Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which mmo Mmorpg's to play?

FishForceFishForce Member UncommonPosts: 60
edited July 2019 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
This is the problems i have with current mmo's i play

ESO: Questing gets boring afther a while, and this is the main selling point of the game.
(Played for 6 months)
FFXIV: Good game but the queue times for dungeons are extremle long as DPS.
(Played for 6 months)
WoW: Wow is getting old and looking to dated the game is also a bid to simple.
(Played for years)

What Mmorpg do you recommend for me?
it may also be one of those above if you have a good reason.
I am not a hardcore player, i play about 12 hours a week, i am willing to pay a sub.
Which mmo Mmorpg's
  1. I recommend the following Mmorpg16 votes
    1. ESO
      31.25%
    2. FFXIV
      31.25%
    3. WoW
        0.00%
    4. Another Mmorpg
      37.50%

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Try something totally different, like EVE or perhaps try to play a game a different way. 

You could also try black desert but at the end of the day my dude, MMO's are all so similar you are probably going to get bored until you try something totally new or foreign.

I got bored MMO, i hit ARPG, i got bored of that, i am hitting ladder climbing RTS like SC 2. 

The only MMO game i play is Entropia, it is quite innovative in its economy, kind of sand boxish, graphics are decent, but the game has its own unique toxicity which i dont recommend without serious reservations. 

But to go back to other mmos, LOTR is decent but same ole crap as all other mmos. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited July 2019
    If better graphics are your thing go with Black Desert Online or Guild Wars 2.

Coming soon, WOW Classic should bring back some of the challenge, especially in the 40 man raiding scene, but 12 hours a week probably won't accommodate it.

Also in beta, Astellia is available though getting slagged on pretty hard by some, but might be worth at least a few months of fun.

Totally off the chain suggestion ...Runescape...yeah, I said it, has a ton of content, almost overwhelmingly so.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FishForceFishForce Member UncommonPosts: 60
    I guess its time for something new to come out...

Like Guild Wars 3 or WoW 2 or something.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited July 2019
    the 3 you listed are all very similar ,   Try something different like Ultima , Eve , Ryzom, Project Gorgon .. CoH new server for ex ..
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Give Guild Wars 2 a chance, you can play vanilla for free.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Maybe try Secret World?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• JimLJimL Newbie CommonPosts: 14

many people these days like to play non-mmorpg

such as  league of legend, battle ground, and e-sports games are producing

its time for NEW mmorpg to come out.. For the mmorpg i just play games published long ago such as wow or ryl row 

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    What are you looking for in a MMORPG?

Without knowing that it is impossible to provide on target recommendations.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    roll a tank on final fantasy 14?

btw ther eis a MMO today who is not heavyly instanced?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Ffxiv dps que is around 10 min. But you wont have que times if you are in a nice fc, just shout who wanna come join roulettes :)

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Amathe said:
    Maybe try Secret World?
    Underrated, play through at least once, type of game.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    On my FFXIV server (or server group Aether) DPS queues as a Dragoon are anywhere from 2 to 6 minutes, I never have a longer than that wait unless it's for daily roulettes and even then the longest was like 8 minutes. 
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Op, in case you haven't noticed the pattern, everyone is going to recommend the game they are currently playing because they are desperate for more players.
    MargraveGdemami
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    NorseGod said:
    Op, in case you haven't noticed the pattern, everyone is going to recommend the game they are currently playing because they are desperate for more players.
    Honestly all of the recommendations are just what people are playing. 90% of the games suggested have good populations (GW2, FFXIV, EVE, BDO). 
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
     for a person who never played WOW , would they be able to get into WOW classic and injoy it?
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
     for a person who never played WOW , would they be able to get into WOW classic and injoy it?
    why ride a bmx when you can ride a harley?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited July 2019
    FishForce said:
    This is the problems i have with current mmo's i play

ESO: Questing gets boring afther a while, and this is the main selling point of the game.
    (Played for 6 months)
    FFXIV: Good game but the queue times for dungeons are extremle long as DPS.
    (Played for 6 months)
    WoW: Wow is getting old and looking to dated the game is also a bid to simple.
    (Played for years)

What Mmorpg do you recommend for me?
    it may also be one of those above if you have a good reason.
    I am not a hardcore player, i play about 12 hours a week, i am willing to pay a sub.
    Funny, I have play ESO for a whole week without doing a single quest. There is so much to do in this game, as there is not just one way to play it and I am not saying you dont need to do quest at some point. You do need skill points. I spent 3 days once just exploring (getting Wayshrines and Skyshards) and gathering and crafting. Lots of public dungeons on the way. Didnt even notice I did it for days. Their dungeon system is awesome. You could live full time just doing PvP. I know some guildies that spend days just working the Guild Stores to make a ton of cash. Im overwhelmed with how much there is to do.
    NephethCatibrie
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    You're not going to get proper answers if you dont provide what was the longest mmorpg you played/why and what you're looking for. There isn't an umbrella mmorpg even though some of them are trying to accomplish that.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Quite possibly, if you don't mind tab-based combat more difficult and thus group reliant than many similar titles of today.

There are many videos on youtube these days speaking on Classic WoW due to the upcoming release that you can watch to get some impression of how it will be.

I personally found those by MadSeasonShow to be clear and informative, and his personal observations to be interesting. Perhaps you will find this as well.
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    None, because MMORPGs are in an abysmal state.
  • JimLJimL Newbie CommonPosts: 14

Lineage - making advenced item

RYL ROW- PvP

Wizard 101- if your the man!