Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inside Star Citizen: The PTU and You | 3.5 Ep. 9 - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Erillion said:
    The usual background noise .... and the caravan moves on. 

The truth, and the caravan moves on ignoring it.

Naysayers are occasional problem, but in this case JoeBlober posted false info and was corrected.
    rpmcmurphy

• JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

What are the chances of Joeblow works for Chris Robber.

Check his comments history. He literally only comments on Star Citizen to defend it in the most soulless manner.

Because Troll/naysayers are a cancer to any project. Joe is never tired to hammer the nail of collapse 90 days top! :)
    mmolourpmcmurphy

Psychos1s said:

When the facts turn you into a naysayer you know something is up.

In all honesty though, why bother even arguing with the guy. I mean damn any article I've ever read about SC, this geezer is always all over em like fungus in dark, damp cave.

I enjoy it every now and then, I like making them eat their words :)

Imagine freely whoring yourself out to a corporation that cannot deliver 10% of the promised product after 7 years of work and over $250 million spent...

Probably not free.  CiG was already caught red handed paying a fan site to publish only good things about them.  Odds are pretty good they're doing it for many other things too.

Except it is fake news, like Ponzi scheme, vaporware and collapse for sure. Bring more "drama" please! :)

Psychos1s said:

When the facts turn you into a naysayer you know something is up.

In all honesty though, why bother even arguing with the guy. I mean damn any article I've ever read about SC, this geezer is always all over em like fungus in dark, damp cave.

I enjoy it every now and then, I like making them eat their words :)

Imagine freely whoring yourself out to a corporation that cannot deliver 10% of the promised product after 7 years of work and over $250 million spent...

Imagine you understand how gaming industry means. Publishers keep delivering crap, spend 50M$ on a "game" (mainly a reskinned of previous one), +100 on marketing and keep profit to shareholder. Anthem is a disaster... Keep supporting the same good old industry. They spent hundred M$ to build their company... but is does not matter right, SC is and must be the bad guy :)
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    CIG needs to deliver more then a new pistol ... wtf a new pistol ... man we need a whole universe and they deliver a new pistol ...

Nontheless its working on Linux with wine like a charm, but even that is not enuff.
    Its about time for a "game" ..
    They still wipe on every new quarter, pointless to play but good to help "testing".

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    JoeBlober said:

What are the chances of Joeblow works for Chris Robber.

Check his comments history. He literally only comments on Star Citizen to defend it in the most soulless manner.

Because Troll/naysayers are a cancer to any project. Joe is never tired to hammer the nail of collapse 90 days top! :)
    Joe never gets tired at reminding everyone how in 2015 a person he disagreed with was wrong.

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520

They were suppose to take the initial funding and deliver a game that was promised on time.

Not add a bunch of things no one asked for and delay the game indefinitely while asking for more money.

No one asked for Star Citizen. Chris Roberts said he wanted to make the best space sim he could possibly make, and then asked for funds to do it. People paid on that premise and that premise alone. That is what is being done.
    mmolouErillion
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    JoeBlober said:

They were suppose to take the initial funding and deliver a game that was promised on time.

Not add a bunch of things no one asked for and delay the game indefinitely while asking for more money.

You were supposed to read Kickstarter and following events to understand the scope changed approved massively by Old and new Backers. Squadron 42 (solo) have a an expected official beta date end of Q2 2020, in 12 months. In the meantime we can keep buying unfinished Triple-A from Publishers not problem :)
    That there was "scope creep" can't be denied. And one can discuss how people voted for it and - maybe - got refunds if they were unhappy with how backers voted.

Should RSI have allowed backers to push the scope? Maybe not but there were few backers back then and more money was - well more money.

A line in the sand was drawn however. There came a point when they realised the scope couldn't be allowed to get any bigger. The current scope hasn't changed for years. And as a result the scope there is is the scope that the vast majority of backers have bought into - and expect to be delivered. In that sense talking about scope creep is a red herring. Or a red haddock in Tin Tin terminology!

And since that line in the sand its been about delivering. And buried in these forums are the chronicles of its progress. At times stuttering but progress nevertheless.

The latest step - once it leaves PTU - will be 3.5. And as I have always said the alpha is a two edged sword; shoots down the crap but also prevents hype. And - I would assume - there will be an opportunity for non-backers to try it at some point after release. 
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Having just posted on the Camelot Unchained forum about my "surprise" that CU, after recent refunds, has only raised $4.8 in backing I found myself wondering whether Mark Jacobs would appreciate the "publicity" that SC has gained from the "criticism".

As I have said previously I strongly believe that such posts have contributed to it getting new backers.

