possibility. Live in the ASA around the ark. You can be there all the time and even mine all basic resources. So you can build all the basic stuff right there, 100% safe.

But rare resources and the "good stuff" will be ofc far away from the safezones to force ppl to Go outside. It doesn't make any sense to give players everything without risk.

So when you want those rare resources you have to Go there.
    And yes, that's a PvP zone. That makes sure ppl band together, collaborate and help each other.

Or, If you don't want to Go there, then wait for ppl until they trade those resources with you. Might be more expensive, but will happen

Spiider

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Have i read this correctly? The Alpha 2 test lasts only 8hrs?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited July 2019
    Asm0deus said:
    Could someone explain how to pvp will work?

Emergent gameplay: economy, trade, territories, politics and warfare are all player-driven. Both PvP and non-PvP will be possible.
    EDIT: oh found this, is it still accurate?

https://dualthegame.com/en/news/2018/01/30/our-toughts-on-territory-protection-mechanics/
    It's pretty well explained there. Exploring, going to new places, finding a new home among the stars,.... Should be hard and dangerous. PvP is an essential part there because it's a "civilization" game.

If you just want to be safe 100% at all times then there is already a possibility. Live in the ASA around the ark. You can be there all the time and even mine all basic resources. So you can build all the basic stuff right there, 100% safe.

But rare resources and the "good stuff" will be ofc far away from the safezones to force ppl to Go outside. It doesn't make any sense to give players everything without risk.

So when you want those rare resources you have to Go there.
    And yes, that's a PvP zone. That makes sure ppl band together, collaborate and help each other.

Or, If you don't want to Go there, then wait for ppl until they trade those resources with you. Might be more expensive, but will happen

Words.  So far we have seen no evidence of any sort of combat mechanics, PVE or PVP.

Now they could be developing some on a super secret environment which no one has seen or admitted to seeing,  but I'm doubtful considering how much they enjoy showing everyone their building and environments.

If not, IMO combat is a feature one doesn't bolt on as an afterthought, but hey, I'm only part French so what do I know?

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Kyleran said:
    ...snip...
    I expect there will be some combat as that was one of the main features in the kickstarter  curious if that has changed is all.

Guess it's still too early to know for sure.
    Kyleran

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    it hasnt changed its coming in alpha 3
    Kyleran