Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ship of Heroes Team Details 'Ivar & Sons' Auction House - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageShip of Heroes Team Details 'Ivar & Sons' Auction House - MMORPG.com

The Ship of Heroes team has pushed out a new video to showcase the in-game auction house called "Ivar & Sons". The video showcases a character putting an item on the auction house using the "seemingly simple," yet robust system. "Functional trading system for players? Check!" the blog reads.

Read the full story here

Amathe

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Something about this game looks very wonky. At what stage in the development cycle is this footage ? also for a Superhero MMO this looks incredibly bland, Couldn't they have jazzed her up in something more exciting than the basic white costume ? After all that is one of the biggest draws of these types of games, The customization.

I get the purpose of the video was to show off the auction house but cmon.... Keep your fans awake.
    Lucix
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Good to see the progress.
    ScotGladDogwingood

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    TBH i dont know why they are continuing progress as the game wont last 6 months! Nostalgia 2.0 will have a few dedicated people playing and donating to keep servers open then after the initial release the shock will ware off and that will stop!
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    Loving the auction house. Looks good so far!
    AmatheGladDogwingood

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    The team showed off a lot of costume bits in the login test earlier this year. They are putting together a few more costume sets before they release the CCT beta, which is scheduled for August. They are fine tuning costumes to reduce their network signature, which will be very good for reducing lag. CoH was always a bit lazy at this, which is one of the reasons why raids would slow to a crawl so easily.

Why do this? Because very shortly after the CCT beta will come the Invasion test, which should allow participants to use costumes they made in the CCT beta. Looking forward to that!

What reallycaught my attention was the look of the city in the background. I was very impressed by how good it looked.
    AmatheBlaze_RockerwingoodSinsai

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    GladDog said:

What reallycaught my attention was the look of the city in the background. I was very impressed by how good it looked.
    /agree Same here!
    GladDogBlaze_RockerwingoodSinsaiTokken

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ShinyFlygonShinyFlygon Member UncommonPosts: 297
    I truly want to be supportive of this game. The settings are lovely -- I'll give it that.

But the UI, combat and visual effects have miles and miles to go before it catches up with City of Heroes. Which I can actually play. Right now.
    JeffSpicoli
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Heroic Games Corp. is not a AAA studio so it's not going to look like the triple A games you are use to. If you don't want to give something different a try even for a little bit then just stick to what you know. That would be best for the rest of us because the SoH community is positive right now and we don't want the negativity of the whiners and complainers to ruin our good vibes.
    GladDogwingoodSinsai

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited July 2019
    Something about this game looks very wonky. At what stage in the development cycle is this footage ? also for a Superhero MMO this looks incredibly bland, Couldn't they have jazzed her up in something more exciting than the basic white costume ? After all that is one of the biggest draws of these types of games, The customization.

I get the purpose of the video was to show off the auction house but cmon.... Keep your fans awake.
    I have NEVER seen a HQ looking super hero game,most of the early renditions of said genre have simply been cashing in on the licensing.The difference here is this game does not have Superman or Spiderman or the Hulk to cash in on,it has to sell on it's own merits.My reason for mentioning this is all the prior super hero games have not been even remotely close to play worthy,i wouldn't even give them a AA rating ,all have been Indie looking.
    This has been gaming in a nutshell this decade,just give them a hero and seems good enough to carry a lackluster game.

One thing i can say is this game has jumped leaps and bounds since i first took a look,it has less than Indie all over it,now it seems like it might come out as good as any of the rest,it just won't have the super heroes that people identify with.

It is imo a genre that will never be AAA,similar to moba's and arpg's,simple one gimmick games,not a whole lot of development goes into games in this decade.

"keep your fans awake"well if anyone is expecting to see a Square Enix product in an indie super hero game,they will be waiting a LONG time,so be patient,you will get your game of super heroes to mess around with.

I can't even get a mmorpg developer to make something i want to play,so gaming to me is in a real bad place,nobody is making AAA games ..NOBODY.So pull up a chair and enjoy your A and AA games,that is what 99% are,take it or leave it.

Blaze_Rocker

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IckzIckz Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Man, this game is gonna have a rough time. Every single update I've seen has remained looking like an amateur college game design project. How many years have they been working on this already? Even if it manages to release, there's no chance it'll survive. This is essily one of the worst crowdfunded MMOs I've seen. At some point you have to cut your losses and move on.
    JeffSpicoliLucix
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Ickz said:
    Man, this game is gonna have a rough time. Every single update I've seen has remained looking like an amateur college game design project. How many years have they been working on this already? Even if it manages to release, there's no chance it'll survive. This is essily one of the worst crowdfunded MMOs I've seen. At some point you have to cut your losses and move on.

Heroic Games Crop have been working on SoH the least amount of time of all the spiritual successor projects and with less money than the others too. When was the last time you read an update on this website from either City of Titans or Valiance Online? Ship of Heroes sails on while the others appear dead in the water.

The way things are going it looks like the other projects will call it quits before they ever officially launch.

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• IckzIckz Member UncommonPosts: 6

Ickz said:

Heroic Games Crop have been working on SoH the least amount of time of all the spiritual successor projects and with less money than the others too. When was the last time you read an update on this website from either City of Titans or Valiance Online? Ship of Heroes sails on while the others appear dead in the water.

The way things are going it looks like the other projects will call it quits before they ever officially launch.

None of them look good... at all. A super hero MMO is already a super niche market. Having three in development is a joke itself.
  • LucixLucix Member UncommonPosts: 79
    I cannot be hyped for this. Not yet atleast, and if someone could then I'm simply amazed. Since we're already so known with MMO's in general, how can one get hyped by a mere broker/marketboard/auction house.

I mean, I'm kind of expecting that it should work. And that such a system is in an MMO these days.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Ickz said:

Ickz said:

None of them look good... at all. A super hero MMO is already a super niche market. Having three in development is a joke itself.
    Yeah...you're delusional.  The incredibly populated City of Heroes servers prove you completely wrong.  

Now whether or not this will come out and be any good?  That's another subject, but trying to dismiss the game based solely on its theme is hilarious when compared to generic fantasy setting #1,265,968
    Blaze_Rocker
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Honestly I can't even get past the floor texture in the screenshot. They should just delete that and never use it again. Basic cement or concrete would be better. Man that is hideous.

It was also pretty surprising that a video about a super hero game, with fireworks in it no less, was so dull and boring.

He opened the auction house for all of three seconds. He spends more time positioning his jump to see the fireworks.

They are going to need to show me something a lot more compelling than this to get me interested.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• lunawisplunawisp Member UncommonPosts: 184
    You can't really compare a game that hasn't even reached alpha yet (SoH) with one that was in full development for nearly 8 years (CoH). Superhero games are a bit of a niche product but, personally, I quite like the way this one is going. Sci-Fi meets superhero - it's not going to please everybody but I'm looking forward to its release.
    The city looks clean and futuristic in comparison to CoH's gritty earth based cities full of mobs. How it plays out, we'll just have to wait and see but the devs are open to suggestions and, like CoH, development will, no doubt, continue over the life of the game so they'll have plenty of time to improve it.
    lunawisp was my peacebringer in City of Heroes. She lives on, in memory, as my gaming id