Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can upgrade any game of your choosing to today's graphics. Which ones do you choose?

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    If we get to ask for arbitrarily large lists of games to be updated with modern graphics, then why not just ask for every game ever to be updated and be done with it?
    [Deleted User]Mendel
  • ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141
    H0urg1ass said:
    Age of Conan - My top choice.  

mine too

gunklackerH0urg1ass
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    edited June 2019
    Exhumed / Powerslave for the Sega Saturn. (didnt like PS1 version)
    My favourite game and the soundtrack is out of this world!

This is actually my ringtone <3

https://youtu.be/zPjDCtbzE0U
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • ExistentialistExistentialist Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Please just make a game that combines the best bits of BDO (combat and graphics), Lotro (lore and community), Darkfall (risk and combat), UO (housing, skill caps, champ spawns) and make it so popular that everyone plays it and has fun together.

Oh and somehow add cricket and Australian football as minigames.

I don't want much.
  • Major69er1Major69er1 Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Return to Zork
    Original Rainbow Six
    Links
  • RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711
    EQ, DAoC, DDO

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080
    Final Fantasy 6.
  • iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Anarchy Online
    [Deleted User]

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited June 2019
    Champion's Online  and WOW

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Sovrath said:
    As mentioned, Daggerfall with combat tweaks as I hate the way the game does combat

Lord of the Rings Online

Baldur's gate
    Lord of the Rings, is a great game and a graphics upgrade would be awesome.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Wizardy 8, Anarchy Online, Hearts of Iron 2, Nobunaga's Ambition.
    [Deleted User]

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Dark Age of Camelot
    ZoeMcCloskey
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Gravarg said:
    Dark Age of Camelot
    I had that on my list and then removed it, lol.  Only cause Camelot Unchained is coming and we can hope? 

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Jagged Alliance 2
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Vutar said:
    Everquest
    That's my choice too.
    kitarad
    Chamber of Chains
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    "with today's graphics" is a really vague statement. On one hand, they could look like FFXV. On the other hand, they could look like the new Battletoads lol.

EDIT: i would love to see FF6 and Suikoden get the FF7 remake visual treatment, but don't mess with the gameplay mechanics.

EDIT2: as for western games, i want Hexen.
    Oh hell yeah. Suikoden would be amazing.
    Imagine the castle developments!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Crazycuban3Crazycuban3 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Anarchy Online would be pretty awesome with next gen gfx… also probly shadowbane
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    Lotro - my god just make a Lotro 2 already.
    [Deleted User]
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
    Wizardry said:
    FFXI,easy choice,best mmorpg ever so making it even better is two thumbs up from me.

However in saying that,i want way more than just a simple visual upgrade,i want games to continue to improve,better systems,more creativity,more interaction and way less hand holding and ugly fake markers ruining the immersion.

There is a very large gap between what we are playing and what devs are capable of,a VERY large gap,we are being sold half assed gaming.So yeah sure,i'll take a FFXI visual upgrade but i want more,a lot more.
    You seriously got to stop posting off your meds.  That statement is so asinine.  What are devs capable of that they are not doing?  The technology boundry is pushed to it's max until breakthroughs are made there is a limit at how far they can go.
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Hashbrick said:
    Wizardry said:
    FFXI,easy choice,best mmorpg ever so making it even better is two thumbs up from me.

However in saying that,i want way more than just a simple visual upgrade,i want games to continue to improve,better systems,more creativity,more interaction and way less hand holding and ugly fake markers ruining the immersion.

There is a very large gap between what we are playing and what devs are capable of,a VERY large gap,we are being sold half assed gaming.So yeah sure,i'll take a FFXI visual upgrade but i want more,a lot more.
    You seriously got to stop posting off your meds.  That statement is so asinine.  What are devs capable of that they are not doing?  The technology boundry is pushed to it's max until breakthroughs are made there is a limit at how far they can go.
    I seriously disagree with the idea that developers are doing all that is possible.  As far as I know, there's nothing technological that prevents games from abstracting things other than combat, magic and crafting.  They could develop abstractions for religion and government, just to name a couple.  There are probably a lot more things that could be abstracted, too.

If you restrict games to graphics and animation, then yes, we're seeing games at or near a  technology boundary.  Everything else, the limit is their imagination (and budget).

If you are thinking of games only in terms of graphics and animation, I'd encourage you to broaden your scope.

[Deleted User]

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    NSFW

Scarlet Blade

[Deleted User]AeanderRoinLimnic[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    FFXI best mmorpg ever!!!
    Mendel said:
    Hashbrick said:
    Wizardry said:

I seriously disagree with the idea that developers are doing all that is possible.  As far as I know, there's nothing technological that prevents games from abstracting things other than combat, magic and crafting.  They could develop abstractions for religion and government, just to name a couple.  There are probably a lot more things that could be abstracted, too.

If you restrict games to graphics and animation, then yes, we're seeing games at or near a  technology boundary.  Everything else, the limit is their imagination (and budget).

If you are thinking of games only in terms of graphics and animation, I'd encourage you to broaden your scope.

I'm assuming we are talking about MMOs here... server technology is the stop gap of innovation.  You'd be wise to remember that.
  • Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    The original Deus Ex.

We did what we could with the limits of the engine and tools we have, but you could only fit textures of a certain size (where 640x480 monitors were common in 2000, today it's 4k [or more coming up], the result is blurred textures as it's stretched beyond it's resolution size). Then the vector limits, so the characters and objects will forever be locked with the engine and memory limits, too.

You HAVE to upgrade the engine to make the game fit today's monitor resolutions and visual complexity. It's a hard limit.

So that is the game I would love to see visually redone, but keeping it exactly what it was (visual mods for DX had artists making the characters in outfits that just were ugly -- skulls and cross bones on Denton's duster, for example). Just want to see larger textures and better particle effects for fires/lights/reflections/shadows.