Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard SHOULD have a secret World of Warcraft 2 in the making.

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
edited June 2019 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM

Remember the saying "all or nothing"….. At this point, it's the only thing that will work successfully. 

Putting aside the fact that nothing mmorpg is a great economical investment.  But a paradox to this is IT CAN BE even with the cost of everything being sky high. 

Simplified math example: 

It would take 50 million dollars to make 200 million….. This is what it comes down too. And it will work.

Defying logic for all the marketing experts here and everywhere.  Some times you have to put down the calculator and simply think !! 

The way I see it everything in this world that could be invented is already done….. But this is a paradox too, meaning more things will be invented but they will defy logic and most will not sound like a good investment.  

Take the smart phone for example… If you grew up in the 70s where you only had wired landlines, you would be considered crazy if you ever told people everyone will be walking around with a full hand held computer that's also a phone that could take pictures and scan bar codes…. It's a paradox defying logic !!

Defying logic will work for mmorpg's.  Unfortunately it would take the largest Investment in video game history.  IT WILL WORK….. If not, if no hope, why are we still here talking about it ?.... It's are last chance. 

So I pose a question!....Who is capable of defying logic and make an all out mmorpg ?

-Blizzard ( be #1 twice )

-ArinaNet

-Microsoft

I'll leave you with this,

If you’re a nay slayer, and argue against this….. Why post on mmorpg.com ?

Simply to talk about the past or crush everyones dreams ? 

Post edited by delete5230 on
mmolouGdemamiXarkoPalebane[Deleted User]

Comments

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    gaming trends change. It's hard really to predict the tastes of the gaming public. WoW 1 had the benefit of landing first on a non-saturated market. WoW 2... who knows what the future gamers will want?
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Have they even got classic out the door? I keep thinking they have as there is so much talk about it and then I realise it is still yet to come out. So maybe they need to get that out the door first. :)

The second iteration of a MMO does not always work that well, look at EQ2 or GW2, Of those two I preferred EQ2 though it was GW2 that was a "success", in terms of player numbers anyway. AC2 never stayed the course, it is a minefield.

For me it would be the same game with new graphics, I think that would work better than a whole new world as they do not seem to work as well as some would think they will.
    ShaddyDaddy
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Galadourn said:
    gaming trends change. It's hard really to predict the tastes of the gaming public. WoW 1 had the benefit of landing first on a non-saturated market. WoW 2... who knows what the future gamers will want?
    This is true. 
    Thats why I list three companies that MAY take the risk.
    If not were done.... We need hope and this is where the hope will come from. 
  • Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    I honestly think, Blizzard are using the classic relaunch as a test bed to see how players react to older mechanics. It seems like it's finally dawned on them that the constant streamlining of everything has gone too far and taken away from the MMO experience.

You can see from the articles on here lately, devs talking about how ability pruning was too much and asking whether a level squish is viable. I think if classic is a hit they'll take the ideas from it and roll with em.

It's too late for them to change this sort of thing in retail, Pandora's box was opened and there ain't no closing it now.
    Galadourndelete5230ShaddyDaddyScotHatefull
    Psychos1s said:
    I honestly think, Blizzard are using the classic relaunch as a test bed to see how players react to older mechanics. It seems like it's finally dawned on them that the constant streamlining of everything has gone too far and taken away from the MMO experience.

You can see from the articles on here lately, devs talking about how ability pruning was too much and asking whether a level squish is viable. I think if classic is a hit they'll take the ideas from it and roll with em.

It's too late for them to change this sort of thing in retail, Pandora's box was opened and there ain't no closing it now.
    Bingo !!!!!! 
    Was thinking the same thing :)
    In the Southern part of my country is a saying 
    " The South will rise again "

I think this is Blizzard's motto too :) 

The industry is now WIDE OPEN....History will repeat itself
    OG_Zorvan said:
    If they made WoW 2, I'd never touch it. I could honestly say not hearing "Warcraft" ever again  would be a blessing. There's such a thing as "running it into the ground" and Blizzard has done that.
    Me thinks..... It would be much different.
    Their smart people that would understand this fact.  
  • ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Must be Friday. *Throws a dart* World of Warcraft! *Throws a dart* Future technology! *Throws a dart* Defies logic! *Throws last dart* Ohhhh man, it got stuck between Microsoft and ArenaNet! POST!
    Hatefull
    Must be Friday. *Throws a dart* World of Warcraft! *Throws a dart* Future technology! *Throws a dart* Defies logic! *Throws last dart* Ohhhh man, it got stuck between Microsoft and ArenaNet! POST!
    What would you like to talk about ?
    I would like to honestly know, what is it you truly want from a game? I don't give a crap about your or mine or anyone's opinion on the MMO industry. I don't want to hear what you THINK they should do. I genuinely want to know, What makes you happy when you play a video game? I don't care if it is a MMO or single player game or a lobby game. I genuinely want to know/care about what makes you happy. 
    I would like to honestly know, what is it you truly want from a game? I don't give a crap about your or mine or anyone's opinion on the MMO industry. I don't want to hear what you THINK they should do. I genuinely want to know, What makes you happy when you play a video game? I don't care if it is a MMO or single player game or a lobby game. I genuinely want to know/care about what makes you happy. 
    I think it's crystal clear...... A FULL all out mmorpg !

