Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eve Online Gives Players One Last Warning - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageEve Online Gives Players One Last Warning - MMORPG.com

Today, Eve admins dropped a final overview of a new change to null-sec space. This lawless section of CCP's great online adventure is about to find all local chat flipped over to delayed mode. What this means for the space-based entrepreneur, because I'd never call anybody a thieving pirate, is a definite shift in nullsec's dynamic. Players who chose to run silently will no longer appear in the local population, only cropping up if they type into the chat.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    The true "surprise mechanic".
    lotrloreTacticalZombeh

Thank you for your time!

• Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Love the responses on the EvE forums, threatening to unsub because they can no longer semi AFK and will have to actually use d-scanners.
    OzmodanTacticalZombehnatpick
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Psychos1s said:

Love the responses on the EvE forums, threatening to unsub because they can no longer semi AFK and will have to actually use d-scanners.

and here I was thinking it would change little to nothing
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    "Ssshhhh! There be poirates!"
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    My perception of Eve and its players has changed greatly since this change was announced.
    anemo

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• DisantiaDisantia Member UncommonPosts: 50
    This is definitely going to screw over botters hard. Going to be able to stealth into systems now also. Makes solo flying into 0.0 space a lot easier and way more dangerous though. Going to actually have to play the game and think now while in 0.0 lol. No more afking watching netflix
    Ozmodan
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Disantia said:

This is definitely going to screw over botters hard. Going to be able to stealth into systems now also. Makes solo flying into 0.0 space a lot easier and way more dangerous though. Going to actually have to play the game and think now while in 0.0 lol. No more afking watching netflix

I know, right? I love mining and watching Netflix, this would spoil everything.....if I still played EVE that is....

Good thing I no longer do.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    time to check in game market for salt price
    TacticalZombeh
  • evolgrinzevolgrinz Member UncommonPosts: 151
    edited July 2019
    RIP to all the nullsec miners out there. I used to mine in nullsec, having 2 accounts and playing on 2 computers. Have 1 mining and the other hauling the ore. Glad I don't play EVE anymore. And if I did, this change would have made me quit for sure.
    KyleranOzmodanTacticalZombehcheebaZenerensacredcow4
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    well null sec is the high risk/reward place after all.. If the risk factor has declined to far... changes need to be made to bring it back up again.

Sounds like a solid change to me.

That reminds me.. i should pop back in.. been years since the last time.
    [Deleted User]Lighttip

This have been a good conversation

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Fortunately the various routes through null sec have choke points, and while players might not appear in local chat, they do appear in proximity view, which seeing as how many if not most null sec alliances have a NBSI policy, and a proclivity to bubble gates etc. things could get interesting as there are bound to be a few players who think not appearing in local chat will somehow make them invisible, hint, even cloaky SB's etc. have to be careful when travelling through nullsec! :p
    Ozmodan[Deleted User]
    tawess said:
    well null sec is the high risk/reward place after all.. If the risk factor has declined to far... changes need to be made to bring it back up again.

High risk for who? CCP has a long history of increasing the risk for PVE players, who shoulder most of the burden, but for the wolves...not so much.

A null sec miner can easily put 13B isk in the field, while a PVPer can get by flying a cheap interceptor worth about 50K ISK.

A quick look at any killboard probably will show plenty of miners still getting popped every day. 

When I reactivated a few accounts last summer I moved out to renter space and one evening a large fleet came through and caught 23 Rorqs ......and countless other sub caps and smaller ships.

As I've said before, the "safety" of null sec is being highly overstated by many here who've rarely krabbed a day in null.

Contrary to rumors,  not every player in null uses illegal bots or detection programs to escape, in fact very few do as, you know, it's against the TOC and CCP will perma ban people they catch doing so.

PhryGdemaminastilonJeffSpicoliZenerencheeba

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Should be a bit different if you get spoted by player from the controlling force you ought to apear in local chat.If there is a delay i can understand but not apearing at all is stupid mechanic. Would it stop us mining - NO if you mine in nullsec you mine in a rorqual - if you do it the old fashion way - sucks to be you. Would it stop us ratting ? - Hell no at this day in age ppl also depend of carriers and supercarriers to rat -if you dont have one and the skill to fly it - sucks to be you :)
    It will hurt more all those idiots that usually state its beneficial to the players the lone wolfs and the guys with little or no skills . But thats all its all about at the end isn't it ? Not helping the playerbase but thinking how wo make players buy more injectors on the market aiming towards microtransactions and why not ?
    They do it in black desert they can do it in EVE !
    KyleranOzmodan
  • DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    So if you want to do something in nullsec ? Join an Alliance and hope they give a xxxx to support you !
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Mmm... good popcorn.
    You know, I've been thinking about this all wrong.

Probably a great time to join the dark side and starting ganking krabs instead of being the gankee.

PhryScot

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Disantia said:

totally agree. ;)
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited July 2019
    There has to be something seriously wrong when a PvP game allows one to go AFK and watch Netflix ,shouldn't one be on alert for attacks. I can understand this happening in a PvE game but why a PvP game allows people to go afk is very odd.
    cheebasacredcow4

• mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305

Kyleran said:

tawess said:

High risk for who? CCP has a long history of increasing the risk for PVE players, who shoulder most of the burden, but for the wolves...not so much.

