Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Information collected for next two releases

DracSchniderDracSchnider Member UncommonPosts: 223
from Ark's post in official forums on the notes taken

Team meeting talked about:

-Complete overhaul on how you place items on a lots and ownership of those items

Including things like individual items permissions like so someone can come up to your lot and move something around, but not be able to pick it up

Items will have knowledge of ownership so if you put something in a friends house and they pick up that house, it gets returned to YOU not them

-----------------

-Probably in for R68, a universal item finder.

For items you have placed wherever. no matter where you have it placed, you'll be able to send the item to the banker remotely

if your stuff gets stuck under the floor or something, you can fix it yourself

------------------

Working on multi-level rewards (subscription) program

More to come soon.

----------------------

Working on Persistent states for house items. Example, if you turn a light off, then leave, when u come back, the light is still off.

Window shutters and cannon door states will be captured as well other things you can turn on / off.

-----------------

List working on a dungeon

Hopes to have the first part out in next release

----------------------

Next tier of Tartarus Dungeon will be tier 10+ and based on Chaos

May have more of the open chamber with overlapping catwalks and pitfalls

----------------------

Chris has been working on rooms for player dungeon for elves encounters today

-----------------------------

In R67, heavy armor specialization with increase the damage resistance you get out of your heavy armor by the % of heavy armor specialization skill u have

so at 120 heavy armor spec, you have 150% heavy armor damage resistance bonus

Heavy armor may start protecting u from fire, earth and water magic

Fire magic will get a boost, fireball spell in particular

Possibly making fireball cast faster

------------------------------

More Artifacts added, and older Artifact reworks for the new common, uncommon, rare and legendary system

Comments

• Xee2018Xee2018 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Oh! I missed a stream it looks like hehe.  Love the new item rules.  We had an issue in our guild chapter house with some things being removed with out consent.  This will fix the permission issues we have.

I been playing in Tartarus Dungeon myself with a few people.   only way to get into it currently is to teleport to a friend that is in it.  once you get there though you can use a teleport to zone scroll to get back any time.   Its not completed yet so expect some issues like no rez pointed.  They added a patch last night though which should have them in now.    Its a pretty hard dungeon for level 100-110 adventure levels.   The new level 3 though will be group only I think.. .unless your Mac hehe.
  • HilltHillt Member UncommonPosts: 72
    No word on Episode 2? Initial plan from Starr was that the new lands would be rolling out in Release 66. Any word on an ETA?
    Not that I know of although Chris responded this yesterday:

6/12/2019
    Working on tartarus this morning: Ankhs aren't working.

Working on ideas for next level of Tartarus: Chaos themed 3rd floor.
    Thinking about room with floating platforms with Abyss underneath them to fall into and teleporters. Maybe an upside-down room.

New creatures. Maybe an undead dragon? Demon lizard? Hydra?

Plans to make essences drop in player dungeons but at a lower rate. Player dungeon variations of Elves have been completed as of yesterday morning.

Episode 2 info: new continent on the north side of novia, will have far fewer scenes of higher quality being larger and more strategic and planned out. Not too much newbie content, will likely be tier 5 to tier 10+ scenes. There will still be overland, but the scenes will be larger chunks on the scale of places like blood bay. Episode 2 lands and content will require having the Episode 2 game.
    Xee2018 said:

Episode 2 info: new continent on the north side of novia, will have far fewer scenes of higher quality being larger and more strategic and planned out. Not too much newbie content, will likely be tier 5 to tier 10+ scenes. There will still be overland, but the scenes will be larger chunks on the scale of places like blood bay. Episode 2 lands and content will require having the Episode 2 game.
    "will have far fewer scenes of higher quality..." so there will be less? far fewer means less, right? I would also hope it still has overlands considering people paid BIG MONEY to have their POTs moved to the new lands. 

Since it will have less "newbie" lands I guess they aren't trying to bring in new players, only cater to the existing ones. They can bank their advertising budget then. 
    Earthgirl
  • urinal_gooseurinal_goose Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Hillt said:
    Xee2018 said:

"will have far fewer scenes of higher quality..." so there will be less? far fewer means less, right? I would also hope it still has overlands considering people paid BIG MONEY to have their POTs moved to the new lands. 

Since it will have less "newbie" lands I guess they aren't trying to bring in new players, only cater to the existing ones. They can bank their advertising budget then. 

