Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation - Dev Diaries - Animation - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageAshes of Creation - Dev Diaries - Animation - MMORPG.com

The latest in a series of developer video diaries for Ashes of Creation has been released, this time on the subject of animations. Senior Animation Artist Brad Constantine takes viewers through the process from receiving a character from the art team and bringing it to life in the game. Lead Designer Jeffrey Bard also chips in on the "synergy between design and animation" to create an immersive environment for players.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    I imagine these are completely new animations since the ones the game has had so far were 100% lifted from Epic Games' Paragon.
    Folmen
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Nice. Looks great. You can really tell that team is doing a good job looking at the models and animation he is presenting.

Made me really think about how utter garbage the low poly crap we saw recently from Chronicles of Elyria is 3 years in. I wonder why these guys don't have a crappy low poly client? Actual artists and animators maybe?

FolmenGdemami

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• sopukusopuku Member UncommonPosts: 55
    this game is dead....
    gunklackermmolouBlueThunderBearAlomarFolmensakinolGaladourngastovski1PuReDusTSwamiOnTheMountain
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I'd bet money these will be implemented in a new BR iteration that ends up becoming the game.
    BlueThunderBearAlomarFolmenkillmaxskiGaladourn
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462

sopuku said:

this game is dead....

How so?
    Folmen
  • ElonMuskElonMusk Member UncommonPosts: 129
    dead project, heh.
    Folmenkillmaxski
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Looks alive to me and a long way from launching.
    Folmenkillmaxski[Deleted User]
  • PKrauserPKrauser Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Isn't that the same combat from aoc apocalyse?
    Because aoc apocalypse combat looks clunky/unpolished af and the skills were so awful.
    Folmenkillmaxskibcbully

sopuku said:

this game is dead....

How so?

they just post some stupid videos gow they build models and so on.. there was brcmode that you could play(and it sucked hard) and now they post cideos about creating models.. they still have nothing.. no decent gameplay no game not even 100% plan what they want to create.. they just walk in the dark with eyes closed snd hope to find light. good luck with that. it takes too long for them to build this game. when they gonna release it, it will be old and forgotten. all this hype is going to end. so the game is fucked..
    mmolouFolmencheebabcbullygastovski1UnbinoSwamiOnTheMountain
  • J_JonesJ_Jones Member UncommonPosts: 27
    it's kinda hard to create animations. especially for creatures that doesn't even exist. what can i say - great job!
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215

sopuku said:

sopuku said:

this game is dead....

How so?

they just post some stupid videos gow they build models and so on.. there was brcmode that you could play(and it sucked hard) and now they post cideos about creating models.. they still have nothing.. no decent gameplay no game not even 100% plan what they want to create.. they just walk in the dark with eyes closed snd hope to find light. good luck with that. it takes too long for them to build this game. when they gonna release it, it will be old and forgotten. all this hype is going to end. so the game is fucked..

Damn sounds like a curling kid who got trophies for participating, theres so much garbage out there, this game is way more promising than anything else. We know u want instant gratification, maybe do charity work will work wonders on the soul.

Unbino
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    edited June 2019
    sopuku said:

sopuku said:

this game is dead....

How so?

It's the same nonsense you wrote on 1 May. And it's the same low level of trolling effort as before. You should step up your game if you want to improve and join the master trolls.

FolmenbcbullyUnbinobotrytis
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    sopuku said:

sopuku said:

this game is dead....

How so?

It's the same nonsense you wrote on 1 May. And it's the same low level of trolling effort as before. You should step up your game if you want to improve and join the master trolls.

Skip a bit, Brother
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Looks very promising, I hope there are weight behind those animations when you fight and sounds that fits, like you can really feel that overhead swing with a hammer hitting that monster, not like a fart in the wind swing.
    FolmenBrotherMaynard

Wizbuiz said:

sopuku said:

sopuku said:

this game is dead....

How so?

Damn sounds like a curling kid who got trophies for participating, theres so much garbage out there, this game is way more promising than anything else. We know u want instant gratification, maybe do charity work will work wonders on the soul.

how many games looked promising and failed hard for he few last years? 10? :D this will be one of them.. i can see the same paterns.. lots of hype good on paper game, creating it for 5 years.. only stupid wideos where u can;t see anything just some "cool" stuff how they build the game but no gameplay nothing... and they just see the game before they have anything collect money and after few years the game is canceled or it is released but it is completely garbage and it will be shut down in a year or two.. same story repeats itself game after game.. jeasus people are u that naive?

sopuku said:

sopuku said:

this game is dead....

