Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift Team Has Plans for More Incremental Content Releases Over Big Expansions

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageRift Team Has Plans for More Incremental Content Releases Over Big Expansions

The Rift forum has a new post from the gamigo development team that lays out their plans for content releases going forward. In the past, the letter begins, players have had to wait up to two years for a large expansion. Going forward, however, the goal is for more incremental content releases. This includes dungeons, raids, quests and levels coming to players more quickly. This also means that class balancing, callings, souls, abilities and items will also roll out over time.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Does this mean they hired developers? To be honest I thought they were going to focus on the cash shop and milk it for a few more years before people give up. I guess I'd like to know how big the team is now... if they have like 10-15 devs now that is like 10 more than what we had for like the last 2 years... any info?
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Aka: it's dead, Jim.
    TokkenOzmodanHarikengastovski1RoinretiredmjStrizzy12
  • Nhisso13Nhisso13 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Lol
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited June 2019
    afaik Rift has extremely good code structure - both client and server-side - and it's rather easy (and cheap) to add new content.Hopefully, new team will make some arcade elements/gameplay styles because raiding is outright depressing nowadays with its ridiculous drop chances.

Thank you for your time!

• gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    If they want me back, game dont need new content, just promise 1,2 years of server support and make the Rifts relevant again, like it was in beta when rifts droped good items.
    OzmodanSailorMom
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    You know.....this would be believable if they actually finished the last expansion up.....just saying....
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    if a tree falls in a forest
    Ozmodan
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    It is soooooooooooooooooo dead. enough is enough.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    My God, this game is not dead already?

Anyway, if they want "to draw new players into the game", I suggest them to make it like Path of Exile - only cosmetics/shared stash space for cash, the rest is free for all.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Maybe rename it Pet Cemetery.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The game world is just dead now. Trying to quest with rifts popping up everywhere with no one to help close them just really killed it.
  • retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160
    None of this is actual "content". Click baity title is click bait
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     Good to see Rift in the competent hands of Gamigo 
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    They don't need new content, they need an authentic vanilla experience. What we got last time was absolute halfassed garbage that didn't even play like release Rift. 
    gunklacker
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Reading their comment section, their players are REALLY excited....... not.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Hatefull
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited June 2019
    I really enjoyed this game when it first launched it had some great classes. It just petered out towards the upper levels. But those rifts were fun when you had a lot of people playing and they got bigger and you chased the world bosses about. I always made sure I logged off inside a building because you could come back to a full blown rift in an area you logged off.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited June 2019

This is more dead than Wildstar was. At least Wildstar had people around. I checked out Rift a couple weeks ago and it was a singleplayer MMO without the players. Except unlike black desert online (which has a ton of activity), you can't do anything solo in Rift because even Rifts are too hard without people.

https://imgur.com/a/8t5ODfC Not sure about that I did logged in a few hours ago this what I found players!. Won't say dead as Wildstar just yet.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DMKano said:
    Dont believe a word Gamigo says. They keep losing staff and haven't rehired anyone in the last 3 months. The rumor is that they will shut down both remaining ex-trion office spaces in US by the end of the year and will probably lay off all remaining staff.

Time will tell.
    Odd , that you did not have such insight to Trions demise like this, when just weeks before it you were telling us that they were having a big meeting with XL Games and the spin was something positive was coming for AA .. Then boom shutterd .... odd in deed