Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadow Bane Sucks Rumor!

2»

Comments

• AwakenedAwakened Member UncommonPosts: 595

Originally posted by Modar

Shadow Bane is a has Been Game!
    Do not waste your money on it!  It's Boring, is very drag on xp to fight other players.
    1.  Pvp Sucks because: The sever lags so badly you are locked up most of the time!
    2.  There is som much cheating there, you could never farm the money that has been duped in that game!  And this makes it hard, Very hard for a noob to start out in this game!
    3. No quests in this game!  Nothing new ever in the way of quests!  They don't know what a quests is there!
    4. Packman is more interesting than this game.
    5. Graphics are Terrible!  And you got a lot of rubberbanding in the game.
    6. Most players that have been there for some time now are just jerks and real game play does not exist any longer!  I think over 50 percent of the players there now are UBI or WolfPack employees and their customer service is the worst I have ever seen in any game or store!
    7. They charge 12.95 a month to play it and charge you on top of that for the game!  They actually should be paying you to play there.
    8. Packman is more interesting than this game!  oh did I already say that.

ROFLMAO  just a has been game trying to stay alive in a market that is putting it under.  BTW: it's last release of oblivian is just that for the game sent it to oblivian   LOL  imageimage

Scrap this game and don't waste your time or money here!

You're 9 and like wearing platemail in real life, shut up loser.  I like the game, plenty of other people on these boards like the game, mind your own business.

What greater tribute to free will than the power to question the highest of authority? What greater display of loyalty than blind faith? What greater gift than free will? What greater love than loyalty?

• DakagentDakagent Member UncommonPosts: 58

s

• jaw30jaw30 Member Posts: 8

Yes, that's why I have played SB, quit and went to DAOC for a week and realized it wasn't for me, quit and went back to SB, quit and went to DAOC again this time for 9 months, quit and sold my DAOC account on ebay and went to SWG, quit and went back to SB yet again and haven't looked back...

SB is a fun game if you give it a chance and with any hope the lore server will really allow it to regain some subscriptions.

• MaxziusMaxzius Member UncommonPosts: 248

Originally posted by chs5138

Shadowbane has massive lag spikes, a multitude of pvp exploits and some other problems...but despite it's flaws it is STILL and has ALWAYS been the best pvp game on the market
    If SB2 is ever made...and is created without all the bugs, the game will bring back a lot of players.

I don't play anymore, mostly because of the PvP exploits, and am considering a return depending upon how well the devs do with the Lore Server but had to QFE this.

=====================
    -Just My Thoughts-
    Max

Currently playing: Nothing

• talaziatalazia Member CommonPosts: 9

I played shadowbane in the beginning.  Back when mourning was the "unofficial lore server".   What started out as a great game turned out to becoming nothing more than a huge gankfest.  Dont get me wrong I like pvp just like the next person, but i dont want to have it shoved down my throat at everyturn.

I wasnt the only one who felt like that either little by little us so called "carebears" started leaving until you have what is now what is left of shadowbane.  I personally wouldnt waste my money on the game again.  It just isnt my type of game but if you love nothing but constant PVP you should love this one.

• flea1flea1 Member Posts: 250

might check it again the lore server may be a saveing grace. Ive restarted on there. So far no real complaints. Grahpics arnt the best but still fun. With the lore server i do see lots of killing going to happen,but it the name of lore. I mean The elves are self centered angry people who want there world back. Hey thats me wanting my pvp games back. So yes lots of pvp but can be done with taste. The game is cold and unforgiveing much like the world we live in.

Orky Name Generator, only at www.bigchoppaz.com

I may have to give it another try.  I did like the game, and I dont mind pvp with a cause.
  • AramathAramath Member Posts: 161

My bro and I played this game, mostly because he was in beta and said it was pretty cool.  I mean, you terraform the game environment leaving your mark there in the form of a city.  However, Ubi and WP made a big gameplay change just before live.  They reduced the protection slots on the tree by down to about 1/4 of it's original protection.  This game is a game of 3 am raids.  The guards blow chunks.  You spend days building the cash for the town buildings and walls and in a couple of hours, when no one is around, they show up and take out the walls and any unprotected buildings while the guards stand around out in the xp zone killing mobs off.  So, unless you are a power gamer that likes to pvp 100% of the time, this game is not for you.  Power gamer = play 18 to 24 hours a day.  Otherwise, your town will get bashed while no one is around.

Edit**

Oh let's not forget that Ubi released the code to a group of gamers who are hackers and hacked the server.  They started out by giving themselves GM rights ingame and when that got squashed, found loopholes in the code to allow for item and money dupping that is still going on to this day.

