Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bandai Namco Shares First Blue Protocol Trailer & Reveals Closed Alpha Schedule - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageBandai Namco Shares First Blue Protocol Trailer & Reveals Closed Alpha Schedule - MMORPG.com News

Bandai Namco has announced new details about its upcoming "online ARPG" Blue Protocol. Closed alpha testing will kick off this month with three days of testing for several hours each day. Four classes will be available to try out including Aegis Fighter, Twin Striker, Blast Archer, and Spell Caster. To help set the stage for the anime-inspired title, Bandai Namco sent out a new trailer and some information about the game.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    Not my preferred style, but it looks decent.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Love this art style.
    JeffSpicoliShadowStyleBValentinaFolmenDragnelus[Deleted User]Ilayakitaradswaghole
    Chamber of Chains
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited July 2019
    cheyane said:
    Love this art style.
    Agreed I'm not a anime fan but i do love the very cartoon like aesthetics and studio ghibli look. The big problem is Iv played both Soul Worker and KurtzPel and although they have fun combat and stunning visuals they were heavily instanced and very light on content ie repetitious . I'v said this before and i don't know if its technically possible but if they could bring this art style and gameplay to a open world MMO type environment i think these kind of games would be a HUGE hit.
    ShadowStyleBValentinaFolmen
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315
    I like the art. It does seem to want to grab those fans of Sword Art Online which isn't a bad thing as long as the story and gameplay are good.

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426
    I would play the shit out of this!
    Folmen
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    edited July 2019
    If it's an open world MMORPG then yeah it looks amazing, if it is heavily instanced like soulworker and kurtzpel then that's tragic.
    FolmenJeffSpicoliLife2vKalafax
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    that's what i'm talking about, MMO of the decade
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    PSO2 vibes
    elveone
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    I would be totally happy with instances if it isn't another shallow hack and slasher like Streetwork- I mean Soulworker.

If you go with instances, use those instances to force unique challenges on teams.

If you go open world, take advantage of that open world with dynamic content and hidden explorable areas. A small, dense open world is better than a large, vapid one.
    JeffSpicolielveoneRoin
  • achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    edited July 2019
    WE CANT SIGN UP FOR CLOSED BETA !!!

I doubt there are many players from Japan on this forum, so next time mention that first please.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    if it's open world like archeage, I'll play it. if it's like kurtzpel, soulworker, then absolutely not my cup of tea.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited July 2019
    achmede said:

I doubt there are many players from Japan on this forum, so next time mention that first please.
    It's in the full article. It seems you didn't bother reading past the first post in the thread, but I'm in a good mood, so I'll quote it here for you:

Sign ups for alpha testing are being accepted, though it appears that only Japanese players will be accepted with a Bandai Namco account. 

achmedeRoinVezlinIlayainfomatz

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    SBFord said:
    achmede said:

It's in the full article. It seems you didn't bother reading past the first post in the thread, but I'm in a good mood, so I'll quote it here for you:

Sign ups for alpha testing are being accepted, though it appears that only Japanese players will be accepted with a Bandai Namco account. 

Truth be told Suzie, Iv been coming here for 7 years and I'm lucky to make it past the first 2 or 3 sentences. The truth is like every other human on the planet id simply rather hear myself speak, err type.
    SBFordShadowStyleBelveone[Deleted User]Life2vGdemamiVezlinswagholeinfomatz
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Albatroes said:
    PSO2 vibes
    Hopefully not, the shoebox play areas are complete crap in PSO2
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Looks really good.
    Dragnelus[Deleted User]
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    It looks/feels almost like a .hack reboot or at least huge inspirations from it. Looks good to me.
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It's attractive. Can't say much beyond that yet.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I love anime and I really love this style. Hope it will make its way to the west!

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    I love the music!
    Ilaya
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Hoping this comes out soon. I didn't check but is there a tentative release date?
    [Deleted User]Ilaya
    Chamber of Chains
  • ShinyFlygonShinyFlygon Member UncommonPosts: 333
    It's beautiful, but I don't have high hopes for the implementation. Please prove me wrong, Bandai Namco!
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Wow!
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Wake me when it's localized poorly in NA in 5 years beyond the point of its relevance with tons of P2W crap in its cash shop.

Maybe I'm jaded, but I'm not holding my breath this is any different from all the Asian MMOs that take forever to come to English speaking regions.
    Life2vinfomatz
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    When your particle/VFX person(s) get paid more than the CEO (tone it down some). :D

If Phantasy Star Online was done like this, and they rebooted the story for after Phantasy Star IV, I'd be less grumpy.

As someone said earlier, if it's Open World... I'm interested. If instance themepark, then meh.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Did you notice it has day and night cycles. Something rare in modern mmo's.
    [Deleted User]