Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO reached 13.5 million players

2»

Comments

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    whoa! a lot of Salt in this thread idk why though? I thought people were happy about ESO? 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited June 2019
    Sovrath said:
    What does that really mean? "Lifetime" players?

This smacks to me of 13.5 million accounts made.
    That's pretty much exactly what that means.

13.5 million people have made accounts, of which some untold number are currently playing.

It's a ridiculous numbers-flexing game that means nothing. But, ya know.. players are super impressed by big numbers, so they use the biggest ones they've got.

The thing is, it makes it seem like ZOS is embarassed to show the number of active players, and they really needn't be. ESO's population is very active. Enough so that I've taken a break from the game because it's too damn laggy most of the time. It's been steadily growing over time as word spread how it turned around from its launch. There's been a big uptick since the Elsweyr announcement in particular.

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Most likely that 13.5m figure is based-off of a lifetime of accounts created, but still nice number so congrats.  My only recent compalaint about ESO is a couple of weeks ago I viewed their live-stream on Twitch, linked my account, then didn't get the free mount & boxes from Zenimax so defintiely not resubbing.  When gaming companies market like that there should be some sort of accountability.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    foppotee said:
    Most likely that 13.5m figure is based-off of a lifetime of accounts created, but still nice number so congrats.  My only recent compalaint about ESO is a couple of weeks ago I viewed their live-stream on Twitch, linked my account, then didn't get the free mount & boxes from Zenimax so defintiely not resubbing.  When gaming companies market like that there should be some sort of accountability.
    Make a ticket.  They have been responding to tickets now and giving the items.  Got mine today after my ticket.
    foppotee
  • Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Ive actually got back into this game....I played back when it was launched and i got to say its gotten 100% better...Im actually lovin the game now...Hated it back then....LOL
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    edited June 2019
    Torval said:
    Horusra said:
    gervaise1 said:
    Remali said:
    ESO 13.5m accounts ff14 16m BDO 18.5 and wow.... it had 100m several years ago wouldn't be surprised if it has 150m now.
    Don't take me for a wow fanboy far from it never liked the game but its obvious who the king of mmos is at least account wise
    So Runequest then? 

Runequest would be around 0 as a MMORPG....Runescape is F2P where as the ones listed are B2P or B2Sub.
    All of those B2P games have had free trials several times, easily bumping their numbers up.

Here's the article. https://www.mmorpg.com/news/activision-blizzard-beats-q1-2019-expectations-1000052377

King has 272M active users every month. That's more than ESO, BDO, FF14, WoW, and all the rest of Activision (41M) and Blizzard (32M) users combined, in just one month.

It kind of puts the phone comment in context. I still think it was a dumb thing to say in the context of the moment, but if you think about the numbers he's seen it really makes sense. He knows we have phones.

Can you see how Runescape being F2P doesn't invalidate its numbers. It's like King. The numbers are so huge they don't need to generate $15/mo minimum ARPU per user.

I can see Live WoW going B2P like ESO. They already have a huge cash shop. The optional sub would provide more perks and access to the Classic servers.
    WoW would have to do a lot to have a "hugh" cash shop when compared to ESO, but I did not think about the free trial numbers.  That is a good point.  When was the last time WoW or FF gave out accounts made?
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848
    klash2def said:
    whoa! a lot of Salt in this thread idk why though? I thought people were happy about ESO? 
    Salt? What salt? What are you talking about? Who in the hell is "salty" in this thread?

Show me who was salty and when? Because I hope you arent suggesting that people pointing out that the article is in reference to total lifetime accounts created are being "salty".
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Definitely over-inflated marketing BS but ESO has been a juggernaut in the market space that has continually gained traction, that is a fact.  

I think a large portion of the reason is because they have done a great job of building on their content rather than the vertical approach of every every other game where content becomes invalidated.  

I don't play ESO for other reasons but man I still have to admit it's an incredible game.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    I'm more interested in this Runequest MMORPG someone mentioned above.
  • ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    There seems to be an awful lot of petty sniping here. I don't play ESO any more because I despise loot boxes and dislike the way they raise money in game. But the game is not free to play, so accounts mean something, and it's clearly popular with others.
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Horusra said:
    foppotee said:
    Make a ticket.  They have been responding to tickets now and giving the items.  Got mine today after my ticket.
    Thanks for the suggestion, Horusra, I'll give it a try tomorrow.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    edited June 2019
    ESO has had trials but those accounts are not counted toward the 13.5m number.

As far as I can gather ESO is populated on every platform the game is on. 

At this point they should really thinking about an ESO2.. With the game gaining traction the way it is it could be a good time to start working on it. Better engine , Better graphics , cloth physics etc to put it over the top. Things the current engine isnt capable of doing.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    SlyLoK said:

At this point they should really thinking about an ESO2.. With the game gaining traction the way it is it could be a good time to start working on it. Better engine , Better graphics , cloth physics etc to put it over the top. Things the current engine isnt capable of doing.
    I bought the game but didn't play very long...i'm guessing I count as one of those 13.5M..... If they do make a second one, please go back to the gameplay that the ES games used to have. Whatever you want to call ESO, it was not an ES game.
    StoneRosesSlyLoKAgent_Joseph
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    SlyLoK said:

I bought the game but didn't play very long...i'm guessing I count as one of those 13.5M..... If they do make a second one, please go back to the gameplay that the ES games used to have. Whatever you want to call ESO, it was not an ES game.
    Same!
    Agent_Joseph
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    SlyLoK said:

It is more of an ES game TO ME than Oblivion and most definitely Skyrim was.. Those games were just straight action games with ES stamped on it. 
    Agent_JosephBeansnBreadboris20Iselin
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    If anyone quits be sure to send your stuffs to @Gutlard mkai?!

Maybe I'll be ingame rich for once.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Nothing like a thread about good subs to bring all the fans...and the other guys out to play. ;)