I'm not sure. Trying to imagine MJ's responses ...... 
    Erillion
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    JoeBlober said:

Imagine you understand how gaming industry means. Publishers keep delivering crap, spend 50M$ on a "game" (mainly a reskinned of previous one), +100 on marketing and keep profit to shareholder. Anthem is a disaster... Keep supporting the same good old industry. They spent hundred M$ to build their company... but is does not matter right, SC is and must be the bad guy :)

Sure publishers keep delivering crap but there are also plenty of good games developed. It has never been a one or the other situation.

The idea that if people are sceptical of Chris Roberts' claims means they are supporters of Bungie or Activision or Bethesda is just so desperate. This isn't some tribal war, there is no us vs them. It's just calling out poor returns on time and money spent.

How much they spent on building their company is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is what they deliver to their customers and that remains to be a very poor deal.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Don't you fanboys have more $1000 ships to buy that you might actually see in game 10 years from now?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Meanwhile the number of supporters is still growing strong by the thousands every week. 

:D 

"Oh num shavay, Oh num shavay, Oh num shavay, Oh num shavay, Oh num shavay, Oh num shavay, Oh num shavay, Oh num shavay, Oh num shavay!"
    WalkinGlenn
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • HeyMarceHeyMarce Member UncommonPosts: 86
    World is discovering this is a scam.

200 M $ , 7 years, and NO GAME.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    HeyMarce said:

228 M$ and growing

2,34 million fans and growing

and an Alpha version of the game many people (including me) have been playing in for years now.
    (which people can regularily check out for free during Free Flight Weekends)

500 developers  (you can meet them on gaming  events, fan events, studio tours)

Personally i do not think its a scam. And the "scam" claim is as old as the Kickstarter campaign.

Have fun
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited June 2019
    Equating every signup as someone being a fan is a huge stretch, loads of people will signup for a free-fly week, see how janky and empty the game is and not touch it again. Can we really call them fans?

Whether it's a scam or not is completely up for grabs, Sure they haven't sailed off to Monaco with all the money but they have also sold specific types of features and delivery dates and them reneged on them which is rather scammy.

Sure it's kind of playable but can anyone look at it and think it is 7 years and $250 million well spent? lol no. It is, and always will be, the poster boy for hyped crowdfunding games that fail to deliver.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Erillion said:
    HeyMarce said:

228 M$ and growing

2,34 million fans and growing

and an Alpha version of the game many people (including me) have been playing in for years now.
    (which people can regularily check out for free during Free Flight Weekends)

500 developers  (you can meet them on gaming  events, fan events, studio tours)

Personally i do not think its a scam. And the "scam" claim is as old as the Kickstarter campaign.

Have fun
    The irony to this and what no one ever discusses is what you see is what you get. So while you continually cite this as some positive its a very big negative. There is NOTHING SC related that no one hasnt seen. At least in the multi player area. Its not like theyre 'highlighting' certain systems (game system not space systems) or mechanics or areas of the universe to whet peoples appetites. Nope they have so very little to show everyone is getting it (for 'free') just to try and show 'hey we have SOMETHING that 225 million ought'. Its hilarious. JNow if they actually had a 75 or even maybe 65% 'completed' 'game' held back and were just weeding out bugs and glitches there would and should still be some criticism after all this time and money. But they don't they have 10% (maybe) of a broken and buggy prove of concept tech demo, without full persistence,or a few other things every other MMO has as a foundation. So why is what theyre showing anyone and letting them 'play' supposed to be a positive? it just highlights how very little they have achieved after (fill in amount of years from between 4 and 8 I guess) and (fill in the amount between 200 and 300 million).

Now theyre trying to spin SQ 42 as something different now, but that was supposed to be released when? They keep running the same fantasy updates and still trying to hold to some laughable time table. But as that date draws close enough to NOT be able to hit or spin (although I am sure we will have several letters from the chairmen and videos trying to) the curtain will be pulled back then as well.

People can play all the games they want with the SC 'universe' but when it comes to SQ 42 there isnt a lot of wiggle room, and its going to be the failure point to all this. Because its a single player game doesnt have n early the issues a multiplayer platform has. Yeah they take time, thats why their timetable is a joke. Because once they miss it people will cite every other project that took X amount of years and cite how Roberts and co have 'only' been 'seriously' working on SQ 42 for a few months. Thats how scams work, and they will think theyr making a legitimate argument because games do take awhile. But what they will want people to forget is that SQ 42 should have been being worked on for the same amount of time as they have been working on anything. They will also want you to forget the arguments theyre making this very day, that the money and 'assets' being worked on ARE for SQ 42 as well as the 'universe'. Which is thats the case then SQ 42 wont just be 'delayed' it probably wont ever come.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

*** shrug ***

Have fun