Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Rise of Azshara Patch Notes, Survival Guide & Mechagon, Nazjatar Zone Preview - M

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageWorld of Warcraft: Rise of Azshara Patch Notes, Survival Guide & Mechagon, Nazjatar Zone Preview - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft is gearing up for the release of the Rise of Azshara update next week. They've released a ton of information today including the official patch notes, the normal "survival guide" for the content expansion and previews of the Nazjatar and Mechagon quest zones.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    This was the first expansion i failed to hit cap before quitting, I'm watching this video and i suddenly have a itch to play, someone talk me out of it quick.
    NoxiousBassRain_DeathravenDiscipledOne
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    I like how there's all this back story and retconned lore about a character who was never in game and whose original zone launched unfinished and was eventually repurposed.

Really scraping the bottom of the story barrel these last few expansions.
    retiredmj
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

This was the first expansion i failed to hit cap before quitting, I'm watching this video and i suddenly have a itch to play, someone talk me out of it quick.

Worst expansion definitely, but the first month was fun. Hoping this will make me want to log again.
    SBFord
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065

The grind. Just think of the crap grind they want you to go through. Don't get duped.
    JeffSpicoliGeddon95405
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240

Think about how they did a "survival guide" to cater some groups.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Grinding AP.  Island Expeditions.  You're welcome. ;)

• Deadrites87Deadrites87 Member UncommonPosts: 94
    No significant class design changes= no sub
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    If you couldn't play it 18-20 hours without quitting then you have no reason to come back.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    oh geez, flying can be unlocked again, again!
    Palebane
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2019
    I've been noticing that all these "prep guides" are forgetting the most important step before you can even access your character to do all that 'prep-work'.....re-subbing.

There's only 2 static things this patch that people who have any intention of playing some point in the future for an actual month should do: get flight and essences, since those are things that wont change regardless of when you decide to play. Outside of that, the benthic gear is pretty much useless since all it does is give you a fake carrot to chance until 8.3 when it all becomes useless again even if you manage to get it all to 425 by then. Ion didn't realize that systems like this were put in place in the LAST major patch of an expansion because that's when most people find a reason to play. That's when the last raid is out and that's the highest gear will get until the next expansion, so you can actually have the gear for a year-ish instead of replacing it in 3 months via a damn warfront or world quest. I get that they are desperate to get people back but this is pretty low.

Also, isn't that mechagon mount or whatever you work on, just a ground mount? If it is.....gg for trying to hype a new ground mount when you're adding flight to the game....I guess they're trying to hype it for 8.3 when they add a new area to the game that doesn't have flight for 'lore reasons.'
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257

I´m on the same boat, lol!
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Bring it on.  About time.