Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Fan Festival Headed to Indianapolis This Summer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageHarry Potter: Wizards Unite Fan Festival Headed to Indianapolis This Summer

Niantic and WB Games have announced the first Harry Potter: Wizards Unite fan festival. The event will take place over the Labor Day weekend in Indianapolis, Indiana. The event will provide attendees with "a variety of interactive experiences bridging the in-game experience in the real world".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    Sounds like a good family event! (and a way to get people active especially in Indiana)!
    SBFord

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Wasn't there a leak of an actual Harry Potter universe game a while ago? Whatever happened with that?
  • ShadowNlnjaShadowNlnja Member CommonPosts: 9
    Since when does something like this not launch originally in the states? There's no download for this region locked pos. Until it gets here lets all pretend it doesn't even exist.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Since when does something like this not launch originally in the states? There's no download for this region locked pos. Until it gets here lets all pretend it doesn't even exist.

WTF you talkin bout? It's been out in the states for over a week. It's boring as hell so all 4 people who go to this will love each other. Avg rating I've seen is sitting somewhere 6/10 with a crap ton of data usage and battery usage to boot. It's ok.. but if it takes place in the post-movie I can't understand why I'm seeing the likes of Tonks and Snape in my game... it doesn't make sense.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Ikeda said:

WTF you talkin bout? It's been out in the states for over a week. It's boring as hell so all 4 people who go to this will love each other. Avg rating I've seen is sitting somewhere 6/10 with a crap ton of data usage and battery usage to boot. It's ok.. but if it takes place in the post-movie I can't understand why I'm seeing the likes of Tonks and Snape in my game... it doesn't make sense.

Download the full assets and the data usage drops to near nothing. I was out for several hours one day and used 10MB of data. If you do not download the assets the game loads everything from the server.

Only issue I have with it is just like Pokemon Go there is nothing spawning in rural areas.

Xarko said:

Wasn't there a leak of an actual Harry Potter universe game a while ago? Whatever happened with that?

Yep. There is an MMO in development. Not much info on it though.
    infomatz
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

The supported devices are so few. Mostly the high-end, brand new devices. So devices a generation or two old are not currently supported. Like for LG there is literally only one device supported.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    If you go make sure you take part in the quest for a Harry Potter PC MMORPG, if you win us one that would be wizard! :)

Ikeda said:

yea idk where you live or what device your using but im using the lg aristo and i live in michigan so..... is there anything im missing here or....?

Siphaed said:

The supported devices are so few. Mostly the high-end, brand new devices. So devices a generation or two old are not currently supported. Like for LG there is literally only one device supported.

go figure i'd have to be using the latest and greatest to play a simple harry poopy pissy potter game. geez. forced consumerism at its finest right there. it is easy enough to just say no ty and wait for the next cool sounding augmented reality game to come along. an augmented MTG game would be frickin sweet tho just sayin
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    I started to play this game as I love the HP universe, but the game lacks meaning and does not fit the AR gameplay. Tried to hard to create a new pokemon go hype and the game has suffered for it xD
    swaghole
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I played this the  other day and the first thing i find is that fat guy in my Bathroom of all places

----------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------

mcd6993Valdheim
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 496

Siphaed said:

go figure i'd have to be using the latest and greatest to play a simple harry poopy pissy potter game. geez. forced consumerism at its finest right there. it is easy enough to just say no ty and wait for the next cool sounding augmented reality game to come along. an augmented MTG game would be frickin sweet tho just sayin

Why the heck do you care what device it is on if you hate the game so much? The internet at its finest ladies and gentlemen. How about waiting until your MTG game comes out then complain about the supported devices.
  • kosaboykosaboy Member UncommonPosts: 50
    i play this game on an iphone 6....you dont need the newest anything.
    edited July 2019

kosaboy said:

im on a lg aristo and i got nothin on the playstore about it. so idk i think what siphaed was saying is true. on a side note my wife whos using the lg aristo 2 has it and is downloading it now.so we can check it out a bit.
  • kosaboykosaboy Member UncommonPosts: 50

kosaboy said:

im on a lg aristo and i got nothin on the playstore about it. so idk i think what siphaed was saying is true
    thats a pretty old phone, time to upgrade
    ShadowNlnja
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168
    kosaboy said:

kosaboy said:

im on a lg aristo and i got nothin on the playstore about it. so idk i think what siphaed was saying is true
    Says the guy with an iphone 6.
    ShadowNlnja
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

kosaboy said:

kosaboy said:

omg bro... i just bought this last year... maybe it is time to upgrade.... however im not rushing right out to get it anytime soon. I'll just check it out on my wives phone for now and if its super good i suppose ill upgrade sooner rather than later. sucks
  • PsyckedPsycked Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Please stay out of my city lol

I am the Cannon Fodder God

• AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    J. K. Rowling is really trying to milk the franchise, there's this, and that new ride at Orlando. She's a one-trick pony.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    J. K. Rowling is really trying to milk the franchise, there's this, and that new ride at Orlando. She's a one-trick pony.
    Maybe, but it was a hell of a trick.
    Maybe, but it was a hell of a trick.
    She has done some other work, which was well received but not as great as HP. She does work under the series shadow. GRR Martin had already done a lot of work before aSoIaF came out, she had done nothing I think. Not sure how much she was involved in the writing of the subsequent films, I did not think they were up to the HP series at all.
    edited July 2019
    Torval said:
    Scot said:
    If you go make sure you take part in the quest for a Harry Potter PC MMORPG, if you win us one that would be wizard! :)
    I'm pretty sure that's a Horcrux. :p
    If we can only get a Harry Potter PC MMORPG by allowing the Dark Lord to return, then so be it. :)