Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inside Star Citizen: The PTU and You | 3.5 Ep. 9 - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageInside Star Citizen: The PTU and You | 3.5 Ep. 9 - MMORPG.com

The latest Inside Star Citizen is out and about this Friday morning. This time, Associate Creative Producer Jared Huckaby introduces several segments, the first of which is about an in-development pistol and an SMG, both of which will arrive in 3.6.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Love the look, more gameplay please. :)
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Humm, I thought I bought a space ship not a pistol and an SMG ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Those ships that were ordered years ago can wait...
    XarkoErillion

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Glad to see they are adding a train system. Trains are way better than starships...

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 486
    They were suppose to take the initial funding and deliver a game that was promised on time.

Not add a bunch of things no one asked for and delay the game indefinitely while asking for more money.
    Phoenix_HawkViper482
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited June 2019
    A peek at the train system.

...nice priorities, there.
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

They were suppose to take the initial funding and deliver a game that was promised on time.

Not add a bunch of things no one asked for and delay the game indefinitely while asking for more money.

You were supposed to read Kickstarter and following events to understand the scope changed approved massively by Old and new Backers. Squadron 42 (solo) have a an expected official beta date end of Q2 2020, in 12 months. In the meantime we can keep buying unfinished Triple-A from Publishers not problem :)
    mmolouPhoenix_Hawk
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    World of Warcraft /train emote. Whoo whooooooo!

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited June 2019
    Ah yes, the infamous scope vote.

The actual vote was about leaving the tracker up on the website and how continuing to raise money would allow them to recruit more staff and therefore build a bigger game but most importantly build it faster.

Chris had to increase the scope because even back then he had promised far more than he could deliver on the money he'd been given. His only option was to cut stuff out or build a bigger game by chasing more money and as we all know he chose the latter.

mmolou
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    JoeBlober said:

You were supposed to read Kickstarter and following events to understand the scope changed approved massively by Old and new Backers. Squadron 42 (solo) have a an expected official beta date end of Q2 2020, in 12 months. In the meantime we can keep buying unfinished Triple-A from Publishers not problem :)
    Because asking rabid fans on your forum whether they want more is such a great way to get considered opinions.  It's the same bovine droppings as the last hundred+ times you've regurgitated the party line.

Just like quoting a 'expected' release date for something from CIG is so relevant, when compared to their previous history of missing so many of their other claims.

And CIG is the king of unfinished.  The most money spent in development of a game, and still years off, at best.   Because of CIG's 'King'.....

Phoenix_Hawk

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    JoeBlober said:

I noticed you didn't actually include a quote or a screenshot.  Probably because what you said doesn't jive with actual reality on what that poll was actually about or what was actually stated during the actual events that transpired.
    mmolou
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 486
    edited June 2019
    What are the chances of Joeblow works for Chris Robber.

Check his comments history. He literally only comments on Star Citizen to defend it in the most soulless manner.
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Wow, that map video on Chronicles of Elyria and now this! A big news week for our most loved games!

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• MegasStarMegasStar Member UncommonPosts: 16
    No more WIPE / ADD more players to servers . Fu...k rest !!!
    LeFantome
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    "tinted impact effects that allows particles to inherit the color of the surface they're being shot at"

This one should drive the trolls bananas. 

"ARRG wtf just finish the game we never asked for colored particles ahhhh!!!"

Ah yes, the infamous scope vote.

The actual vote was about leaving the tracker up on the website and how continuing to raise money would allow them to recruit more staff and therefore build a bigger game but most importantly build it faster.

Chris had to increase the scope because even back then he had promised far more than he could deliver on the money he'd been given. His only option was to cut stuff out or build a bigger game by chasing more money and as we all know he chose the latter.

Sure... No surprise that naysayer recreate history. +80% to say YES to new scope followed by +30M$ on average, every single years since then and 1.2 Million backers at mid-2019.

Scope change have been totally rejected :)
    rpmcmurphymmolouErillion

Tiamat64 said:

JoeBlober said:

I noticed you didn't actually include a quote or a screenshot.  Probably because what you said doesn't jive with actual reality on what that poll was actually about or what was actually stated during the actual events that transpired.

No need of screenshot. Vote result are on internet as well as funding since Nov. 2012. You can troll as you want about reality, that won't change facts :)
    mmolouErillion
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited June 2019
    JoeBlober said:

Tiamat64 said:

JoeBlober said:

No need of screenshot. Vote result are on internet as well as funding since Nov. 2012. You can troll as you want about reality, that won't change facts :)
    You're the one trolling about reality and getting the facts wrong (or something far more insidious).  Which is why you aren't providing screenshots.
    mmolouErillion
    edited June 2019
    JoeBlober said:

Sure... No surprise that naysayer recreate history. +80% to say YES to new scope followed by +30M$ on average, every single years since then and 1.2 Million backers at mid-2019.

