Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eternal Magic MMORPG Announced & Headed for Closed Beta on July 17th - MMORPG.com News

2»

Comments

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    SURPRISE! You bought the wrong pack! Try again?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     How many will step in this Months

Image result for cowpie images

• SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    sschrupp said:
    Wow, in the list of social features there's "Queen's rating".

Queen's rating:
    There's much to conquer in Eternal Magic, including the hearts of the players. Each and every lady can upload a photo and compete for the title of the server's celebrity. The statue of the most influential diva will adorn the center of the capital city.

What the...
    Is it really real life photos of women? or in-game female characters?.
    If it's the former, then is just creepy, if it's the latter then, yeah i see they're trying to appeal to people's vanity and social status to trick them into spending more in cosmetics and the like.

When was this game was made?, the graphics looks similar to PWI, a game launched in 2005 (in china).
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Sabrac said:
    sschrupp said:

Queen's rating:
    There's much to conquer in Eternal Magic, including the hearts of the players. Each and every lady can upload a photo and compete for the title of the server's celebrity. The statue of the most influential diva will adorn the center of the capital city.

What the...
    If it's the former, then is just creepy, if it's the latter then, yeah i see they're trying to appeal to people's vanity and social status to trick them into spending more in cosmetics and the like.

When was this game was made?, the graphics looks similar to PWI, a game launched in 2005 (in china).
    That's honestly what I started thinking, that this game is just a re-named failure of the past. That seems to be the popular trend these days, relaunching failed games as b2p.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

chinese game huh? if you belive korean games are p2w, wait till you see a chinese game

The Chinese market is nuts when it comes to P2W in their games. Rotating new servers with leaderboards on each server makes the whales hop servers every new opening, some games open new servers every week, and the games have such P2W that they will spend thousands a week just to try to be #1 on each server. I think the last time I booted up an MMO with servers based in China it had something like 350 servers on the list.

Now, I'm not sure if any Chinese games have done that in the global launches though (excluding R2 games because the owner of that company bragged about how P2W the games were), so while this looks dated, it might still be released without insane P2W.
    Not all games from the same country are identical.  Certainly, there have been quite a few games that did what you described.  And I'd view a game that is constantly opening new servers while merging old ones as a very strong warning sign that the game is garbage.  But that's not a reason to reject all other games that happen to be made in the same country.
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    edited July 2019
    achmede said:
    These are they guys behind league of angels.

A pure pay2win browser " mmorpg "

STAY AWAY, unless you have 100s of $ to waste every month.
    A friend is playing League of Angles and she is spending 1-2k $ per month on this game. Just to stay somewhat competitive, near top 1k on leaderboards.
    Your friend should question her sanity, and what it really means to be in top 1000 of a pay to win game.  Basically nothing if you paid to get there.
  • AenghasAenghas Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Sabrac said:
    sschrupp said:

Queen's rating:

What the...

I'm guessing they meant screenshot rather than photo, so game avatar. Would be much easier for them to copy, texture and maybe resize a character model to make a statue than spend time creating a new model from a photograph. Or maybe I'm wrong and they are creepy and are hoping some girls get a little too thirsty with their cosplay.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

Playing this game instead of WOW is like when you were a kid and you wanted McDonald's so your mom cooked you a homemade burger instead ......With wonder bread as the bun

Sounds so 80's
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ElonMuskElonMusk Member UncommonPosts: 129
    I was about to check it out, then I saw the asian styled anime character in the thumbnail. NOPE!
    Tokken
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Just another developer who doesn't GET IT.I am sure there is an audience for this but not me,pvp in a rpg is lol NO,dynamic combat,not even sure what they are referring to.

DAILIES !!!...DUNGEONS!!! umm no.
    The class design does sound interesting but also similar to what Smedley was pitching with EQNext.
    Too many goofy pvp ideas,so that will remove players form the game world,dungeons will remove players from the world>>>EMPTY world.

Housing !! hmm ok a must and a good idea.
    PETS ,ok maybe if they are done well,could be good.

cash shop?There most certainly is a cash shop and i assume ALL of the ideas are tied in a way to the cash shop.
    Don't like the Wow look,too cartoony.

It could be playable,but there seems to be a lot of areas of concern,guess if it is f2p /cash shop,you'll get a free chance to try it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

Tokken said:

Is it on rails? open world?