I remember when all the duping first started.   That was when the started to go dowonhill for me.  That and all the griefing that went on people started to leave the game in droves.
  • emkeyemkey Member Posts: 2

i make it short:
    minus:
    - graphics
    - performance problems at big battles with 200+ ppl

plus:
    - immense game depth
    - player driven economy and politics
    - open environment (no shit-quest)
    - lots of races, classes, professions
    - community

GAME IS NOT DEAD, so dont believe everthing what ppl write ... i tried WoW, GW, L2, EVE but nothing comparable with this depth and atmosphere ... i'll stay in SB til a comparable game gets released ... ;)

have fun

• Maverick827Maverick827 Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by Aramath

My bro and I played this game, mostly because he was in beta and said it was pretty cool.  I mean, you terraform the game environment leaving your mark there in the form of a city.  However, Ubi and WP made a big gameplay change just before live.  They reduced the protection slots on the tree by down to about 1/4 of it's original protection.  This game is a game of 3 am raids.  The guards blow chunks.  You spend days building the cash for the town buildings and walls and in a couple of hours, when no one is around, they show up and take out the walls and any unprotected buildings while the guards stand around out in the xp zone killing mobs off.  So, unless you are a power gamer that likes to pvp 100% of the time, this game is not for you.  Power gamer = play 18 to 24 hours a day.  Otherwise, your town will get bashed while no one is around.

Edit**
    Oh let's not forget that Ubi released the code to a group of gamers who are hackers and hacked the server.  They started out by giving themselves GM rights ingame and when that got squashed, found loopholes in the code to allow for item and money dupping that is still going on to this day.

I love how people keep the same, ignorant opinions of a two year old game from their experiences in the first week.  Protection slots have been increased, guards have been made smarter, walls are invulnerable unless it's a time of war, the major dupes have been fixed.  They have added a gold cap for inventories/banks/structures so that even if a new dupe is found out, it wont get as out of hand as before.

Also, if you are not a "power gamer" then you can play this game.  You probably can't lead an entire nation, but you can play.  So please, update your knowledge of a game before you bash it, least you look like an ass.

• superhero13superhero13 Member Posts: 170

Shadowbane is a great game. Yes, its had its ups and downs, but if you are reading this and have never played it...run, do not walk, run to start playing it.

a 100 person seige is an amazing thing to be a part of..unlike any other game ever (yes different from LinII)...that every gamer should experience at least once. Youll get hooked!

Some of my best mmo memories came from SB. Some of yours will too!

• millbromillbro Member Posts: 71

I downloaded the trial last night, it took about 3 hours... now i wish i had those 3 hours back bc the game is horid. I dont know what they were thinking when making the UI, i couldnt figure out how to activate the special moves , if there is any! Plus whats with the Click the point on the ground to move! thats retarted that takes out almost every bit of player skill in pvp i think. you cant manuver around someone while pvp'ing you are just basing it purely on how good your equipment is and what lvl you are. not sure if there is a way to make it so W,S,A,D MOVE your char, or somthing like that but so far as i see it .. the UI and controls would break the game for me.. eq1 pvp would prob be more fun lol..

• ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

Shadowbane is rpg, not fps, so you cant move with arrow keys or normal FPS movement.

As for powers, hit P for powers, you will see round bubbles that are weapon powers/magic powers/abilities etc. You can either move them around or CTRL - LEFT CLICK and assign it to ANY key or key combo on your keyboard.

All my powers and abilities are assigned to the same setup I had in UO 5+ years ago.. all on the left side of the keyboard, within easy reach of my left hand.

• CoolWatersCoolWaters Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Still the best pvp game on the market; hands down.  If you want to collect 12 bat wings or spider legs, or wolf pelts for some guy who will give you a crappy sword then it's not for you anyway.
  • oakthornnoakthornn Member UncommonPosts: 863

Well I've played all MMO's and havent played SB since Beta 2002..Yesterday I was sitting here thinking of giving SB another try after 3 years.. To my surprise I logged in,made a Nephilim and played for about 4 hours. SB at least kept my interest even with the horrible mouse movement still somehow in the game.. I'd really like the UI changed..Allow us to move by using the arrow keys or the typical A S W E..Get rid of the right mouse click wax on wax off movement please..  The graphics do need a change.But if you play in first person,it looks a bit better than birds eye view 3rd person..

Personally right now I'd rather play SB because of its great lore,character customization,and most importantly I want to PVP..  I did a WHO SEARCH and counted 349 people on yesterday evening.. Thats more than I thought would be in the game.  To me that doesn't sound like a dying game.. Perhaps the ones who left for WoW slowly found themselves running back to SB and perhaps these people attracted some of their friends..  If Ubi could fix some of the technical problems,upgrade the graphics engine,and change the horrible mouse movement,they could perhaps attract more and more people and repopulate SB again..

WoW is so boring and quite frankly I'm getting sick of the bright fluffy colors..There is nothing to do anymore after I've done everything that game has to offer..It was fun for 6 months,but now I wouldnt go back even after the expansion comes out..  And theres no other MMO out I'd rather be playing right now anyway..

Darkfall and The Chronicle both sound pretty good,but how far away are those games from being released? Until then Shadowbane has one more person joining its ranks..

Rallithon Oakthornn
    (Retired Heirophant of the 60th season)

• christianc87christianc87 Member Posts: 33
    the only reason people hate on SB is becasue theres no quest, and they die from better ppl on the game wich gets them pissed off cuz there babies, that lag and bad graphics stuff is bullshit. therres only lag at BIG banes.so stop complaining and go play WoW.if you hate on SB, you have NO taste for mmo's.yeah.fight me.

Oi?

• kosdethkosdeth Member UncommonPosts: 36

Shadowbane haters = Carebears.

Ya it had problems like every other mmo, but nothing out there could come close to it's pvp/ siege battles.

I don't understand how people could hate something as unique, and addicting as this??

Carebears = Shadowbane haters