Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Albion Online's Percival Update Arrives with Solo Randomized Dungeons & More (Sponsored) - MMORPG.co

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageAlbion Online's Percival Update Arrives with Solo Randomized Dungeons & More (Sponsored) - MMORPG.com

Albion Online has been patched with the Percival Update that brings a host of new features to players. Percival marks the seventh major update to Albion Online and comes with the hugely anticipated Solo Randomized Dungeons.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    This sounds like this game hasenough PvE content for players. Is that true? I had thought this was a game primarily focused on PvP which I'm just not into. As a PvE focused player should I give this a shot, & would it offer enough?
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited July 2019
    If they're introducing solo dungeons now, that would imply the game originally didn't have enough PvE content before that they had to resort to this.

Whether or not it has enough PvE content NOW after this update might be another question entirely of course. One which probably can't be answered until people had a chance to try it out.
    Gdemami
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Ehhh, if you're looking for raids and such I wouldn't bother. They have dungeons and they are fun but nothing on the large-scale scene that does not involve any PvP.
    Seelinnikoi
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Damage sponge enemies make the whole game exceptionally slow and boring - no matter if it's solo or group content.

I'd give it a (second) try if the devs switched concept to faster arcade gameplay.
    Seelinnikoi

Thank you for your time!

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    The PVE content of the game is ONLY FARMING / GATHERING.

There are some YOU vs MONSTERS kind of thing, Expeditions, Random Dungeons and now Solo Random Dungeons...

BUT... and this is the big BUT...

When they say SOLO random dungeon, it doesnt mean it is you alone in an instanced dungeon, it just means that it is easier for solo players to kill the mobs there.

The problem is that the SOLO dungeon works as the regular dungeon, people can still go in there, kill you in the middle of a boss fight and get YOUR loot and the bosses loot.

So yeah, PVE content in this game is an illusion, dont be fooled by it.
    The game is unforgiving to new players and even though there are safe zones where people cannot kill you, they offer so little in contrast to the dangerous zones, that you might not even bother.
    Something like 1 hour of fame farming in a danger zone, is equivalent to 6-8 hours in a safe zone.
    Yeah, it really sucks and the devs said many times that they want the game to be high risk high reward.

This update really disappointing me as when they said SOLO, I really thought it was just me and the mobs and no one else... but nope, everyone and anyone can enter your "solo dungeon" which is just a green portal in the world and all people have to do is click on it.
    TokkenBruceYeesschruppTacticalZombeh
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Wow. Dungeons designed to be solo'd yet being open to PvP in a game where soloing in open PvP areas is potentially suicide seems like a feature that won't be utilized very much. Wonder how often other players will intrude into them.  If it gets bad enough, that's a freakishly bizarre way to waste development resources.
    Tokken
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    i love this game style, but hate the way it force you to pvp and loose all loot. i wish it have pve server
    Tokken

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Tiamat64 said:
    Wow. Dungeons designed to be solo'd yet being open to PvP in a game where soloing in open PvP areas is potentially suicide seems like a feature that won't be utilized very much. Wonder how often other players will intrude into them.  If it gets bad enough, that's a freakishly bizarre way to waste development resources.
    Yes, total BS.  Nothing like being ganked in a solo dungeon today.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    itsover said:
    i love this game style, but hate the way it force you to pvp and loose all loot. i wish it have pve server
    Yeah I wont even look at it in its current format.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    It seems like everyone would've been happier if once you enter a solo dungeon the entrance disappears so no one else can go in.
    There are quite a few players in this game that only PVE and while this makes it easier to complete daily challenges I think the game could really benefit from a huge PVE only zone the size of black zones.

For me the highlight of this update is the extra skill spells, think we need many more added in the future.
    Tokken
  • Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 386
    They should open a large southern world that is all pve. The problem then would be all the complaining about gear being better or easier to get in the pve areas. Unless they made it so you couldn't use it in pvp areas.. whole new can there.
    Tokken

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    And still no keyboard movement... /facepalm
    Isaiah 41:10
  • vicentesoulvicentesoul Member UncommonPosts: 49
    The best update to date, solo dungeons are fun and a good way to earn money :) cant wait to see what are they planning next
    Tokken