This is an optimistic post !

Everyone here would agree, now that we got that out of the way. What do you want !
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    Why bother?  What is the benefit on making a new mmorpg when you can spend that resource improving the one you have.

Or my question is what do you think Wow 2 can do that Wow 1 can't already do? 
    zeroscloudHatefull

Everyone here would agree, now that we got that out of the way. What do you want !
    I... I don't think you read my response. I asked you what do you want from a game, then my follow on question was what makes you happy when you play a game.  I didn't ask anything about a MMO. How about this. What is your FAVORITE video game? Of all time.
    edited June 2019
    AAAMEOW said:
    Why bother?  What is the benefit on making a new mmorpg when you can spend that resource improving the one you have.

Or my question is what do you think Wow 2 can do that Wow 1 can't already do? 
    More the point being.... it would have to come from a large company.  Most likely and logically it would be from someone already in the industry or software.

Using wow 2 is an exaggeration of this. However Blizzard would be the largest contender. 
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Stop this nonsense now lol & they should be making a World of Starcraft like Blizzard should had done many years ago.
    PalebaneMrMelGibson

You have to be more specific also with what I want. I kind of feel like you are deflecting.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    OG_Zorvan said:
    If they made WoW 2, I'd never touch it. I could honestly say not hearing "Warcraft" ever again  would be a blessing. There's such a thing as "running it into the ground" and Blizzard has done that.
    Those ppl are the first to buy the pre order CE.
    ShaddyDaddydelete5230

foppotee said:
    Stop this nonsense now lol & they should be making a World of Starcraft like Blizzard should had done many years ago.
    I'm with you, Starcraft is a great example. 

Feel free to add more suggestions because this is pro active :)
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503

Wasn't going to comment till I read that part.  I am a naysayer in this respect an I have as much right to post my opinions as you do that is why I am going to post. 

There is no way they would even consider doing this at this point.  Why would they want to compete with their own game?  Making WoW 2.0 is not going to bring all those people back who have unsubbed at this point.  They would be better off making another game in an entirely different IP than WoW. 

Hell they have started an scraped more than one game already.
    Hatefull
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    i want titan.
    delete5230

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

k61977 said:

Wasn't going to comment till I read that part.  I am a naysayer in this respect an I have as much right to post my opinions as you do that is why I am going to post. 

There is no way they would even consider doing this at this point.  Why would they want to compete with their own game?  Making WoW 2.0 is not going to bring all those people back who have unsubbed at this point.  They would be better off making another game in an entirely different IP than WoW. 

Hell they have started an scraped more than one game already.
    Lets explore this.... It's by far not the first time this was discussed.

ANY company would realize an award winning product will have an end. 
    SOMEDAY this will come, when is another subject but it WILL END !

Survival or better yet re-doing that can "pack a punch" can reset and bring the company to NEW again..... It's like saying be number one twice !..... Blizzard has the money and the know how to do it :)

Being exactly WoW 2 ?.... Wouldn't recommend it.

Key words here:
    Be #1 twice !
    In what ways could WoW 2 improve on the original WoW? How should it be different in your opinion?
    I say WoW 2 to pack a punch, meaning Blizzard. 

New lore, new world, new fantasy...... Hell, keep the same formula of abilities and style format (I would recommend classic difficulty)  Think outside the box with a new mmorpg...... Blizzard but not WoW, they have the money and resources, and are simply in the business.

This is my suggestion, their are many others.
    In what ways could WoW 2 improve on the original WoW? How should it be different in your opinion?

New lore, new world, new fantasy...... Hell, keep the same formula of abilities and style format (I would recommend classic difficulty)  Think outside the box with a new mmorpg...... Blizzard but not WoW, they have the money and resources, and are simply in the business.

I finally get what you want. You want Blizzard to create a new MMO that isn't based on WoW lore. You want them to create a new game that gives the same feeling of classic at the get. Your WoW 2.0 isn't world of warcraft, but a game that gives the same feeling playing it as a fresh game.
    delete5230
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    A WoW 2 IMO wouldn't make much sense unless they are planning to release for next gen consoles as well, in which case i'd play the hell out of it.

As for current WoW, they are better off improving it and not try to replace it.
    hallucigenocide

I finally get what you want. You want Blizzard to create a new MMO that isn't based on WoW lore. You want them to create a new game that gives the same feeling of classic at the get. Your WoW 2.0 isn't world of warcraft, but a game that gives the same feeling playing it as a fresh game.
    I think it's want we all want.... But it doesn't have to come from Blizzard.  Blizzard is established,  rich and motivated.  High degree of pulling it off, but you have ArinaNet and Microsoft... Feel free to add your own suggestive company :)