Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Sells Nearly 5M Copies in 2019 Alone - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imagePlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Sells Nearly 5M Copies in 2019 Alone - MMORPG.com

While Fortnite is the undisputed champ of battle royale games at the moment, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has been quietly plugging away. According to Super Data Research, PUBG has sold 4.7M copies of the game in 2019 alone. As PUBG sells for $30 per copy, that amounts to $141M dollars in 2019 not including any shop purchases, battle pass revenue, etc.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Makes sense. Even on PC it's still doing extremely well, peaking at 700k concurrent users the past 30 days (around 600k daily). It's been on a downward trend but not very fast of one.
    Kyleran
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    That's a lot of people with dreadful taste in video games.

For a game of this low a quality and this little polish to sell well is bad for the industry. 
    Itzme123doomexAI724Kyleran
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Aeander said:

For a game of this low a quality and this little polish to sell well is bad for the industry. 
    This seems to be the new catchphrase for "I don't like this game" these days. Geez. Millions of people seem to have a different opinion.
    Nepheth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    SBFord said:
    Aeander said:

This seems to be the new catchphrase for "I don't like this game" these days. Geez. Millions of people seem to have a different opinion.
    And millions of people are damaging the industry. Just like millions of people are damaging the industry by buying lootboxes (including those that PUBG had). 
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    SBFord said:
    Aeander said:

Negative opinions outweighs positive on steam, average players has dropped by 80%. The reason is the lack of quality and polish.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • HoldslowhopeHoldslowhope Member UncommonPosts: 42
    It is because they mass ban hackers who then re buy the game. This is why being dedicated to banning cheaters is good for any game. They will end up buying it again and that means more money!
    doomexgastovski1Kyleran
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2019
    Not surprising. The game launched on PS4 in december so most of the sales in the last 6 months are there. That being said, if the game still runs like arse then PS4 users will start leaving just like PC and XB did.

It is not surprising its going to sell a lot, the game doesn't have a free trial (that i'm aware of) so the only way to try it is to pay for it. Also, the $30 price tag makes it easier for people to justify paying without knowing if they will like it.

I'm still not interested in this game. I rather pay those $30 for ARMA 3. And if i wanted a battle royale like pubg, Ring of Elysium is much better, looks better, and runs silky smooth.

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    The only game my brother has been playing on his mobile phone for years. I never understood why he's so into it!! Apparently millions other ppl love the darn game!

• TetraRoseTetraRose Member UncommonPosts: 1
    It is popular maybe because PUBG is actual battle royale without fancy skins, magic or advandec weapons or parkour. Just good old vanilla game with most real life looking gameplay from other games from that genre.

Not everyone are into casual play of Apex legends or strange things from Fortnite.
    PhryAeander
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited June 2019
    SBFord said:
    Aeander said:

Is OK, I've accepted the fact millions of people are wrong and have bad taste, it's just what the masses do.

As shown by this example, quite easy and lucrative to separate them from their money.

;)
    Aeander

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon