Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda Details What's Next for Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageBethesda Details What's Next for Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter - MMORPG.com

It appears that the Fallout 76 battle royale mode, Nuclear Winter, is a big hit. So much so, in fact, that there are a lot of new features and improvements coming over the course of the next few patches. The latest Bethesda blog post begins with a look at the Nuclear Winter mission statement: "Create a PvP game mode for Fallout 76 that allows players to jump in and have a fun experience in 20 minutes or less."

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    so that's the new normal eh? when a game fails to meet corporate expectations shove battle royale into it at least we know from now on when a game sucks this is a key indicator.
    Rain_DeathravenPalebaneRaquisAlomarSolancerTacticalZombeh
  • Rain_DeathravenRain_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Lol i just realised this is true
  • jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    It is a big hit to the detriment of the rest of the game. New bugs, server instability and Bethesda seems to be focusing nearly all of their energy on the new BR mode.

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Datastar said:
    so that's the new normal eh? when a game fails to meet corporate expectations shove battle royale into it at least we know from now on when a game sucks this is a key indicator.
    I don't think it is just battle Royale,it is more of a simple model by most mmos,simply add in some form of pvp because it is super easy to do,takes no effort,no cost.

To prove how little effort or managing the pvp ideas have been,just look at how often cheating occurs,like ALL the time,they want to add SIMPLE ideas like pvp but put in no effort to make sure it works.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Bethesda Details What's Next for Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter

More bugs and microtransactions ?
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    theres a song on youtube called It just works its great its all about bethesda..... but really whats next for fallout 76 hopefully its Audi 5000 (this is kinda funny and appropriate because it means its outtie and the audi 5000 accelerated when u hit the brake - buggy)
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    I was literally on the point of buying this crap game and then I saw videos exposing this garbage ill wait till Fallout 76 is good then I'll buy it maybe. Bethesda is a joke and even worse was their paid supporters at E3 what a bunch of snakes!
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276

Elidien said:

Its is actually quite fun. I had not delved into until this weekend and I was surprised. There is something different about it from all other BR's I have played. Not perfect but still a lot of fun. I can tell you when someone launches a nuke and you are in the blast zone and have a few seconds to get out - it will get the blood pumping.

The whole game is a lot better than it use to be. Performance is a lot better for me, and I am enjoying it right now.

My biggest issues are still base design issues. I would love to have a true social structure...chat, guilds, etc... but they decided to go the "temporary" teams path where people pop in and out of groups. I am focusing more on a lone wolf mentality and it makes the game fun though.

I look forward to Wastelanders and the change it will bring. I think Bethesda wanted players to be the world but found it needs some structure and content. And that they launched a year too early too.

hmmmmmm.... shill......
    anyways fallouts shooting isnt the best this goes doubly for a battleroyale where its kinda important..... this is just a cash grab and trying to get the attention of players! if u watched the e3 bethesda showcase u would see it was full of paid people going YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! bethesda have nothing now its why they moving to the unreal engine 4 as the creation engine sucks balls!
    [Deleted User]Sovrath
  • SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Well its not 76 I'm worry about its their future games!!!! As it stand it looks live service is a thing for Bethesda and I guess I have to stop buying into their crap IF their future games have anything like live services/loot box/MTX/anything that cost additional money will be avoided like the fatal disease from now on, well at least for me. Simple rule really, make a good game and I give you money in exchange for good? NO BS NO crap the end for Bethesda, the last ball is in their greedy little hand, probably evil hands is 16x more accurate.