Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Introduces Another World of Warcraft Cash Shop Mount - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageBlizzard Introduces Another World of Warcraft Cash Shop Mount - MMORPG.com

The World of Warcraft team has introduced another cash shop mount that can be purchased as part of a 6-month subscription plan or individually. The half-year subscription plus the Sylverian Dreamer mount is $77.94, the equivalent of $12.99 per month. The mount can be purchased separately for $25.00. Players who already have a running 6-month subscription will receive the mount for free sometime in early July.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited June 2019
    Can't wait for comments about this. :3

WhiteLantern[Deleted User]ScottJeslisRoinJeffSpicoliklash2defFolmenArskaaa

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Str8HellStr8Hell Member UncommonPosts: 30
    I'm fine with blizz getting money here and there, god knows they need a bigger tournament prize pool.
    foppoteeFolmenDhamon99
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I can smell the popcorn

Octagon7711numanpJeffSpicoliFolmenDhamon99

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2019
    When they did this last year with the flying boat i bought the bundle because i think it was a good deal for 6 months of game time.

I like the flying boat a lot but i have zero interest in buying another bundle like that with a mount. I rather they add a couple of extra months of game time for the price.
    foppoteeFolmen

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Well............at least it's not in a random lootcrate with a .001% chance of dropping per crate.
    KyleranXingbairong[Deleted User]foppoteeThomas2006ScotMargraveFolmenDhamon99
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    This one has an advantage over the one from last year: People can buy the mount separately if they don't want to sub for 6 months. That's a step in the right direction.

Honestly, WoW has so many mounts that buying a cash shop one is NEVER necessary.
    rojoArcueidKyleranXingbairongfoppotee

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Is this them trying to find another way to obtain money since they've been losing subscribers like crazy?
    BlacklabelcalifoppoteeThomas2006PalebaneFolmenretiredmj
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited June 2019
    SBFord said:
    This one has an advantage over the one from last year: People can buy the mount separately if they don't want to sub for 6 months. That's a step in the right direction.

Honestly, WoW has so many mounts that buying a cash shop one is NEVER necessary.
    But frankly, a game with a mandatory subscription shouldn't have a cash shop at all, period. It demonstrates in the clearest possible terms that subscription fees are unnecessary and do not do the one thing that advocates for subscription fees like to pretend that they do.

And before you mention it, the ability to trade subscription time with other players doesn't change that. Someone is paying for that subscription.
    rojoArcueidNildenBlacklabelcalijimmywolfSpottyGekko[Deleted User]foppoteeWaanlaseritBonejokerand 5 others.
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 489
    edited June 2019
    At least it's not a flying ass(donkey).
    foppoteeFolmen
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2019

SBFord said:

I still use my all white gryphon. I will admit that I almost fell for that flying fox. Could always be worse though, like renting storage space/marketboard spots/gathering materials (some being only specific to retainer missions) for real money via the retainer system like in FFXIV. Its kind of funny that they sell retainer boosts too.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Nice mount, cheaper then a lot of spaceships.
    WhiteLanternKyleranDragnelusfoppoteegastovski1Folmen

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    How did I miss the Dreadwake announcement? That thing is awesome!
    Kyleran

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552
    edited June 2019
    My only beef with this one is that I think (personal opinion) it looks better than many of the mounts from the current expansion that can be gained through game-play alone. This and the Vulpine mount as well just seem to have a lot more love and care put into them. I would say a good change would be maybe add a 6 month exclusivity to the store, and then add it via an achievement or boss drop. Though, I suppose that would upset people who spent the $$ even if they were told up front. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    KyleranDhamon99
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Cool mount, but I'll stick with my monthly and ignore it altogether. I add every last mount to my favorites list and just randomize them, anyway. I don't understand why Blizzard doesn't donate $5 from every sale to charity like they did with a couple pets and mounts in the past, though. I feel like they'd boost sales enough to make up the 20% loss AND do away with the negative responses. Well, MOST of the negative responses...some people will bitch about anything.
    foppoteeDhamon99
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Cash shop in D4 confirmed. You heard it hear first.
    [Deleted User]Truvidien88FolmenDhamon99ragebullet
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I have my own vanity mount - monkeys flying out of my butt. It will be delivered the day I ever play this game again.
    [Deleted User]CryomatrixfoppoteePalebaneFolmenDhamon99

