Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good time to get into FFXIV ?

2»

Comments

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    Of course everyone on the FFXIV forum will tell you it's the perfect time to get back into the game.
  • vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Darksworm said:
    Of course everyone on the FFXIV forum will tell you it's the perfect time to get back into the game.
    What's wrong with people enjoying the game telling people it's a great time to join the game?
  • MrJatobiMrJatobi Member UncommonPosts: 67
    So I played FFXIV the first week of the relaunched realm reborn and was looking at getting back into it, Is now a good time to get back in ? Is the game doing well ? I wouldn't want to get really into it then learn it's going the way of the dodo, Any info is appreciated :-)

Now is better than ever to get into FFXIV.  Check out my column from a couple weeks ago: https://www.mmorpg.com/final-fantasy-xiv/columns/final-fantasy-xiv-new-player-struggles-1000013707

With Shadowbringers coming out tomorrow (early access) the game is in such a better place than it was at launch.

The first 50 levels will suck, admittedly.  ARR content is boring to a lot of people, myself included.  Heavensward + is where the game picks up and becomes insanely fun.

You can get Heavensward for free right now, but if you buy ARR and then Shadowbringers for $39.99, you get all of them anyway.  Shadowbringers just don't include ARR.  So you're looking at roughly $60 for everything.

I can provide you with my friend code, which gives you some extra stuff, the EXP stuff only lasts until level 20, however.  What I can provide you with that lasts, however, is a great FC, a great resource of information and help. The issue with this is currently our server is considered Congested, which means no character creations.  You'd need to make one on Exodus or another Primal server and play with crossworld outside of the FC.  You'd join the FC, and once you're able to get onto our server, get invited.  If that makes sense lol?

Anyway, the offer is there. In my opinion, having a wealth of knowledge is key for any new player, which means a great FC!

Also, you may want to look into getting a story skip along with a level skip just to get to Heavensward content.  It's a 200+ hour grind to get through all the content up to Stormblood.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I was going to give it a try again, but since Classic WoW starts in 60 days...NOPE! :)
    Good Luck.
    [Deleted User]

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    For me any desire to play WoW kind of died in 2008 ... which was funnily enough the end of the Classic era.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    So I played FFXIV the first week of the relaunched realm reborn and was looking at getting back into it, Is now a good time to get back in ? Is the game doing well ? I wouldn't want to get really into it then learn it's going the way of the dodo, Any info is appreciated :-)
    Base game is free up to 30 I think, so give it a whirl for free first.
    Octagon7711
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    After reading this thread I'll give it another go.  Haven't played since the revamped relaunch.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey