Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Killsquad Futuristic ARPG Reveals Cass, a Highly Mobile Damage Dealer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Killsquad Futuristic ARPG Reveals Cass, a Highly Mobile Damage Dealer

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Puzzles me how you get awards before you launch your game, but they have some. Good enough for the wish list I think. :)
    XingbairongRueTheWhirl
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Scot said:
    Puzzles me how you get awards before you launch your game, but they have some. Good enough for the wish list I think. :)
    Gameplay looks solid & Diablo-ish with a Starcraft vibe. I've wishlisted it too.
    Xingbairong

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited June 2019
    Shouldn't use "mobile" word anywhere near PC game...

ARPG with dash mechanic, finally.
    Scotgastovski1

Thank you for your time!

• bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204
    "this is not the future you dreamt of" ...ok.... I'll just move along then....
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    edited June 2019
    With all the freedom you have when making your own Sci-fi IP it is strange that you make a class that uses a sword!
    The characters also look technically low quality and neither very interesting nor fresh.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    another ARPG? ugh. On the fence for this one..... ARPG are becoming so common..... same ole same ole

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    looks nice but its a hard pass, every hunt u start at lvl 1 so its basically moba style lvling id rather not play!
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Torval said:

This looks like ass. The huge circle reticule and directional arrow overlays look hideous. This looks like a bad mobile port.

Holy crap I thought you were joking. Even the way you select things look like a mobile port (like when the skills appear on the side of the screen).
    [Deleted User]
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

SBFord said:

Scot said:

Gameplay looks solid & Diablo-ish with a Starcraft vibe. I've wishlisted it too.

So I wasn't the only one that got a Starcraft vibe.
    Honestly it doesn't look bad, but I've promised myself to actually bother paying attention to games only when they are close to an actual launch...
    SBFord
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Anyone ever played Alienation? I had a blast with that game. Simple, fun. As much as I am waiting for an in depth ARPG to launch, I feel this could be enjoyable, though I sense its shallow with its character progression and game depth. 
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited June 2019

SBFord said:
    Scot said:

Honestly it doesn't look bad, but I've promised myself to actually bother paying attention to games only when they are close to an actual launch...
    I'm with you there. I'll wait for full release and see. I'm pretty much out of the early access thing these days.
    boris20

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I get that the circle reticle makes it look like some mobile port and some of the UI choices are obnoxious, but calling this "ass" is a bit much.

The attack animations are fluid, and the particle effects/motions are pretty sweet too. Most of these smaller studios aren't very creative and super boilerplate when it comes to vfx. The textures are decent too.

What part is ass? Is it because it isn't using Unreal Engine 4 and ray tracing? Need more input. :D

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MrSoulPantsMrSoulPants Member UncommonPosts: 32
    ass1
    /as/
    noun
    an animal of the horse family, which is typically smaller than a horse and has longer ears and a braying call.
    synonyms: donkey; More
    INFORMAL•BRITISH
    a foolish or stupid person.
    "that ass of a young man"
    Scot
  • black9iceblack9ice Member UncommonPosts: 154
    edited June 2019

SBFord said:

Scot said:

I need to see your guys eye doctor because I clearly am blind and do not see any correlation to Starcraft (an RTS game mind you compared to a ARPG). But then again, maybe you are onto something comparing this garbage to a game released in 1998.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986

Torval said:

This looks like ass. The huge circle reticule and directional arrow overlays look hideous. This looks like a bad mobile port.

Holy crap I thought you were joking. Even the way you select things look like a mobile port (like when the skills appear on the side of the screen).
    Are we seeing signs that it is "mobile ready"? And will that be something we see more and more of?
    [Deleted User]
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    New Hero aRPG genre is in full swing now.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 212
    "teleport shootagain" lol