A null sec miner can easily put 13B isk in the field, while a PVPer can get by flying a cheap interceptor worth about 50K ISK.

A quick look at any killboard probably will show plenty of miners still getting popped every day. 

When I reactivated a few accounts last summer I moved out to renter space and one evening a large fleet came through and caught 23 Rorqs ......and countless other sub caps and smaller ships.

As I've said before, the "safety" of null sec is being highly overstated by many here who've rarely krabbed a day in null.

Contrary to rumors,  not every player in null uses illegal bots or detection programs to escape, in fact very few do as, you know, it's against the TOC and CCP will perma ban people they catch doing so.

Same for everyone else my man the problem is in high sec noone would ever dream of using a 13billion set up for anything...shall I recite the usual pile of poop we get told? "dont fly what you cant afford to lose" "this is eve no one is ever safe", and so its about time those stupid player created rhetorical rules started applying to everyone even the true carebears in null sec who had the riches area to play freely in for years making obscene money with next to no risk because you just set up alts in neighboring systems and log when someone shows in local chat.

Even with this null sec will still be free money compared to high sec. Its long over due that CCP wake up to the con job "null sec elitists" have been pulling over on this game. Constantly demanding high sec nerfs null sec buffs, because risk when null sec literally had no risk compared to high sec.
    Ozmodan
    kitarad said:
    There has to be something seriously wrong when a PvP game allows one to go AFK and watch Netflix ,shouldn't one be on alert for attacks. I can understand this happening in a PvE game but why a PvP game allows people to go afk is very odd.
    It is a gross exaggeration to call it afking unless of course one is cheating by using a bot program (made illegal 4 years go) which few players actually do these days.

My mining involved one pilot afk in a boosting ship safe in a POS (mechanic removed 2.5 yrs ago) while I managed 5 other accounts all on the same laptop.

Four accounts mined, which involved regularly moving around an asteroid belt to get in range of the best rocks and regularly turning on two lasers on all 4 ships about every 3 minutes as they shut off when the ships hold is full. 

When full, each holds cargo was manually jettisoned into space, and my 6th account, a hauler would have to fly or tractor the ore to its hold.  Once full, the hauler flew to station or POS, loaded the ore into a refinery, and once refined, moved again to 0a cargo hold or container.

All a very manually intense process and hardly what I would classify as afking,  though it was possible to watch Netflix between cargo dumps, assuming one is very good at multi tasking which I actually am though I often "watch" the same show 3 or 4 times in order to catch all of it.

As noted CCP has made several big changes to make null sec far less safe for krabs and botters with this just another jab at the PVE community.
    kitaradGdemamiH0urg1ass

mmrv said:

Kyleran said:

tawess said:

Same for everyone else my man the problem is in high sec noone would ever dream of using a 13billion set up for anything...shall I recite the usual pile of poop we get told? "dont fly what you cant afford to lose" "this is eve no one is ever safe", and so its about time those stupid player created rhetorical rules started applying to everyone even the true carebears in null sec who had the riches area to play freely in for years making obscene money with next to no risk because you just set up alts in neighboring systems and log when someone shows in local chat.

Even with this null sec will still be free money compared to high sec. Its long over due that CCP wake up to the con job "null sec elitists" have been pulling over on this game. Constantly demanding high sec nerfs null sec buffs, because risk when null sec literally had no risk compared to high sec.
    Err, you can't fly a Capital Rorq in high sec so perhaps that why? By the way, it's the mining drones at 1B or 2B ISK each which run up the cost, the hull is what, 3B or so these days.

Yet incursion runners often fly pirate hulls worth 2B to 8B ISK every day in high sec, so you exaggerate when saying no one risks expensive ships there, but they sure don't afk travel to their destinations.

If null sec mining is so "easy" why the heck aren't you and everyone else out there already? 

Because easy it is not.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    EVE Online clearly has the best nomenclature of any game I can think of. I never know what anyone is talking about with things like "high sec," "null sec," and "incursion runners." But it sounds really cool. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• mraneremranere Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I remember when the hardcore PvP players begged for this many, many years ago before player owned structures. Now that they have bots in place that run when something enters system and things to lose without too much risk, they cry. Keep it up CCP. I see more small gang raids in nullsec's future.
  • AlundilAlundil Member UncommonPosts: 10

Kyleran said:

tawess said:

50K ISK for a cheap interceptor? Wut? You can't pick up unarmed shuttles in some places for 50K ISK.

Methinks you are exaggerating if only ever so slightly.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Alundil said:

Kyleran said:

tawess said:

50K ISK for a cheap interceptor? Wut? You can't pick up unarmed shuttles in some places for 50K ISK.

Methinks you are exaggerating if only ever so slightly.
    I don't think @Kyleran has even played EVE before.

I KID!!! I KID!!!
    PhaserlightKyleran
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/