Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New 'Black Powder Stashes' Event Begins Testing in Sea of Thieves

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageNew 'Black Powder Stashes' Event Begins Testing in Sea of Thieves

The latest Sea of Thieves Developer Update is out in the wild, this time covering a new event that will be sailing into the game in the near future. Black Powder Stashes are somewhat similar to Reaper's Run adventures and will, according to Joe Neate, bring new "social dynamics and behavior". Black Powder Stashes are currently on the Insider Build for testing prior to deployment on July 17th.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    edited July 2019
    If only they had this much passion and dedication to the game on launch day when they sold it for full price.

I don't subscribe to the buy now/develop later mentality. Games like no man's sky, fallout 76, sea of thieves, any loot shooter etc don't deserve second chances. You don't get to develop the rest of the game on my dime and then act like you did me a favour. "Games as a service" is triple A gaming's equivalent of "early access". The difference is, triple A is trying to convince you the game is a full price release candidate.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited July 2019
    At least in Atlas we still play the game like a rpg.
    In SOT the popular streamers were playing it like a battle Royale which is just sad.Sure they all came over from BR games but still,SOT is not suppose to be a BR game.
    The dev has never done anything as well as Atlas and charged $80 out of the gate for a completely empty game.

This game would need about 5 years of serious development,not what they sold for $80 but way better effort than that lack of effort and even then,it is not worth $80,you can buy Atlas for $11 lol not even close in value.

In Atlas you can board your ship with as many spots as the design and upgrades allow.When i hear this game using a 4 man Galleon,you have to laugh,that is just dumb and not even close to what a real galleon would have for crew.We have more than 20++,not sure the max but likely around 40-50 and with mods likely higher yet.I am pretty sure on the small Sloop i could have as many as 12 crew,even my cheap noob raft could put 4 people on it.So this SOT has really never been on board as a legit Pirate/sailing game.
    The stash idea is likely just a way to rename Atlas idea of hidden treasure.
    You can see listen to him talk and seems since the bigger streamers are playing more as a BR,they are trying to support that idea to keep the game alive.

This is not a good Pirate or even sailing game,the water has way more importance in Atlas,this is just a pvp BR game.
    bcbully

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Itzme123 said:

If only they had this much passion and dedication to the game on launch day when they sold it for full price.

I don't subscribe to the buy now/develop later mentality.
    Games like no man's sky, fallout 76, sea of thieves, any loot shooter etc don't deserve second chances. You don't get to develop the rest of the game on my dime and then act like you did me a favour.

"Games as a service" is triple A gaming's equivalent of "early access". The difference is, triple A is trying to convince you the game is a full price release candidate.

And as a consumer that is completely okay for you to choose not to give things a second chance. I personally liked Sea of Thieves on launch, and still continue to enjoy all the free updates they have been putting out. I also waited to buy No Mans Sky until it was cheaper, and had all the updates that made it a release ready game.

If you don't get them on launch, it isn't giving a second chance, it's just waiting for it to be worth what you want to spend on it.
  • GrindcoreTHRALLGrindcoreTHRALL Member UncommonPosts: 303
    Summ1t quit SOT, they are in trouble now.
    Celcius