Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loading... A New Managing Editor - Bill Murphy - MMORPG.com

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Nice, and good luck with your new endeavor!!

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited July 2019
    Did we just lose our MMORPG dad? *sobs*

Suzie, don't you dare leaving us without our MMORPG mum. *shakes fist*

Jokes aside, best of luck on your new journey and best wishes to you and your family, Bill!

EDIT: both Bill and Suzie are leaving? awwwww my joke is not fun anymore. I'll miss you both, good luck!

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302
    Bittersweet news, for sure. Best of luck to you on your next adventure. For some reason it brings to mind the final few lines of South Park's "Make Love Not Warcraft" episode:

Stan: "I can't believe it's all over. What do we do now?"
    Cartman: "What do you mean? Now we can finally play the game."

Best of luck out there.
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Best of luck and thanks for everything you've done!
  • DoctorhooDoctorhoo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    A Class Act. You will be missed.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    I will miss your articles and input. Best of luck to you, as we say in the Corps, Fair winds and following seas. Best of luck in your next chapter.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556
    Bill is leaving as well ? Wow looks like there is lots of change going on around here. Good luck dude on your future adventures. Will miss you !
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Congrats Bill, and good luck with your new consultancy firm.

Free tip, add to your services list something about advising indies on which game service to go with, Steam, Epic, exclusives etc.

Some advice on the best way to monetize their particular game would also likely be worth paying you guys for.

After all, not every indie dev can afford a good monetization designer / manager.
    Gdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Best of luck, Bill!

"... and as always, don't let a bad PUG gets you down"
    ScotcheyaneKyleranPhaserlightAsheram[Deleted User]
  • MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Well shucks the biggest posters are leaving, what will there be left to read? I guess as long as DMKano is around it will stay interesting. Sad to see the day come

• ysn888ysn888 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    edited July 2019
    Yoooooo GL man ! Peace !
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    edited July 2019
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 682
    Good luck on your journey and thanks for all your articles and such!

10 years... just made me realize I've been visiting this site for 16 years. For some reason I was thinking you'd been around since then.
    SBFord
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Best wishes.

Maybe submit a Christmas special providing an insight on the promotion side of the games industry today.
    SBFordKyleranPhaserlight
  • MeleconMelecon Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Good Luck Bill... been awesome reading your articles it was MMOFTW that brought me to this site wow almost 6 years ago....
    SBFord
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited July 2019
    Hmm, was thinking perhaps the title of this thread should have started with "Unloading"

Cheers Bill.
    SBFordPhaserlight

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    I grew accustomed seeing your name from time to time on these forums. Good luck.
  • ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614
    eRP in Goldshire? :P
    Anyway thanks for the memories and wish you the best for the future! Life goes on <3
    SBFord
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    edited July 2019
    I don't know if you remember the old days over at IGN when we were writing about such new games as EverQuest and Asheron's Call...seems like forever ago. What an amazing time to be a gamer back then. We were present at the birth of a whole new genre of gaming and here we are 20 years later - still enjoying this wonderful crazy thing we call MMORPG's. I remember the early days of MMORPG.com and it's really wild west days - OMG, the forums were like some toxic PvP battleground and only the strong survived. I think the place mellowed out under your leadership and became a much better gaming site. ::sigh:: Nothing last forever - so it is sad to see one of the best managing editors, of one of the best MMO websites moving on. We may not of shared the same opinion regarding certain games, but there was always one thing I think we had in common and that was our love for online gaming. I wish you well in your new position and new job and hope nothing but the best for you...you deserve it. You will be missed...of that I am sure.
    SBFord[Deleted User]perrin82
  • elfenwindelfenwind Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I'm one of those lurkers who frequently browse this forum but felt compelled to say Good luck in the next step of your life. I use mostly this website to check out the latest mmo news and really liked your mature approach in the face of the toxic users over the years. I enjoyed Bill's mmoftw videos for a time till mmorpgs became quite stale. Been lurking since WOTLK and will continue to do so.
    SBFord
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Awwww, best of luck, Bill! You'll be missed!

But we'll be sure to give the new guy as much shit as we've given you over the years, I'm sure. Tell him that his tastes suck when he makes a Top 10 of the year and all that good stuff :3
    KyleranTealaSBFord

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Bye Bill!  you are awesome, always have been, are and always will be!

Sz  :)
    SBFord
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Best of luck to you and Suzie.

Glad to hear that you'll still be working together.

Take care of each other :)
    SBFord
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    edited July 2019
    Much respect for running one of the most cynical, but also one of the most interesting places for discussion, places in our gaming world. As someone who has been here for about as long as yourself, I have much respect for what you have built here. Good luck in the future, Bill and Suzie. 
    SBFord
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    May your find both joy and prosperity on your new journey.

SBFord