Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Classic CBT to End July 12th, One More Stress Test Planned - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageWorld of Warcraft Classic CBT to End July 12th, One More Stress Test Planned - MMORPG.com

The World of Warcraft Classic site has been updated with the news that closed beta testing will be ending on July 12th. The team has plans to take on verified bugs out of the 17,000 reports made over the last seven weeks of testing. This will, according to the post, make "Classic a better experience for everyone when it launches on August 27th". There will be a small event held on the final day of CBT.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• viney123viney123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    First comment? All I can say is.. Onward to launch! Also, please don't mess this up, Blizzard. ;)
    Whiskeydust
  • WhySoSeriousWhySoSerious Member UncommonPosts: 156
    my Night Elf Hunter is waiting to be reborn 
  • Wizzurah84Wizzurah84 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    How can do a stress test when only player can try who has paid. What a sht thats not a stress test thats a moneygrab
    Tykam123mmoloumussoliniMrMelGibsonjimmywolfjgDuffayXingbairong
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

How can do a stress test when only player can try who has paid. What a sht thats not a stress test thats a moneygrab

WoW has been a subscription based game since its launch in 2004.
    SBFordTykam123CelciusTuor7mussolinijimmywolfXingbairong
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Can't wait. I'm so glad I signed the petition...
    digitalellisFolmen
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Missed out on the vanilla/classic/launch version of WoW and spent years hearing about it during the 3 expansions I played. While I know this won't be exactly like that, I look forward to experiencing as close as can be.
    [Deleted User]wanderica
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    10 years ago i'd be all over this..  but it's just a too late for me now.
    i know i'm shallow but vanilla WoW is ugly as shit(even current WoW looks pretty bad).

RexKushman[Deleted User][Deleted User]DrDreammussolinidragonlee66WhiskeydustAalamrPuReDusTTacticalZombehand 3 others.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    i know i'm shallow but vanilla WoW is ugly as shit(even current WoW looks pretty bad).

This is my biggest concern, I'm an open and proud graphics snob. I've got some friends that will be playing and I want to join them but the videos I've seen of the classic beta are horrendous looking.

This is my biggest concern, I'm an open and proud graphics snob. I've got some friends that will be playing and I want to join them but the videos I've seen of the classic beta are horrendous looking.
    i'm not even that concerned with graphics but everyone's got their limits. also i've come to really enjoy the cosmetics parts of games(looking your best rather than a clown with the best stats).
    WoW can't really deliver on that part even now.
    FacelessSavior

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    As a Closed Beta Tester in 2004 and into release (2 months after joining MMORPG.COM) I am so ready for Classic. Take me back in Time. :)
    WhiskeydustBranko2307

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Robokapp said:

you didnt get any prettier in past 10 years either - let's be real.
    sorry if it hit close to home but i'm quite content with my current looks ;)
    Whiskeydust

Deyirn said:

I think Vanilla looks more beautiful than many games released in the past 5 years. New graphics are shinier, but uglier ultimately.
    great! then you'll most likely enjoy it. 

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    DMKano said:
    IMO Unofficial WoW servers had a better vanilla experience than WoW's classic servers ever will.

Just my opinion

and they are free. i still dont understand why people cant wait to pay for something they can play for free right now.
    WhiskeydustAalamr
  • BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125
    edited July 2019

DMKano said:

IMO Unofficial WoW servers had a better vanilla experience than WoW's classic servers ever will.

Just my opinion

DrunkWolf said:

DMKano said:

Just my opinion

and they are free. i still dont understand why people cant wait to pay for something they can play for free right now.

What .. the fuck ?! Did I miss the /sarcasm off ..thing?
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200

Utinni said:

WoW has been a subscription based game since its launch in 2004.

Wow yes its vanilla they try to sell as new and want to make a stress test who has subscription only. Thats lame. In the beginning that was good but years after years just being easy for the next braindead mmo generation. Today there is nothing wow feeling left in that game. So do the stress test with much less people then server crashes at the headstart. smart.
  • Rich84Rich84 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    I'm surprised that 40-60 will not be tested as 1-40 has been. I know they will do internal testing but that bound to lead to bugs on release imo
    Whiskeydust
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    DMKano said:

Just my opinion
    The list of differences between pservers and Classic are long. Blizzard used the official mechanics from 1.12. Private servers guessed and guessed wrong on many occasions ... too many to count. I'm guessing you have the perfect answer to layering on launch day too. That mystical solution that every single player will be happy with when thousands of players spawn into a starter zone within seconds. So perfect as to not bother to tell Blizzard out of fear of humiliating them for not seeing it themselves.

Your opinions conveniently leaves out the history of private server drama, administration corruption, instability issues, server closures, progression rates continually conforming to the power players and the simple fact they rip off a companies IP because the company didn't support the product. Now that they do, you still whine about it.

Shocking. OK maybe not coming from one of the posters who frequently derail threads within minutes arguing with the other post-bloating members in dozens of replies completely off topic. Nothing will please you people. You linger here because you are the pariah of individual gaming communities with an inner bitterness leaking through each typed word.
    Gyva02FacelessSavior

You stay sassy!

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Tamanous said:

The list of differences between pservers and Classic are long. Blizzard used the official mechanics from 1.12. Private servers guessed and guessed wrong on many occasions ... too many to count. I'm guessing you have the perfect answer to layering on launch day too. That mystical solution that every single player will be happy with when thousands of players spawn into a starter zone within seconds. So perfect as to not bother to tell Blizzard out of fear of humiliating them for not seeing it themselves.

Don't worry. The people complaining about layering will be begging for it a week in. Funniest part is they are complaining about it in JUST starting zones. I guess they think crossroads with 3500 people will be "fun".
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I really wish they would allow you the option of using the new character models. Would give this a New Game+ experience imo.
    NyteWytchAalamr[Deleted User]
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

Deyirn said:

DrunkWolf said:

DMKano said:

Just my opinion

Because THE OFFICIAL, THE REAL THING will gather everyone at one place. No segregation by servers, no cheaters, bots, no Chinese farmers, no P-server team drama, the team going corrupt and doing gold selling, character selling, banning people who beat them in a duel or in world pvp, no roll backs, no down times, no data loss...

Private servers are OK, but that's the price you have to pay to play on them - there are a lot of issues with drama and corruption going on.

Of course people will want to play the real deal, I want to play the real deal. I've been playing WoW private servers exclusively since 2012, which means 7 years of only playing Vanilla, hopping from one server to the next because of the issues I described... I don't want to do that anymore considering the fact that THE REAL DEAL is happening in a matter of ~50 days.

Do you think there wont be, cheaters, bots, chinese farmers, and gold selling, character selling? i mean really do you believe this? because if there is demand, all of that will be there.
    FacelessSavior[Deleted User]
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Wow is crap. Vanilla wow is crap with vanilla flavor. Its still crap.
    [Deleted User]

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    you know, Vanilla WoW was more entertaining back then than what it is now. You also had the old raids of 5/10/15 and 40 (10/15 man ones were UBRS and Startholme to my recollection.

Also the raid in STV was changed so it would be nice having the original back, plus all the rare drops that were removed as well as titles and stuff and the Legendary items that actually ment something if you got one.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Vutar said:
    I can just imagine how bad the RMT is going to be. You think selling runs is bad on live? Just wait until people see how long it takes to get stuff done on classic. They will be throwing money at the sellers left and right.
    Kind of sad that people pay money not to play games they supposedly like.
    TacticalZombehDrunkWolfRich84

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 292
    am sure their many games you can play for free illegally, so if their a paid version and they want show support by spending money on it, please don't look at them as the fools while you pay nothing for the same experience...

• jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    edited July 2019
    the Beta is not just for subscribers btw, I am in and I am not subscribing .. I haven't downloaded it though xD

Edit : No I'm not, I am just stupid ! never mind ! xD 
    MaxDragonard