Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why aren't there more augmented reality games?

2»

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    AAAMEOW said:
    iixviiiix said:
    How about ghost buster AR game where you go around , hunting digital ghost by shoot them using your phone while playing 80s ghost buster theme ?
    The games are out there.  Ghost buster world.  There is also walking dead our world.  

People aren't playing them.  I presume almost everyone is playing pokemon go.  So not likely other "similar" AR games will get popular.  

I think minecraft AR might be popular since it could be very different from pokemon go.
    Like @Jakdstripper Ingress was the only one that really got me from an aesthetic standpoint.  I still have it installed on my S6 but I haven't logged in for a while.  I'm sure the AI assistant is "beginning to worry" about me  :D

It's a cool game but unfortunately the floor seems to drop out after a certain point in terms of items you need versus items you earn by playing.  It's probably a p2W gimmick but I really can't be bothered with any of that.

I think AR games aren't more prominent because as it stands there's only so much one can do in the AR gamespace.  'Go here, interact with this real world thing which has a digital analog in our game' is about the limit.  Ingress seems to have the best take so far.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• Nelson-zbitNelson-zbit Newbie CommonPosts: 26
    1.The AR tech is not mature yet.
    2. Legendary IPs are few, and fewer suitable of AR Games.