Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can upgrade any game of your choosing to today's graphics. Which ones do you choose?

ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6. 
rojoArcueidLeiros

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2019
    "with today's graphics" is a really vague statement. On one hand, they could look like FFXV. On the other hand, they could look like the new Battletoads lol.

EDIT: i would love to see FF6 and Suikoden get the FF7 remake visual treatment, but don't mess with the gameplay mechanics.

EDIT2: as for western games, i want Hexen.
    ScotShaddyDaddyiixviiiixAzaron_Nightbladeesc-joconnor

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Master of Orion II
    ScotShaddyDaddygunklacker

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    Some great call outs for old games there but I would never play a solo game again just because it had better graphics. A MMORPG yes, as it s as much about the guild as the game.
    ShaddyDaddygunklacker
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     Asherons Call
    ScotShaddyDaddyIselinOzmodanbcbully
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    Scorchien said:
     Asherons Call
    And AC2 not that I am greedy or anything. :)
    Scorchien
  • ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Rhoklaw said:
    Anarchy Online
    Didn't we have a graphics update coming?
  • ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    "with today's graphics" is a really vague statement. On one hand, they could look like FFXV. On the other hand, they could look like the new Battletoads lol.

EDIT: i would love to see FF6 and Suikoden get the FF7 remake visual treatment, but don't mess with the gameplay mechanics.

Suikoden was one of my favortie games. 108 stars and that death rune!

rojoArcueid
  • BoraellBoraell Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, but only if all the bugs and glitches were fixed too! Maybe Larian Studios can pick that up next....

lahnmir
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Asheron's Call 3 -- The Dragons of Dereth(with the added races from Istaria -- dragon laircrafting etc).
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    edited June 2019
    Dark Age of Camelot... and graphics should include UI.

ultimateduckIselinScotScorchienDhamon99Leirosjmcdermottuk

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Rhoklaw said:
    Anarchy Online
    This.

And the SSI Dark Sun games.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Guild Wars 1
    Jade Cocoon
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
    Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
    Shining Force 1-3
    Mass Effect Trilogy
    Dragon Age Origins
    Octagon7711Tenohira
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Tecmo Super Bowl, and I'm interpreting "today's graphics" to mean making all roster years available rather than being frozen in the early 1990s.
    WhySoSeriousPalebane
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Quizzical said:
    Tecmo Super Bowl, and I'm interpreting "today's graphics" to mean making all roster years available rather than being frozen in the early 1990s.
    I would love to see what a tecmo football game would look like today, TBH though playing with early 90's rosters sounds kind of fun right about now.... 

Crimson Skies High road to Revenge
    Knights of the Republic
    Omni Play Horse Racing
    Street Rod

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, awesome game and I still play it from time to time.
    httpsuploadwikimediaorgwikipediaencc3Dark_Messiah_of_Might_and_Magic_Coverartpng
    LimnicSovrath

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,267
    Dark Age of Camelot

Dhamon99Leiros
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Rhoklaw said:
    Anarchy Online
    Didn't we have a graphics update coming?
    THey did do an update but it's nowhere near today's standards....It looks like they went from 2002 to 2005 graphics..
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Quizzical said:
    I look at the Madden series which is still going in 2019....THe graphics are top notch but the gameplay just isn't that fun to me....While the graphics were very crude, the gameplay in tecmo was enjoyable.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I'm in a real retro mood today, so I will toss out some Microprose games.  X-Com 1 & 2, Master of Magic, Master of Orion 1 (I liked it better than MOO2), and Colonization.  A great studio with a legacy of some phenomenal games, even if I didn't mention Civilization 1.

And because you've all been so good (well, we can pretend; we're role players, right?), some Sierra goodies too -- Ceasar 3 and Alien Legacy (really underrated, but a very solid city construction game mixed into the adventure/mystery).

gunklacker

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    edited June 2019
    Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance. 

Its feature list dunks all over modern grand strategy games, and if it had graphics to rival Total War, Creative Assembly would go out of business. 
    MendelRelampagoMaurgrim
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Darkfall
    Existentialist
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    EQ and DAoC.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Hunter the Reckoning
    Nightmare Creatures 1&2
    Siphon Filter
    Deus Ex 1
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance. 

Its feature list dunks all over modern grand strategy games, and if it had graphics to rival Total War, Creative Assembly would go out of business. 
    I've got that one.  Good D&D game in a mix of several strategy games.  It definitely needs an update.  Another Sierra game, too.

If you want another D&D strategy game desperately in need of modernization, look at Stronghold (SSI).  Or less strategy any more pure story-based D&D role playing, any of the Gold Box series, also from SSI.  The Gold Box games were great, but really haven't held up well.  Even DosBox has issues with some of these.

If obscure strategy games are your thing, try to find a copy of Emperor of the Fading Suns.  It needs graphic and a game play overhaul.

Caffynated

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.