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    SBFord said:

Because "new mounts" and other items ingame are like new iPhones.............a social status symbol.
    Palebane
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    SBFord said:

Ok, I'll bite. Because yeah! That's what the fuck this game is lacking, not enough store bought flying mounts!! WOOT!!! Who cares about shit game mechanics, and boring stagnant game play, give me a flying mount any day!! Woo fucking hoo. >:)
    You do realize that for the vast majority of Wow players this equates to a free mount , its not an exclusive Store only , i dont think it will even sell very many , it was for the most part a gift
    retiredmj
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Scorchien said:
    SBFord said:

Ok, I'll bite. Because yeah! That's what the fuck this game is lacking, not enough store bought flying mounts!! WOOT!!! Who cares about shit game mechanics, and boring stagnant game play, give me a flying mount any day!! Woo fucking hoo. >:)
    You do realize that for the vast majority of Wow players this equates to a free mount , its not an exclusive Store only , i dont think it will even sell very many , it was for the most part a gift
    You do realize my post was sarcasm yes?
    Hard to tell , could be sarcasm, could be pissing and moaning .. yes ?
  • necrolocknecrolock Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Cant complain, i got both the flying boat and this for "free", meaning i already had 6 month subs running before they added these mounts.
  • WhySoSeriousWhySoSerious Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Modern WoW is dead to me, so I don't care. However, I will be coming back for Classic. If they start selling cash shop mounts or level boosts or whatever, then I'm done.
    NildenTuor7Dhamon99
  • SplitStream13SplitStream13 Member UncommonPosts: 250

Modern WoW is dead to me, so I don't care. However, I will be coming back for Classic. If they start selling cash shop mounts or level boosts or whatever, then I'm done.

If you think WoW is ever going to be what it used to be , you need to look no further than Lineage 2 Classic, lol. It's nothing in common with what used to be. The grind is there, but the soul is gone.
  • AndrewGoatAndrewGoat Member UncommonPosts: 160
    This is amazing, quality content. WoW is truly innovative.
    MMOGamer71Scot
  • Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68

Aeander said:

SBFord said:

But frankly, a game with a mandatory subscription shouldn't have a cash shop at all, period. It demonstrates in the clearest possible terms that subscription fees are unnecessary and do not do the one thing that advocates for subscription fees like to pretend that they do.

And before you mention it, the ability to trade subscription time with other players doesn't change that. Someone is paying for that subscription.

Not only that but every single mmo since with the exception of FF14, is free to play.
    Even indie mmos are free. And they don't even have a fraction of capital of activizzard.

The so called cost of running servers isn't nearly as costly as they'd like us to believe. As has been proven by almost every game post-wow.

Most smart devs are willing to eat the backend costs if it means more trafric in the game. Except for digital extremes. They seem to like their 4 man peer to peer system. Cheap skates.
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    I don't mind store mounts and pets. Mount looks cool, but for the first time I'm debating on whether I should get it or not because for months now I haven't been playing WoW. Was hoping that 8.2 would be a lot more fun, but so far I genuinely don't like either Machagon or Nazjatar...
    Sigh I really want for them to return challenge modes and PvP to how it was, so that I can actually enjoy the game while being a filthy casual and the only reason I mention being a casual is because their content as of late has been really shit... if CM and proper PvP was still a thing even with crap content I'd still play it.
    Was really hoping that 8.2 will fill my time till Classic, sadly I was wrong :(