Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games you wish were on GOG?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Are there any games you wish were on GOG?  My three picks would be:

Autoduel

BattleTech:  The Crescent Hawk's Inception

Pool of Radiance

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Pool of Radiance
    And your wish shall be granted! :smiley:  The entire series is on GOG, Azure Bonds, Silver Blades, etc.
    They don't show up on search and on the game list because of you can't buy them one by one, just together in a pack. Don't worry, it's cheap.

(and the other two archive packs are nice as well)
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Po_gg said:
    Pool of Radiance
    And your wish shall be granted! :smiley:  The entire series is on GOG, Azure Bonds, Silver Blades, etc.
    They don't show up on search and on the game list because of you can't buy them one by one, just together in a pack. Don't worry, it's cheap.

(and the other two archive packs are nice as well)
    Awesome, thanks!  Yeah, I didn't find it in the search so I thought it wasn't available.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    GoG is my digital video game store of preference. I actually download the games and need no "other software" running to play them.

What I'd like to see (and this is a pipedream, I'm sure), are the older American football games that we could play on PC. The NFL and NCAA (collegiate) football games had some diamonds in the rough. I am thinking the licensing on those are a nightmare, though.

Otherwise, they seem to do a good job of getting games in their store :)
    Hariken

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• RosenborgRosenborg Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Heretic 2
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited May 2019
    Awesome, thanks!  Yeah, I didn't find it in the search so I thought it wasn't available.
    I'm glad I could help :smile:  Only knew about it myself because I've bought the collection packs when it was announced...

Maybe that could be my answer to the question of "you wish were on GOG": a more detailed search. Personally I don't miss games, those I played a lot back then are already on GOG (adventures, rpg). But there are several games in packs or bundled with others, which don't show up on the search or the game list.

A second wish could be the re-entry of old games for purchase. It's maybe just my own pet peeve but I don't really like the EEs so I was vocal against removing Baldur's Gate for example, when Baldur's Gate EE was added to the store. (Not for myself, I have all of those...)
    Sure they've bundled the old downloads into it, not that it changes the fact you have to pay now a lot more if you are only interested in the original.

edit: ok, looks like they're watching this :smiley: while the second archive with Pool of Radiance etc. are still not present (it has the most games, maybe it takes more work), the first and the third are popping up in the searches now if you seek Eye of the Beholder or Menzoberranzan for example.

Not to mention there's a 65% discount on the two KoTORs, for May the 4th. (and the other SW games too, on random discounts)
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Po_gg said:

Not to mention there's a 65% discount on the two KoTORs, for May the 4th. (and the other SW games too, on random discounts)
    Holy cow! Knights of the Republic 1 & 2 for $3.50 each?!? Too bad I already have them :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Mostly I wished

(a) One could still buy games on CD/DVD/Blueray. I like having a physical copy of my games.
    (b) Newer computers still would have a Blueray drive. My notebook for example doesnt even have one.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    A store is a store.  I don't really care about the cost to developers, I worry about cost to me, and how cluttered my desktop is getting.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Freelancer
    Hariken
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    edited July 2019
    Freelancer
    OMG I was going to post this. If they could get Microsoft to sign off on this. I can imagine how many new sign-ups GOG would get for this. We should send GOG a request.