How so?

y and i am gonna write the same after a year or two when u will be watching another devs video about how are they making the best game ever :D and one more time when the game will be shut down after like 5 years.
    p.s. do u even have an idea what troll is? maybe u should google it. people who has different opinion than u is not a troll.
    GdemamiUnbino
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    This means absolutely nothing.I would bet they are going to hit a couple buttons on the game engine tools and lower the poly count significantly.Most games i have played,i am actually stunned at how low end the models are,doesn't mean they can't look good,they are just not as good as people think.

I am ok with that,we do need our games to run decently,hiccups,stuttering is never good.However,i would be way more concerned that this game for a very long time does not seem to have any real development to show us.Models are something that skilled people working in that field can whip out rather quickly,this is something that should have LONG been done already and not worthy of any focus,you need a GAME,a finished game,not model animation videos.
    If you want to see some nice animation videos of nice looking models,simply look at the FF7 remake.

This game has purposely been avoiding the actual phase of FINISHING the game,showing us key components of design that would have onlookers saying....hmm this looks like cool combat,or the customization looks real good or the longevity design looks way better than the simple copy paste raid/dungeons loot grinders we see everyday.
    Gaming is a business,you need to SELL your product to the audience,this video is not selling me on the game even 1%.
    bcbully

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited June 2019
    Thing is,when i see a good game,it hits me almost immediately,like instantly i am seeing things that say..."i think i want to play this game".This has not been happening too often,i am really tired of how much trash is flooding the gaming market and seeing how much money VERY cheap looking mobile games or CLASH of type games are making and people supporting those.

For a while i blamed all the gamer's for supporting such crap and forcing devs to develop games in that direction,i think the real truth is that gamer's are just BORED<there has not been many good games so people are just jumping around all over the place,game to game and spending money very foolishly. This developer needs to show us...ME that he is serious about changing the status quo,show me you are trying to make a AAA game and not just trying to sell me any old same old mmorpg.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

sopuku said:

sopuku said:

sopuku said:

this game is dead....

How so?

y and i am gonna write the same after a year or two when u will be watching another devs video about how are they making the best game ever :D and one more time when the game will be shut down after like 5 years.
    p.s. do u even have an idea what troll is? maybe u should google it. people who has different opinion than u is not a troll.
    When you flat out ignore over several posts the easily searchable facts (e.g. when AoC's development actually started), à la any random flat earther out there, and instead repeat the same nonsense with no basis in reality over and over again in order to get a reaction from the forum, then you're a troll. Admittedly, you did manage to get a reaction, albeit a very limited one - as mentioned before, you have a long way ahead of you to perfect your art...

Also, dropping the usual "this game is dead" every two weeks or so might indeed by a matter of opinion, but one that at this point is closer in value to the good old "the world will end in December 2012" prophecies.

bcbully
    edited June 2019
    Maurgrim said:
    Looks very promising, I hope there are weight behind those animations when you fight and sounds that fits, like you can really feel that overhead swing with a hammer hitting that monster, not like a fart in the wind swing.

That's also something I'm a bit worried about. Getting animations right is difficult and in many games you can feel it very strongly when they are even slightly off. I guess it's a bit of an extension of the uncanny valley - it takes a huge effort to get the animations past that zone when they feel just terrible.

• MiasmaWhisperMiasmaWhisper Member CommonPosts: 3
    Loved the latest stream. Some really good things coming out of Intrepid. Looking forward to the rest of this year for Ashes! Cant wait.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325

sopuku said:

sopuku said:

this game is dead....

How so?

I take it you have missed all the other videos and pre alpha gameplay videos.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    The Ashes team has hired almost all former SOE/DBG developers. The quality in the work attests to this...
  • killimandroskillimandros Member UncommonPosts: 64
    @torval I agree absolutely, but its personal preferences. I wonder HOW most developers got stuck in the Venetian carneval style outfits. All peacocs.
  • Shooter564567Shooter564567 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    edited November 2019
    vaporware trash..

They have more development time into their cash shop than the actual game..  Why do they need a cash shop for a game that isn't even finished? I'll tell you why.. because they're only after easy money...

This game is exactly like that scam Star Citizen.. It will be in endless development stealing suckers money..

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/star-citizen/280875/star-citizen-report-money-chris-roberts-scam

suckers.
    Post edited by Shooter564567 on