Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inside Star Citizen: Destination - Alpha 3.6 - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageInside Star Citizen: Destination - Alpha 3.6 - MMORPG.com

The latest edition of Inside Star Citizen has arrived, this time calling itself the "season finale". The team takes "a look at the three-headed chimera of AI systems (social, ships, and combat) and find out what Alpha 3.6 features the devs are most excited about".

Read the full story here

Comments

• GrindcoreTHRALLGrindcoreTHRALL Member UncommonPosts: 303
    Looking amazing!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Looking amazing!

I agree, but where is the gameplay?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Scot said:

Looking amazing!

Staring at the $800 ship you bought in the cash shop isn't gameplay?
    Scot[Deleted User]gastovski1rpmcmurphyRemoWilliamsNorseGod
  • GaeluianGaeluian Member UncommonPosts: 114
    The game is still in Alpha and the graphics are beginning to look dated.
    NorseGod
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487
    edited June 2019

Looking amazing!

Scot said:

Looking amazing!

Very accurate.

Star Citizen is ART, not a game. That means you only look at it. Nothing to play.
    Post edited by Pher0cious on
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    edited June 2019

Scot said:

Looking amazing!

Gameplay will require another kickstarter. The current money is all for pixels.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418
    This whole game is turning into vaporware. You can play the software demo that they will more than likely sell if they haven't already....they duped us....

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    edited June 2019
    SC had one thing going for it and that was graphics. Is it already becoming dated? Looks like it. Imagine what it will be like in another 2 years. They will have to delay the game again to upgrade the graphics which will push back everything else.

This game is never releasing.
  • Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395
    The game is looking dated? Are you all not watching the same videos as the rest of us?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/btt4f9/the_amount_of_detail_in_the_faces_still_blows_my/

Anyway, i'm playing the alpha and, honestly, its the best looking game on the market, bar none. Everything, from the seamless transitions from space to orbit and to a landing pad and then to a train are amazing.

So graphically speaking, there is no argument the game looks fantastic. Now, feature creep and when's the game gonna get released is another point entirely.

The content there is in alpha, as of now, is not bad actually, you can bounty hunt, mine, scavenge, trade, talk with npc's and get missions from them, be just a random Joe on another person's ship and do a mission with them (which is amazing btw). Still a lot ways to go, but the promise is there and the future looks bright. Looks.
    rpmcmurphyErillionNorseGod

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    This game amazes me. What other game can have 'season finales' yearly conventions, regular ship reworks, an ongoing cashshop, studios all over the world, and still say they are in alpha?  I hear soon you will be able to not lose your progress after major updates. Wow, just wow.  Not hating, all the best to those who believe in the dream but this is something else.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Aegrin56Aegrin56 Member UncommonPosts: 14
    There is no other game. SC is a massive project in ongoing development and there is nothing else like it. People keep using other metrics for it or trying to compare it something that simply hasnt been made yet. You all need to stop the bullshit and actually look at what they have and ARE building.
    [Deleted User]rpmcmurphy
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Taychon56 said:
    There is no other game. SC is a massive project in ongoing development and there is nothing else like it. People keep using other metrics for it or trying to compare it something that simply hasnt been made yet. You all need to stop the bullshit and actually look at what they have and ARE building.
    As a backer and player of SC I would gently like to remind you that SC itself hasn’t been made yet. So indeed, there is no comparison or proper metric to be used. When it releases we can compare, positive or negative, both are foolish right now.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    JoeBlober
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

Gaeluian said:

The game is still in Alpha and the graphics are beginning to look dated.

LOL.... 4K with no games closed to that at this level of scope... Naysayers are always amazing when trying desperately to be negative :)
    Erillion

Looking amazing!

Scot said:

Looking amazing!

Very accurate.

Star Citizen is ART, not a game. That means you only look at it. Nothing to play.

