Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for something relaxing

2»

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    I am agreed for LOTRO,it is just awesome world ,relaxing,mostly friendly community ...  playing slowly relaxed
    I agree on that as well, doing Shire on a fresh alt is my way of chilling... or playing music in-game.

However it's a question heavily subjective, depends on taste. Some find Truck Sim (or even Flight Sim, with 8-10 real hours long flights) a zen-like experience, others not so much.
    Some find the grind relaxing, others hate it. I know of a player who uses Diablo for it and can trash mobs for hours in a half-sleep kinda state. To each their own...

Mighty, just try out a few and find the one works for you the best. Sovrath mentioned Flower, it's very zen-like, just like its precursor Flow. There is Shelter if you need a bit more action. Far: Lone Sails can be fun and relaxing too.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IMO to be non stressful it would have to be a turn based game,anything not persistent.This means you can take a break anytime,grab a snack anytime,go to the RR anytime and not worry about dying or letting your teammates down.

So for that i still play VERY old games like the Shining series or Langrisser 2.Inside of Steam there are some mods to games,so i change it up with the Shining Series often playing a modded version of the games.

This might also lean towards why i like Atlas so much,some days i am gung ho doing combat stuff but other times  i simply relax and just build stuff.So i might build a ship "any of them" or i might build a dock,a house,platforms,just building anything is relaxing and can look cool and let your artistic side out.
    To me the best most obvious relaxing is watching comedy,when i need to wind down I'll simply put on many saved comedy shows i have.

Many Russel peter's skits
    Sebastion Maniscalco
    Matt Capparulo
    John Pinette
    Brian Regan
    Louie Anderson to name a few.
    I also love watching some old TV shows,Cheers,Friends,Old Tim Conway stuff with Harvey korman is fun,I even loved the old In Living Color skits as well as many of the Who's Line is it shows.

So you can see there are MANY things to simply relax,have a laugh,i would definitely suggest changing it up from gaming.I have a very diverse lifestyle,i even love watching old sports games,like Stanley Cup games,MMA,Baseball games,Football games,geesh i'll even watch Bowling or stuff like Penn N Teller for magic acts.

AlBQuirkyPhaserlight

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Nelson-zbitNelson-zbit Newbie CommonPosts: 26
    Devil Star series from Mountain King Games, free, moderate difficulty,simple playing methods.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    edited June 2019
    I have two very different philisophies for stress relief games, and it comes down to what I am feeling at the moment:

Mindless and EASY hack and slash games (like Diablo or Dynasty Warriors, the latter of which being my guilty pleasure).

Slow paced, soothing turn based JRPGs like Persona, Octopath, or Dragon Quest. Games which don't demand a lot of moment to moment attention from you, have great music, and generally friendly atmospheres. Persona 5 in particular is super chill.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    You could try Factorio. You have to build and maintain a factory on an alien planet.

Phaserlight

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    I'll add Dragonquest XI

I had seen a review saying it was a "chill game." And it really is. It's very enjoyable on a sort of "weird" level if one is not used to jrpg's.
    [Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Sovrath said:
    I'll add Dragonquest XI

I had seen a review saying it was a "chill game." And it really is. It's very enjoyable on a sort of "weird" level if one is not used to jrpg's.
    Very much so.

And I recommend Persona 5 for similar reasons. Weird aesthetic, music that shifts between relaxing and smooth acid Jazz, and touching character friendships. The unpredictability and replayability actually comes from the real world social part of the game, not the linear JRPG dungeons, and building your friendships and simulating student life are all uniquely relaxing.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I'm a bit weird in that I really enjoy competitive games while I"m stressed so I play a lot of team shooters (CSGO, Battalion 1944) and Rocket League. 

But for times not like that I absolutely love SRPGs like the Disgaea series,Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics, or even the newer Xcom games. They have a lot of time in between actions, don't really require much attention other than planning and are really relaxing to me. 
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    edited June 2019
    Not a game, but got the perfect music track.

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    My dad the psy would say you need a creative outlet and to work on life choices that put you into stress. Me id say to get laid.
    PhaserlightSovrathAlBQuirky
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    edited June 2019
    Any game on normal mode today is relaxing, you are only meant to have "fun" after all so it is going to be chill out for difficulty.

Serious suggestion, driving games have been mentioned quite a bit and fishing. No sailing or other relaxing hobbies though, that must be similar, you could do those if such games exist.

P.S. OP posted on May 29, hopefully he is chilled out now. :)
    AlBQuirky
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Vendetta Online can be relaxing depending on how you play.  At least one has used it as a form of PTSD relief, although that's sort of an extreme case.  I know you've had your eye on it before.

If you really want to deep dive you could try a walking simulator like Proteus.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    edited June 2019
    WarWitch said:
    My dad the psy would say you need a creative outlet and to work on life choices that put you into stress. Me id say to get laid.
    Could that be construed as "creative?" hehehehe

Also, I agree with @Scot that I hope you're relaxed by now ;)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR