Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's Finally Here! Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Officially Launches Today - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageIt's Finally Here! Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Officially Launches Today - MMORPG.com

It's a big day for Final Fantasy XIV players with today's launch of the Shadowbringers expansion! Players will set off for Norvrandt, the First World, marking the first time that "Warriors of Light will journey beyond the world of Hydaelyn". The launch of Shadowbringers brings a wealth of new content, a pair of new jobs and races, a level cap increase, the new Trust System, new Beast Tribes and Primals, new crafting recipes, updates to the Battle System and much more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    edited July 2019
    Amazing xpac thus far. I'm level 78.5 or so (early access started Friday.)

Zones are great, story is great, characters are great, class re-works (at least for the 1 class i've been playing) have been great...

The Trust system is great, awesome way to do a first run of a dungeon and learn the mechanics with no pressure.

Also really enjoy the new Hrothgar race. Looks both badass and adorable in that perfect Final Fantasy way. Love my newly Fantasia'd Lion man! Perfect fit for my PLD.

My ONLY complaint is that the XP curve is a little off: you would think if you do 75-80% of the side quests in a particular area + the main story quests + class (role) quests + dungeon XP for the dungeons/trials you have to do for the MSQ + FATEs when you run into them.....

... you would think that would be enough to keep up with the leveling required for the main story quests, but it's not. I've had to dip into the duty roulette for the massive boost in XP.

Which is OK, I guess, it just takes away from the flow - I don't want to have to go back and do the main story roulette and do the Castrum Meridianum for another 30 minutes of un-skippable cutscenes...

Fates aren't frequent enough to really grind, and I haven't seen any way to unlock Leves yet.

Beyond that, 9.9/10.
    Viper482Octagon7711
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited July 2019
    It's good so far. But then again, I thought Stormblood was good at this point too. But Stormblood lost me at level 70 endgame. So I will have to wait and see what Shadowbringers brings to hold my attention.

I'll say this though. Chackrams are fun.
    Ridelynn
  • kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Take that WOW!
    [Deleted User]Phry
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    BadSpock said:

Zones are great, story is great, characters are great, class re-works (at least for the 1 class i've been playing) have been great...

The Trust system is great, awesome way to do a first run of a dungeon and learn the mechanics with no pressure.

Also really enjoy the new Hrothgar race. Looks both badass and adorable in that perfect Final Fantasy way. Love my newly Fantasia'd Lion man! Perfect fit for my PLD.

My ONLY complaint is that the XP curve is a little off: you would think if you do 75-80% of the side quests in a particular area + the main story quests + class (role) quests + dungeon XP for the dungeons/trials you have to do for the MSQ + FATEs when you run into them.....

... you would think that would be enough to keep up with the leveling required for the main story quests, but it's not. I've had to dip into the duty roulette for the massive boost in XP.

Which is OK, I guess, it just takes away from the flow - I don't want to have to go back and do the main story roulette and do the Castrum Meridianum for another 30 minutes of un-skippable cutscenes...

Fates aren't frequent enough to really grind, and I haven't seen any way to unlock Leves yet.

Beyond that, 9.9/10.
    Im gonna grind a fate for this:

[Deleted User]wingoodValdheim

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2019
    I heard the new races customization options were amazing..... Also dont false advertise the Trust system please. Its only for main story quest related dungeons in SHADOWBRINGERS. For some reason, people dont know how to properly read or something and get excited thinking they expanded the trust system to all other main story quest related dungeons. As for the Neir Raid, that wont be until 5.1 (potentially October).
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Dragnelus said:
    BadSpock said:

Beyond that, 9.9/10.
    Im gonna grind a fate for this:

Blue frog is not as good as blue turtle :) 
    *cough* bias *cough*  These forums sure are dusty.

Have to say enjoying the expansion. I haven't touched any of the new MSQ. Mainly been learning the ropes of Dancer and Gunbreaker. Thought I'd be playing Dancer more, but really enjoying Gunbreaker a lot. I see more people out doing randoms fates. Brings back memories, good ones. (Don't judge me, I liked Fate Grinding)
    [Deleted User]

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2019
    Arterius said:
    Albatroes said:
    I heard the new races customization options were amazing..... Also dont false advertise the Trust system please. Its only for main story quest related dungeons in SHADOWBRINGERS. For some reason, people dont know how to properly read or something and get excited thinking they expanded the trust system to all other main story quest related dungeons. As for the Neir Raid, that wont be until 5.1 (potentially October).
    Hhrotgar are great. I switched to one of them and love the way they look. The Veirra to me are terrible. They are very limited in creation options and they more or less look like elven race with bunny ears IMO
    I'll admit that the voice #7 when it originally was out was pretty funny:

I assume it got 'fixed' today. It seriously sucks that people were buying fantasia's just to change their voice, when it was supposedly a 'bug' according to Yoshida. Hopefully they can get a refund or something, but its SE so I doubt it.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,007
    Since I'm capped with my weekley goetia quota might as well finish leveling my Dancer since my Summoner / Scholar and Red Mage is leveled up and I'm saving Black Mage for later which may become my main.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    I never got into FFXIV...but I hope it brings many shadows.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    One of those games I just can't get into.  I think it's because it feels to me like it's on rails.  You can't get to the next part until you have completed the last part to satisfaction or bought a potion from the cashshop that allows you to skip content.  But those of you who are having a good time please continue to enjoy. :smile:
    [Deleted User]Viper482

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    One of those games I just can't get into.  I think it's because it feels to me like it's on rails.  You can't get to the next part until you have completed the last part to satisfaction or bought a potion from the cashshop that allows you to skip content.  But those of you who are having a good time please continue to enjoy. :smile:
    FFXIV is an RPG not just an MMO, sure you can bypass a certain amount of it if you want, but its one of those games that if you do that, you miss out on what the game really is. It really comes down to how important or not the storyline throughout the game is to you, that and the social aspects which is also an important part of the game :)
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    I've started bumping into people theoretically at level 70 jobs, that are clueless about it. It's especially telling when they use those characters to play the earlier dungeons, which deprives them from part of their skill set.

Early pains I suppose. 

Personally I don't see the point paying to skip the part of the game that makes it unique and interesting. The same issue was in SW:TOR as well. I had multiple level boosts, but since they skipped the whole story line, I never used a single one. Eventually SW:TOR introduced level boosts that did not skip the story line. Never used one of those either. Getting slowly introduced into a job is important, considering how many jobs there are and how easy it is to swap between them.
    GeezerGamerRidelynn
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited July 2019
    Xasapis said:
    I've started bumping into people theoretically at level 70 jobs, that are clueless about it. It's especially telling when they use those characters to play the earlier dungeons, which deprives them from part of their skill set.

Early pains I suppose. 

Personally I don't see the point paying to skip the part of the game that makes it unique and interesting. The same issue was in SW:TOR as well. I had multiple level boosts, but since they skipped the whole story line, I never used a single one. Eventually SW:TOR introduced level boosts that did not skip the story line. Never used one of those either. Getting slowly introduced into a job is important, considering how many jobs there are and how easy it is to swap between them.
    I found the same to be true in GW2. I still have my boosts. My logic is.......If I have to work on map completion anyway, WTF do I need a boost for?
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Robokapp said:
    kryntok said:
    Take that WOW!
    WoW;s patch came out Tuesday.

Really? Didn't hear. Good for them, they're still trying that BFA thing. You go Blizzard, you can do it! I tried that with a straight face....didn't work.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Xasapis said:

Early pains I suppose. 

Different strokes....
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!