Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 4 Shown to French Employees & is Headed to BlizzCon 2019

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageDiablo 4 Shown to French Employees & is Headed to BlizzCon 2019

According to Le Monde, one of France's largest publications, Diablo 4 has been shown to French employees of Blizzard Entertainment. The article is primarily focused on the company's struggles and the layoffs in the European departments. However, it does say that during a meeting with company officials, Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 will be not be released until 2020 at the earliest and "employees at Versailles have no idea if they will still be around when they eventually release".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Bring it!
    Phixion13

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    You wanna bet that Overwatch 2 is gonna have a lot of features from Lawbreakers?
    And that Diablo 4 will be more akin to Path of Exile?

You read it here first! <3
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    edited June 2019
    You wanna bet that Overwatch 2 is gonna have a lot of features from Lawbreakers?

Why would Overwatch 2 be inspired by Lawbreakers?

That would be like Pokemon taking inspiration from a Chinese Pokemon knockoff or Star Wars becoming a bad knockoff of Space Balls. Come to think of it... the latter actually happened with The Last Jedi, so I suppose anything is possible.
    alkarionlog
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Diablo MMORPG ‘Let it happen Blizzard!!! The inevitable, the peoples game.
    edited June 2019
    Give me a proper Diablo ARPG. No MMO mechanics. No required online connectivity. No cash shop. No auction house. And absolutely no mobile port.

Just give me a fuckdamned video game with all quality and no frills.
    Post edited by Aeander on
    sumdumguy1PhryLimnicrojoArcueidceh430bartoni33NinnghizhiddaWizbuizTacticalZombeh[Deleted User]and 2 others.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    A Diablo MMORPG would print money.
    ceh430sschruppMrMelGibson
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    wormed said:
    A Diablo MMORPG would print money.
    While I do agree, STO is a reminder you can have a very viable and indentifiable name and still produce a turd of a game and a let down financially.
    Asm0deusbartoni33Rich84TacticalZombeh
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Aeander said:

Why would Overwatch 2 be inspired by Lawbreakers?

That would be like Pokemon taking inspiration from a Chinese Pokemon knockoff or Star Wars becoming a bad knockoff of Space Balls. Come to think of it... the latter actually happened with The Last Jedi, so I suppose anything is possible.
    While I don't really think they will take anything from Lawbreakers, I would love if they implemented a momentum based movement system like Lawbreakers had (not the anti gravity movement but just how you could build momentum like arena shooters). 
  • nepulasnepulas Member UncommonPosts: 218

You read it here first! <3</div>

yeah absolutely .. especially the whole lawbreaker thing .. such an amazing game everyone called it a overwatch clone, while it was miles ahead in everything
    NephethSlyLoK

Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I'm surprised that there is no release date for Diablo Immortal as of yet.

Makes me wonder if they've gotten cold feet.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    DMKano said:
    Wizbuiz said:

How many ARPGs went the mmorpg route and failed?

Why in the world would Blizzard want to follow a path of guaranteed failure?
    How many of those failures made it to release?

Honest question.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

laserit said:
    DMKano said:
    Wizbuiz said:

Honest question.
    Not many. And not one of those companies have Blizzards pedigree or quality standards. Say what you will of Blizzard, but they polish everything they make, regardless of actual game quality, to a mirror shine.

If anyone can do the MMO/ARPG hybrid right, it's Blizzard. But also, why would they? The only answer I have to that question is microtransactions, and that's not a good thing.
    laseritTacticalZombeh
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    DMKano said:
    Wizbuiz said:

Ok, I'll bite, how many?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

DMKano said:

Wizbuiz said:

How many of the ARPGs with MMO features failed because they were ARPGs with MMO features and how many of them failed because they were just terrible games?

Something like Devilian didn't fail because it was an ARPG with MMO features it failed because it was terrible and would have failed no matter what genre it was.
    SovrathNephethAlomar
    DMKano said:

Xiaoki said:

DMKano said:

Wizbuiz said:

How many of the ARPGs with MMO features failed because they were ARPGs with MMO features and how many of them failed because they were just terrible games?

Something like Devilian didn't fail because it was an ARPG with MMO features it failed because it was terrible and would have failed no matter what genre it was.

Then why has Lost Ark not been a multi-million player game?

It certainly isnt a terrible game, it's the best out of all ARPG mmorpg hybrids and it's still underperformed in Korea, where Diablo for example was hugely successful

I think the answer lies in one word. Korea. Who even wants to play yet another mediocre Korean game? 
  • volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Leave Diablo as arpg. StarCraft would fit far better into a MMORPG
    MrMelGibsonboris20
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Well I'll be damned !

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Aeander said:
    Give me a proper Diablo ARPG. No MMO mechanics. No required online connectivity. No cash shop. No auction house. And absolutely no mobile port.

Just give me a fuckdamned video game with all quality and no frills.
    Diablo 1 is still my favourite version, if they just made a game and not a GaaS moneygrab then yeah, i would be far more interested in Diablo 4, but you know what, i don't think Blizzard can help themselves. :/
    rojoArcueidLife2v
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited June 2019
    DMKano said:

laserit said:

DMKano said:

Wizbuiz said:

Honest question.

Lots - Devilian, MU, ELOA, Guardians of Ember etc.... koreans have been pumping out ARPG-mmorpg hybrids for years.

The last one is Lost Ark - while not nowhere a hit they expected it's also far from a failure.

MU didn't failed tho. It was one of the most successful games of the genre. Still has tons of players on both official server and on all those private servers. If you're talking about the recent sequel which is MU Legends, it failed because it was a bad game with tons of p2w elements in it. Not because of the genre. If you think all those games you mentioned failed because of the genre than we can say that Bless Online failed because of the same reason too. Not because the game was bad or anything right? With your logic we can say that mmorpg genre in general sucks and doomed to failure because a lot of shitty games are coming out from this genre every year. How is that sound to you?
    Life2v
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    DMKano said:

laserit said:

DMKano said:

Wizbuiz said:

Honest question.

Lots - Devilian, MU, ELOA, Guardians of Ember etc.... koreans have been pumping out ARPG-mmorpg hybrids for years.

The last one is Lost Ark - while not nowhere a hit they expected it's also far from a failure.

I took it as people wanting an actual mmorpg. Not adding features that appear in mmorpg's.

Still, are those arpg's a failure because of their included mmorpg features or because they are bad games?
    sschrupp
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Diablo is what made me get into computers and gaming. Diablo 3 made me a jaded Blizz fan. A lot of hope here but the love that made Diablo great is just not there. Now you have a franchise built to make money, not make your verse any more fun or cool.
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:

laserit said:

DMKano said:

Wizbuiz said:

Honest question.

I took it as people wanting an actual mmorpg. Not adding features that appear in mmorpg's.

Still, are those arpg's a failure because of their included mmorpg features or because they are bad games?
    It's a difficult question because the two aren't mutually exclusive. Are these bad games because they have MMORPG features? That's a distinct possibility. ARPGs are probably one of the easiest genres to get right, and these same developers could have probably made decent games if they'd just made ARPGs instead of reinventing the wheel. Does that mean that MMOARPGs are a bad idea and make for inherently bad games? I don't know, because we haven't seen a developer capable of doing it correctly yet.

Did Dynasty Warriors 9 fail because it was a bad game or because it had an open world? Similarly to the above, that's a trick question. It was bad, even by Dynasty Warriors standards because it had an open world just for the sake of having an open world.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    "Non!"  :D
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    any diablo will be fine, as long its not mobile

diablo 2 remaster !!!!!!! please
    diablo 4 i take that too. but release diablo 2 remaster right now
    boris20