Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can upgrade any game of your choosing to today's graphics. Which ones do you choose?

1235»

Comments

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Easy, Vangaurd.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    EDIT2: as for western games, i want Hexen.
    Ooh, I prefer the first game myself, can never remember the name . . . goes to Google . . .  Heretic!

If someone made a BR game where you could turn your opponents into chickens, but then have the chicken go invulnerable and peck you to death, like that kind of thing wouldn't get views :D 
    Add in the Freeze ray, pipe bombs, and laser trip wire bombs from Duke Nukem and you have the start of a Fornite killer XD

For me though I'd have to say pong. That would obviously make it an adult game though. XD
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    goboygo said:
    Easy, Vangaurd.
    All live servers of Vanguard are now updated to very modern graphics.  And still shut down.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    The original Deus Ex.

We did what we could with the limits of the engine and tools we have, but you could only fit textures of a certain size (where 640x480 monitors were common in 2000, today it's 4k [or more coming up], the result is blurred textures as it's stretched beyond it's resolution size). Then the vector limits, so the characters and objects will forever be locked with the engine and memory limits, too.

You HAVE to upgrade the engine to make the game fit today's monitor resolutions and visual complexity. It's a hard limit.

So that is the game I would love to see visually redone, but keeping it exactly what it was (visual mods for DX had artists making the characters in outfits that just were ugly -- skulls and cross bones on Denton's duster, for example). Just want to see larger textures and better particle effects for fires/lights/reflections/shadows.
    You say "we".  Were you part of the team that created that game?
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Anarchy Online would be pretty awesome with next gen gfx… also probly shadowbane
    Oh don't get me started on that one.
  • Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    edited June 2019
    Quizzical said:
    You say "we".  Were you part of the team that created that game?
    No, but was on a modding team. Couldn't do what we needed, as there were hard coded texture size limits (think it was 512x512 was the max size of textures -- on modern monitors it's too low res ... terrain textures are in the 4000x4000 size and getting larger today); and vector point limits with objects.

Some got frustrated and tried to recreate the game itself in a UT4 engine (like some do with WoW even), instead (the Deus Ex engine was a modified UT engine). It's the modified part that was frustrating to work around.

Add to that frustration was the Lightforge was used as the 3D modeler. Plugins for it weren't many, and during that time Lightforge was also bought out. People could ONLY get the Lightforge program and it's plugins if they bought a computer with it already installed, too. Remember this was the time 3D modelers were using doggles for ID verification, too.
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    edited June 2019
    Buck Rodgers: Countdown to Doomsday
    It Came from the Desert 1 and 2
    Most of the Old DnD games
    StarFlight 1 and 2
    oh and  Mech-Commander
    [Deleted User]
  • JimLJimL Newbie CommonPosts: 14

DEF RYL ROW ORIGIN !..graphic needs some help

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    City of Heroes
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    edited July 2019
    Everquest, UO.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Honorable mention for Leisure Suit Larry.
    [Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Final Fantasy IV, VI, VII - ( on ALL systems )
    Ultima Online
    Everquest
    Dark Age of Camelot
    City of Heroes/Villians
    Earth and Beyond
    Tabula Rasa
    WarHammer Online
    Star Wars Galaxies
    World of Warcraft

• Tek101Tek101 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Came here to say Everquest and Star Wars Galaxys....... community doesn't disappoint :-)

fear not on how the way of the light hits