Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem Cataclysm Update - Legendary Weapons Land on PTR - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageAnthem Cataclysm Update - Legendary Weapons Land on PTR - MMORPG.com

Anthem's Cataclysm has finally landed on the game's PTR. In a new preview from YouTube's KhrazeGaming, viewers get a look at the new weapons that will come to players once the update is released on live servers. The nine new weapons are considered energy weapons, something different from the more mundane weapons released so far.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RaltherRalther Newbie CommonPosts: 6
    So they are still trying to revive this game huh... I actually bought it then refunded it like half an hour into the game. Something was really off with it that I could not put my finger on it. Watched some videos .... best decision I made when it comes to games.
    Whiskeydust
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    And here I thought the live servers were the PTR this entire time.
    Spriggen1337Solancer[Deleted User]Shaighgastovski1VexiusxTacticalZombeh
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    If they keep on working on it, then it might be worth revisiting it in a year or so's time. :/
    Vexiusx
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    People are still playing this ?
    WhiskeydustVexiusx
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Ill go back and give it  shot, what do i got to loose.
    Vexiusx
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Is there pvp in this game?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    bcbully said:
    No :smile:
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited July 2019

150 hours in June alone. It's much more fun than Warframe and The Division - not to mention how it looks much better than these.
    ShadowStyleBGdemamiJeffSpicoliDarkpigeongunklacker[Deleted User]dragonlee66gastovski1WhiskeydustVexiusxand 1 other.

Thank you for your time!

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

3dom said:

150 hours in June alone. It's much more fun than Warframe and The Division - not to mention how it looks much better than these.

Still a complete dumpster fire. It won't be worth playing until it gets a major expansion like Destiny 2 with Forsaken.

At least The Division and Warframe are actually playable and have more than 2 pieces of content to run forever.
    GdemamiJeffSpicolidragonlee66Phry
  • ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315

3dom said:

Still a complete dumpster fire. It won't be worth playing until it gets a major expansion like Destiny 2 with Forsaken.

At least The Division and Warframe are actually playable and have more than 2 pieces of content to run forever.

So what didn't you like in the game other than not having enough content? I mean you said dumpster fire so what didn't you like in the game?

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    edited July 2019
    Wasn't the Cataclysm update due out a couple of weeks after release?? And i pre ordered it
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    edited July 2019

3dom said:

So what didn't you like in the game other than not having enough content? I mean you said dumpster fire so what didn't you like in the game?
    While I'm not OP, I hated the extreme loading times, how clunky slow and annoying the base town is, how generic the story felt, how bad the inventory management was (loading 5 times if you wanted to change inventory after entering a mission). Flying felt not great, missions were extremely repetitive with little variation. Maybe some of that has gotten better but I did try the game again a month ago and it was all still there as far as I could tell. 
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    3dom said:

When one of the core gimmicks of the game, flight, is debatably worse than archwings, you got a bit of a problem with this claim.
    GdemamiPhrygrg210
  • SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Anthem might be a good game in another 2 years time, granted Bioware still working on it. Originally I thought Anthem will have lots of customization for your suit, but it turns out its a pay wall cash shop in a 60 dollar game, well I never. It would seem everyone's suit looks all the same but with rainbow color palette, not quite the options which I had in mind. On the other hand, Cash Shop in a free 2 enter game might be acceptable, but did Bioware magic just cast a globe spell which cost more than 100 dollar to enjoy Anthem demo?
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Solancer said:
    granted Bioware still working on it.  
    All the people that made Bioware great, are long gone. EA bought them out for their logo in order sell half-finished games.

Anyone buying their games is rewarding this behavior.
    Solancer
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 476

3dom said:

╭∩╮( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)╭∩╮

S***w you! You trashed Anthem in a thousand ways before trying any of it and everyone had correct you a thousand times. Now this 180° bull crap. Enough with you! Begone!
    gunklackergastovski1
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247

Limnic said:

3dom said:

When one of the core gimmicks of the game, flight, is debatably worse than archwings, you got a bit of a problem with this claim.

I disagree, Flight in Anthem is awesome, you can knock the loads, the fact its not finished and all the other wrongs with the game, but you cant knock the combat flight, its good.
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116

Limnic said:

3dom said:

I disagree, Flight in Anthem is awesome, you can knock the loads, the fact its not finished and all the other wrongs with the game, but you cant knock the combat flight, its good.
    As I already noted, that's debatable. And I can knock the combat flight. When I don't find the shift between the swing in the flight to the hovering, to the burn on fuel, and consider them to be downgrades to something like archwings, I am well within my right to think and express that.
    Phry
    Gdemami said:
    bcbully said:
    No wonder it’s struggling....
    gunklackerGdemami
    Torval said:
    bcbully said:
    Gdemami said:
    bcbully said:
    No wonder it’s struggling....
    @Scot here you go just to show I'm not picking on you. It's a real thing in many (most?) pve threads.
    Maybe that came off wrong. What I’m trying to say is no wonder they are struggling with content when the only content they have is expensive dev made content.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    edited July 2019

3dom said:

- Load screens everywhere
    - Game-breaking bugs like getting hit by things you dodge by a country mile or your hp being cut in 1/4th
    - No loot
    - Tooltips that are more confusing than helpful
    - Extremely limited cosmetic options in the cash shop each week
    - No weapon variety, all the models look exactly the same
    - No content, and all you can do to make it more interesting is turn enemies into bigger bullet sponges.  No new mechanics, nothing.

Edit:  I played the beta and it showed a lot of promise.  I chalked up the parts that were less than stellar to being beta and a big game with the thought that it would be ironed out.  I bought the legion of dawn edition and played for about 2 months on and off before I just uninstalled.  They borked this game so hard it's incredible.
  • Nutz739Nutz739 Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    The game is fun yet fundamentally flawed. Most ppl who complain or preach how and whats broken dont know first hand which adds to a lot of miss information. As a gamer I'll play whatever I want as most adults but it will be a while before I revisit this game, but its a good rental to find out for yourself. It's potential is the only reason its still alive IMO.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,821
    Anthem is the most fun demo I've ever played for a full game which does not exist and likely never will.

I would love for them to prove me wrong and flesh this game out with an equivalent level of content to Warframe. But right now, it's a small game with super amazing top tier combat, but no soul and no purpose. Nothing to do but farm the same few missions for marginally better loot and cosmetics to farm the same few missions.
    Gdemami