Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World Of Kings Review – Familiar Fun - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageWorld Of Kings Review – Familiar Fun - MMORPG.com

It seems like the goal of fantasy mobile MMOs sometimes is to capture “Warcraftian magic”, of another World, in a handheld environment. On the surface, this game seems to have taken a hardcore artwork step in that direction. This eastern originated mobile MMO looks to at least have captured the look of World Of Warcraft (WoW) in a mobile context. Some would say that “imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”. The question is does Loong Entertainment’s World of Kings deliver more than a familiar look? This is our review of World Of Kings.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    If this wasn't a mobile game I think I would play it.
    Viper482

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Amathe said:

If this wasn't a mobile game I think I would play it.

I expect, given the news that many Android games can quickly move to Steam, you might see that happen.
    AmatheGdemami

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    I actually started playing this after reading this article and its not bad really.. I love the fact that there are lots of classes and they didnt get lazy with the gender lock issues most mobile games have..
  • vampywiz17vampywiz17 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    One of the best Mobile MMO that ever seen, but the auto thing is ruin everything.....:(
    onelesslightElvocBillMurphyNaitakal
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546

One of the best Mobile MMO that ever seen, but the auto thing is ruin everything.....:(

yea thats so common with Mobile MMO games, they basically automate everything..Its like STOP THAT, I want to play :)
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Isn't much of WoW automated with all the Add-Ons at this point? Peeps with 50+ add-ons should feel at home with autoplay...

I use a handful myself.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Elvoc said:

yea thats so common with Mobile MMO games, they basically automate everything..Its like STOP THAT, I want to play :)

I put a post up about Dawn of Isles because the game works fine with the auto stuff turned off, which is also easy do do. It also has tons of features so someone should do a proper review here. I'll give this a try as well and see which is better for myself.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    CONS: Mobile Game
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Mobile, F2P, MMO. Three words that don't go together well.
  • WhySoSeriousWhySoSerious Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Actually looks decent. But the Auto-Play... UGH
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited June 2019
    Typically of these reviews,we need a video because there is nothing mentioned that i can draw a definitive conclusion on without seeing a LOT more.
    9 classes,nice ..or is it?IDK how well th classes are done,how well and in depth the actual classes/systems/combat are done.
    The mention of a fully fledged MMO but then compares to WoW...sigh,Wow is NOT designed as a MMO,it is designed as an instance game while the rest is SOLOING.
    SO is this grouping,how is the feel of other players or do you even see other players or is that only in instances etc etc,way too much left to the unknown.

Obviously mentioned was cash shops and to me that is an auto fail to the game and the genre in general.

To 7.5 is way too high of a score,any housing?It is a ROLE playing game right,no housing,it's not a 7.5.
    Do you eat ,drink,how well is crafting done.Gem socketing is imo almost always going to be a terrible idea,likely part of the cash shop system.It also turns an rpg more into a Gem socket game,gear game than a PLAYER driven game.
    When i play a class,i always want to know i am making the difference,my choices,my micro management of resources and not my gear or my gems.

Pet system...GREAT,but how well is it done,idk,nobody knows,this article simply does very little to draw conclusions on how well anything is done,more like a simple pros cons here is your "inflated" passing score like we give all the game reviews.

I have actually spent multiple thousands of hours playing several rpg's,i can draw definitive conclusions and descriptions on game systems/design because i know what i want and expect from a mmo+rpg game design.Reviews almost NEVER qualify unless a well done VIDEO review and yes i have seen many good video reviews,Angry Joe has done many to name just one person.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    It's a fun game. Try it or don't. No one cares -  it's just a game.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Elvoc said:

I put a post up about Dawn of Isles because the game works fine with the auto stuff turned off, which is also easy do do. It also has tons of features so someone should do a proper review here. I'll give this a try as well and see which is better for myself.
    I gave it a try but I found it about the same as all the other similar mobile MMORPGs. Still enjoying Dawn of Isles though. Surprised no one has given that a try to at least tell me how bad they found it. XD The silence is unusual.