Attracting (and keeping) new players would require that they spend countless hours overhauling the broken quest, crafting and combat systems. As the game is virtually a one-man show at this point, that's never going to happen, so the strategy appears to be to keep the few remaining whales happy by stringing them along.
    Earthgirl
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited June 2019
    Hillt said:
    Xee2018 said:

LOL wait, people paid big cash for their POT's to begin with, and then they had to pay significant sums again to have them moved?  How much?  From what I saw on the SotA store, it was like $25 to $50, unless I'm reading it wrong.
    Hillt said:
    Xee2018 said:

LOL wait, people paid big cash for their POT's to begin with, and then they had to pay significant sums again to have them moved?  How much?  From what I saw on the SotA store, it was like $25 to $50, unless I'm reading it wrong.
    To move a player town in Ep1 to another location in Ep1 is around $50.  If you are upgrading there is no fee as its included in the cost.

However to transfer your town to the new ep2 there was a limited number of transfers allowed and it was $150.   They limited the numbers because the map overhead of the new lands is smaller, it will have fewer zones but the Zones compared but the zones will all be huge in comparison to anything we have seen in ep1.  

As to significant costs it all depends on how you fund your town.  If you do it yourself it can be very expensive.   The idea of POTS were designed to be a guild thing.  

Just like StarCitizen and other games guilds all mass together resources to get what they require.  this game is no different in that aspect.    Silverdale market which is my town was recently upgraded fully on player donations in the game.  We had to raise 69,000 crowns so we put out a donation chest at the public crafting area and with in 3 weeks it was raised.  We expected it to take us 6 months to a year to gather that type of funds.  The player base is very supportive especially to those that give alot back to the players.

The community of players in this game is very mature and pretty awesome.  All us will continue to support the game and fund salaries to those making things on both the dev side and player side. 

Kyleran
    Xee2018 said:
    The community of players in this game is very mature and pretty awesome.  All us will continue to support the game and fund salaries to those making things on both the dev side and player side. 
    Suckers!
    How's Episode 2 working out so far? Money well spent! 

Hillt said:
    Xee2018 said:
    Suckers!
    How's Episode 2 working out so far? Money well spent! 

Ep2 does not come out until end of the year.   So far the only things we have seen for ep2 is the map, some npc's in game talking about things going on in the north, and some developed backend systems that are precursor to what is required to do some of ep2 stuff.  example boats.  They are presently working on away for us to use our boat houses for travel.   They were talking about some of the challenges they are working on like how do you move it with thousands of decorations, what kind of performance issues will we have with more then one moving etc.  From the sounds of it the houses when in travel mode will most likely not show your decorations.

They are also working on in game Map stuff I got a sneak peak of some of the stuff coming on the map which is exciting.  

As to how things are going it been pretty great the last few months.  Over 2000 active accounts in game.  this we finally can measure with the leaderboard's which are also expanding.  

the next part of the dungeon building stuff is coming in this Thursday including more tools like Slew which will allow dungeon builders in build mode to zoom out to see externally the layout which helps tremendously for connecting tunnels and the likes.  Also a bunch of new encounter drops coming for rooms.  Elf rooms anyone :)

Player NPC systems are being worked on.  They are working on some of the systems right now for scripting npc's (text and animations)  Not sure yet if we will get the ability to script paths.  

This next patch tomorrow also introduces the new permission system which allows you to setup places to be public interacting which allows you to flag objects as movable but not able to take.   This helps people who want to place bags and the likes in other open properties as well lets say someone builds a tavern people can actually use it now by pulling out chairs to sit, or playing a game of chess is now possible.

New system to search all your items for things and where they are.  This was needed as some have so many things you loose stuff in bags or properties.

New Houses coming out for keeps and castles (also in the works as well ways to change walls and floors and paint colors.)

So from my view its money well spent :)  This is only a few of the many things going on.  If you watch the dev live streams you can see alot of what is being done and hear about what is being worked on.

How's that new crafting "Specialization" coming along? Oh sorry I mean how the new crafting RNG patch working? Lots of awesome work being done! Hundreds of new players are joining so fast you can't even see them! Woohoo!! 
    Kyleran
    Tomorrow is release 68 which has the new crafting mastery for each profession.   They are not spec as you can do them all.  cost in xp is alot though 26-28mil I believe.   They have new mastery options as well once GM you get re-roll but it has a gold cost.  I dont have it on the QA server as I dont have that much spare XP right now to test it myself.  

There is also finally manikins coming this release for displaying armor and even poses for them from what I heard on the stream.  Look forward to that as my armory even though it looks nice will be more complete now with full armor sets.

Another big one that is coming for the dungeon builders is teleport pads allowing you to create links in dungeon or random porting.    I think there is 6 different types.  There is also the Encounter elf rooms from the rise this release. 

New engine update for unity, faster FPs at lease on the QA server from new optimizations. 

Still waiting for all the finalized R68 info.   

Another big one for myself is Silverdale Market which is my town gets no loot rules.  this means we can finally have pvp team wars in the town with out worry of getting looted.   Been waiting to get that in as many of the town folks are just now at the level to start playing with the higher level pvp peoples with out feeling like a paper bag.