Not even a naysayer Joe, I'm just speaking the facts and showing that whiteknights like yourself are full of bantha poodoo.

But anyway don't take my word for it, let's see what Chris had to say in the vote in question (September 2013)

Finally there is one very important element – the more funds we can raise in the pre-launch phase, the more we can invest in additional content (more ships, characters etc.) and perhaps more importantly we can apply greater number of resources to the various tasks to ensure we deliver the full functionality sooner rather than later.

Q: What should we do with the crowdfunding counter after we reach our goal?
    1. 5% - Take the funds raised counter down after $23 million (mission achieved!)

2. 7% - Have the funding counter display the amount towards the current stretch goal / feature, not the total amount once we reach $23M.

3. 88% - Keep it up through development and continue to offer stretch goal rewards in addition to extra features and development milestones.

(Total Votes: 21076 - 8% of Citizens, 12% of alpha backers)

So, as you can see, the vote was for keeping the counter up and continuing to offer stretch goals so they could deliver full functionality sooner than later.

mmolou
  • Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    JoeBlober said:

Not even a naysayer Joe, I'm just speaking the facts and showing that whiteknights like yourself are full of bantha poodoo.

But anyway don't take my word for it, let's see what Chris had to say in the vote in question (September 2013)

Finally there is one very important element – the more funds we can raise in the pre-launch phase, the more we can invest in additional content (more ships, characters etc.) and perhaps more importantly we can apply greater number of resources to the various tasks to ensure we deliver the full functionality sooner rather than later.

Q: What should we do with the crowdfunding counter after we reach our goal?
    1. 5% - Take the funds raised counter down after $23 million (mission achieved!)

2. 7% - Have the funding counter display the amount towards the current stretch goal / feature, not the total amount once we reach $23M.

3. 88% - Keep it up through development and continue to offer stretch goal rewards in addition to extra features and development milestones.

(Total Votes: 21076 - 8% of Citizens, 12% of alpha backers)

So, as you can see, the vote was for keeping the counter up and continuing to offer stretch goals so they could deliver full functionality sooner than later.

When the facts turn you into a naysayer you know something is up.

In all honesty though, why bother even arguing with the guy. I mean damn any article I've ever read about SC, this geezer is always all over em like fungus in dark, damp cave.
    mmolou
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    well we are getting to 2020... :), remember when that was a joke? now 2023 seems like a proper release date haha. Anyway, full release 2030. Cu in the universe citizens!

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

Psychos1s said:

In all honesty though, why bother even arguing with the guy. I mean damn any article I've ever read about SC, this geezer is always all over em like fungus in dark, damp cave.

I enjoy it every now and then, I like making them eat their words :)

Imagine freely whoring yourself out to a corporation that cannot deliver 10% of the promised product after 7 years of work and over $250 million spent...

Psychos1s
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited June 2019

Psychos1s said:

I enjoy it every now and then, I like making them eat their words :)

Imagine freely whoring yourself out to a corporation that cannot deliver 10% of the promised product after 7 years of work and over $250 million spent...

Probably not free.  CiG was already caught red handed paying a fan site to publish only good things about them.  Odds are pretty good they're doing it for many other things too.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    The usual background noise .... and the caravan moves on. 

Meanwhile the number of supporters is still growing strong by the thousands every week. 

Have fun

JoeBloberrpmcmurphy
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Erillion said:
    The usual background noise .... and the caravan moves on. 

Meanwhile the number of supporters is still growing strong by the thousands every week. 

Have fun

In what universe would ANYONE new join this trainwreck (pun intended)? I want to know if there is a secret contest for the guy who has created the most 'citizen' accounts to continue to bump up the counter.

Its been around for 7 years, isnt a game and has been shown to be a scam for quite awhile now. This latest addition just shows theyre not serious at all in delivering an actual SPACE game.

Thye have basically done evrything they can and its clearly and obviously not enough to be a game, so they just keep inventing things to add that they can sort of kind do, at least enough to be seen as 'working' (which is code for buggy as hell but its still 'alpha' {which it really isnt}).

If they really thought they could make more money in FINISHING something they would do it. Which to me shows they cant. That was the ORIGINAL criticism of this whole project...it was impossible. But the clowns who are being paid to post nonsense take the dozen or so things they have spent 200 mil on as 'proof' it can be done. What they have (for 200 million) doesnt even qualify as anything. thats why this whole 'PTU" is nothing more than a tech demo proof of concept  medium.

Every time they think they make 'big' news it just shows they are in an aimless spiral making shit up now that is completely ridiculous just to keep the money train (again pun intended) running.
    ErillionWalkinGlenn