Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dawn of Isles - Mobile MMORPG

esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
edited June 2019 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but I've been playing it during my commute and I thought it was very well done.
The art style is Breath of the Wildish.

It has autopath/combat, but it's not on by default (iirc, or easy to turn off), and you can actually just see where the objective is on your map and go there yourself. They have a large variety of quests, home island development, crafting, pets, mini-games galore. Sometimes NPC will relay their story in the form of a mini-game.
They have an interesting looking elemental combat system where effects can be canceled with opposites, combined, etc. Unfortunately, that level of gameplay isn't really required, because the combat is quite easy for the most part.
The voice acting is available in Japanese and Chinese for the main story quests and it's decent. English is available for the UI and test of the game, along with a few other languages.
I'd really prefer the combat to be a little challenging, but the story and creature design make the game interesting enough to keep playing.
I also wish you could lower the camera angle a bit to get more of an over the shoulder angle to get a better view of the art.
It is a full MMORPG, but the group content I've seen so far is pretty brief. 
F2P of course, but I've found no need or pressure to buy anything yet. I did want to unlock one outfit, but it was probably the most expensive one at about $20 for the materials in the shop. I think if I keep playing I can get most of those in game though.
For anyone who likes that art style and a combat-lite RPG I'd recommend having a look.

https://www.neteasegames.com/news/game/20190606/30576_816998.html

Edit: It's called a "Survival MMORPG" some places, but how much of a survival game can it be if you never need to eat anything, or worry about weather. ;) The harvesting for crafting in the game resembles survival games. 

Comments

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Still having great fun with this game. 
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Mobile anything for me is an automatic no go except for chess of course
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Game has a cool art style but anything with Auto Pathing has the game designed in a way that just makes the entire game going from camp to camp spamming random skills to complete every single quest. It sucks they made it that easy with combat, because the systems you mention about elemental skills cancelling eachother out sounds really cool.  Also the fact that you can just buy materials for things in the shop means it's probably extremely P2W (as most mobile games are).
    Gdemami
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Game has a cool art style but anything with Auto Pathing has the game designed in a way that just makes the entire game going from camp to camp spamming random skills to complete every single quest. It sucks they made it that easy with combat, because the systems you mention about elemental skills cancelling eachother out sounds really cool.  Also the fact that you can just buy materials for things in the shop means it's probably extremely P2W (as most mobile games are).
    Only thing I can say about that is it's the first game I've found with auto pathing that actually works fine without it. It very likely is pay to win. I guess I don't worry about that too much as I'm already losing to Play to Win players with more time than I have XD