Assume it's like a 800lb fat guy skidding down a stair rail greased with Crisco on his butt crack kinda on rails.
    Tokken[Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• idontlikemynameidontlikemyname Member UncommonPosts: 40
    he he he im not even getting the free founders pack :p
    Tokken
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Holy generic Mmorpg Batman.
    Tokken
  • ShammFrammShammFramm Newbie CommonPosts: 19
    edited July 2019
    Quizzical said:

chinese game huh? if you belive korean games are p2w, wait till you see a chinese game

The Chinese market is nuts when it comes to P2W in their games. Rotating new servers with leaderboards on each server makes the whales hop servers every new opening, some games open new servers every week, and the games have such P2W that they will spend thousands a week just to try to be #1 on each server. I think the last time I booted up an MMO with servers based in China it had something like 350 servers on the list.

Now, I'm not sure if any Chinese games have done that in the global launches though (excluding R2 games because the owner of that company bragged about how P2W the games were), so while this looks dated, it might still be released without insane P2W.
    Not all games from the same country are identical.  Certainly, there have been quite a few games that did what you described.  And I'd view a game that is constantly opening new servers while merging old ones as a very strong warning sign that the game is garbage.  But that's not a reason to reject all other games that happen to be made in the same country.
    No one is calling this game "a giant piece of flaming crap" because its from China. Rather, they are calling it a "giant piece of flaming crap" because that's exactly what it is. Being from China is like just the scent/odor from afar that compels you to figure out what it is you are smelling in the kitchen. You move in closer to inspect...who knows...maybe its really a delicacy... NOPE.
  • MorbeousMorbeous Member UncommonPosts: 86

Just checked them out and they are a Russian company based in Moscow
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Morbeous said:

Just checked them out and they are a Russian company based in Moscow
    @Morbeous -- the publisher is Russian. The developer is Chinese.

From the site itself: https://playeternalmagic.com/

Eternal Magic is a massively multiplayer online RPG by Chinese game developer Duoyi. 101XP is an exclusive distributor and publisher of the game on the territory of Russia, CIS, Northern and Latin America, Australia and New Zealand. Play Eternal Magic for free after the game release.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    bcbully said:

then we look at reveltaion and age of wushu, p2w mechs are already in the core game, saying it won't realease p2w mechs, its like almost saying paying protection money is not that bad

Pardon me, Age of Wushu should never be mentioned with the likes of revolution and this.

Unless we are speaking p2w. Wait.. still tho... never!

and why not? its a pay 2 win in a very hard way as some skill sets are sold in the cash shop and are only possible to get from it, SKILL SETs, and some was considered must have, plus funny I stop playing it when the P2w become too anoying and my guild died (losing about 3 territorys) after more then 2 years late I go check the site to see if it had any update.... nothing, the site was the same way it was before I quit, don't even see why defend it really
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Limnic said:
    From the game's main site;

"Queens' rating
    There's much to conquer in Eternal Magic, including the hearts of the players. Each and every lady can upload a photo and compete for the title of the server's celebrity. The statue of the most influential diva will adorn the center of the capital city."

Ok wut? Are they chasing the Instagram/Twitter crowd?
    And who says there's no innovation in MMOs?

I'm so excited by this feature I'll upload my most recent photo right now:

Limnic
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Doesn't look interesting at all to me.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• ShammFrammShammFramm Newbie CommonPosts: 19
    bcbully said:

then we look at reveltaion and age of wushu, p2w mechs are already in the core game, saying it won't realease p2w mechs, its like almost saying paying protection money is not that bad

Pardon me, Age of Wushu should never be mentioned with the likes of revolution and this.

Unless we are speaking p2w. Wait.. still tho... never!

and why not? its a pay 2 win in a very hard way as some skill sets are sold in the cash shop and are only possible to get from it, SKILL SETs, and some was considered must have, plus funny I stop playing it when the P2w become too anoying and my guild died (losing about 3 territorys) after more then 2 years late I go check the site to see if it had any update.... nothing, the site was the same way it was before I quit, don't even see why defend it really
    As one of the first players to unlock T3 Inner back when the game first released, I have to say that although AoW was super pay to win in the fact that you HAD to invest money into buying currency to keep ahead of the training curve, you didn't need to be p2w in order to help your clan accomplish big things. 

Every top clan had their whales, but its not the whales that allowed clans to dominate, but rather careful politics, strategic treaties and carefully coordinated gameplay. Territories were won/lost on the backs of merc clans that could unexpectedly show up to camp spawns and prevent attacks from showing up at the seige times. 

For all its problems, AoW, at least prior to the crazy expansions, was an INCREDIBLY innovative game that was amazingly fun to play. 

AoW is one of the reasons I dont discount Chinese games immediately just b/c they are Chinese. Ironically, AOW is also one of the reasons why I am very suspect of any Chinese game and always have to give it a good sniff to make sure I'm not biting into a chocolate covered piece of dogshit.