Pretty accurate. There are gameplay, many of them but it is true that there are more coming during the next patch... Probably because this is not released and under development? :)

SQ42 Beta in 4 quarters. This is coming. Those looking for unfinished, copy/paste game can by many triple-A around, released on a precise date as planned: Fallout 76 and Anthem for instance :)
    rpmcmurphy
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Taychon56 said:
    People are looking at what they have and what they see is a project which has taken 7 years and consumed well over $250 million so far and only delivered a tiny amount of locations and gameplay. They have every right to laugh at this awful game/company.

JoeBlober said:

Pretty accurate. There are gameplay, many of them but it is true that there are more coming during the next patch... Probably because this is not released and under development? :)

SQ42 Beta in 4 quarters. This is coming. Those looking for unfinished, copy/paste game can by many triple-A around, released on a precise date as planned: Fallout 76 and Anthem for instance :)

Coming in the next patch? Uh huh, never heard that before :)

It's funny that you talk about copy/paste unironically when Squadron 42 is just a continuation of Chris Roberts previous copy/pasted games.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    edited June 2019
    JoeBlober said:

SlyLoK said:

SC had one thing going for it and that was graphics. Is it already becoming dated? Looks like it. Imagine what it will be like in another 2 years. They will have to delay the game again to upgrade the graphics which will push back everything else.

This game is never releasing.

Troll detected. An an pretty low level one: You forgot to mention: 90 days top! :)
    I am basing it on what I saw in this article. It is starting to look dated. And I stand by what I said they will have to rework it all because it will be dated in a couple years compared to other things out at that time ( in 2 years time they will be no closer to an actual release either ). Which will continue to push everything else back.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Looks dated.
    Erillion
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

Taychon56 said:

People are looking at what they have and what they see is a project which has taken 7 years and consumed well over $250 million so far and only delivered a tiny amount of locations and gameplay. They have every right to laugh at this awful game/company.

The game is 8 and half years in development... soon we will reach 10 years development. yay.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

JoeBlober said:

Coming in the next patch? Uh huh, never heard that before :)

It's funny that you talk about copy/paste unironically when Squadron 42 is just a continuation of Chris Roberts previous copy/pasted games.

Ant this is totally fine because they were memorable games and SQ42 is Wing Commander on steroid. More of everything... including an MMO using SQ42 assets.

At least CIG do bring innovation while publishers want to deliver loot boxes with skins. Fallout 76 was a slap in gamer face from a company who did have cash to bring a finished product... they did not not because they don't care about gamer while backers do create what the game they want with pledges.
    rpmcmurphy
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    The game is looking dated? Are you all not watching the same videos as the rest of us?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/btt4f9/the_amount_of_detail_in_the_faces_still_blows_my/

Anyway, i'm playing the alpha and, honestly, its the best looking game on the market, bar none. Everything, from the seamless transitions from space to orbit and to a landing pad and then to a train are amazing.

So graphically speaking, there is no argument the game looks fantastic. Now, feature creep and when's the game gonna get released is another point entirely.

The content there is in alpha, as of now, is not bad actually, you can bounty hunt, mine, scavenge, trade, talk with npc's and get missions from them, be just a random Joe on another person's ship and do a mission with them (which is amazing btw). Still a lot ways to go, but the promise is there and the future looks bright. Looks.
    But none of it is persistent yet right?  If true then everything you mentioned is largely pointless still.

Unless of course, you play these games for "fun", but who does that, seriously?

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    I dont have any kids yet, but i know my grand kids will love this game when it comes out.
    NorseGod
    I had another go with the latest patch and damn it is rough.

I wish I knew what they are doing with space travel, the QT mode is a complete pig's ear, on top of stupidly long travel times you now have forced interdictions as well as a daft overheat mechanic. In Elite the interdiction is a mini-game so you can escape and carry on your business, in SC you are pulled out of QT regardless, you have absolutely no say in the matter. Which seems to be a bit of a pattern, the hover mode is another forced mode when it should be optional, not just because it's so bad but also due to those who like to fly using decoupled mode.

NorseGod
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    DrunkWolf said:
    I dont have any kids yet, but i know my grand kids will love this game when it comes out.
    Star Citizen: Your Grandkids are going to love it.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Kyleran said:
    - snip -

Unless of course, you play these games for "fun", but who does that, seriously?

;)

Guilty as charged.

Have fun