Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Heroes: A Guide to Sentinel - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageCity of Heroes: A Guide to Sentinel - MMORPG.com

Last week, we wrapped up our Guide to Archetypes series with a guide focused on Villain Epic Archetypes. This week, we’ll be looking at the Sentinel, a custom Archetype added to City of Heroes on servers running “I25” code. I didn’t want to include this in the main series of AT guides due to the fact it’s not available on every server.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Just in case you were wondering, CoH is an older MMORPG from back when they did things properly. So that picture does not indicate that Sentinel is gender locked. ;)
    gunklackerBlaze_RockerinfomatzSamhael
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I though CoH was shut down...?
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I though CoH was shut down...?
    Private servers. It is back and almost 8 thousand at peak times play on the largest servers.
    Blaze_RockerinfomatzWarEnsemble
    Chamber of Chains
  • knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Yes COH is back and I am loving every minute of it. Sentinel is a fun one to play, almost have to think of it as a solo blaster.
    Blaze_Rocker
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    I have been playing a Water/Invulnerable Sentinel and love it!
    Blaze_Rocker
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    its easy to play sentinal u alt f4 and uninstall the game
    ananitBlaze_RockercheyaneWarEnsembleSamhael
  • BanegrivmBanegrivm Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Just for clarity. When your opportunity bar fills up the first two powers in your tray get rings around them. The 1st power gets a red circle while the 2nd gets a green ring. The 1st power triggers Offensive Opportunity. The 2nd triggers Defensive Opportunity. I find most people that don't like the AT just don't know how to use the inherent properly. Once you do though, look out, its game over for the bad guys! I love love love my Sentinel. So much that I decided to main one.
    DavodtheTuttinfomatzBlaze_Rocker

Banegrivm
    Leader of the 1st Fist of Light
    www.1stfistoflight.com

• ShinyFlygonShinyFlygon Member UncommonPosts: 328
    I've played CoH since beta, and I've never had any trouble soloing on a Blaster. In fact, it's much easier than Sentinel because there is less endurance management and things die a lot faster.

Also, I'd argue that Sentinel is a liability in a group. Your DPS is significantly lower than a Blaster (and barely on par with a poorly played Corruptor), your so-called survivability is irrelevant, not to mention you have zero utility apart from whatever pool powers you've chosen. Blaster and Corruptor are better choices in every meaningful way.

I get it if you want to make a Sentinel for a specific character fantasy. That's fine. But you are fooling yourself if you think there are any good mechanical reasons to do so.
  • slugboyslugboy Member UncommonPosts: 6
    So how can one find or get an invite to these CoH private servers? CoH was my favorite MMO of all time and it had the greatest community of of any online game ever, and that community has never been matched since the shutdown.
    Lazarus71Blaze_Rocker
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    i need to know how to play this also. when i download, it say my account is block

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    slugboy said:
    So how can one find or get an invite to these CoH private servers? CoH was my favorite MMO of all time and it had the greatest community of of any online game ever, and that community has never been matched since the shutdown.
    Here's the big one currently. They have a post describing how you get into the game.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php
    Blaze_Rockerrkip
  • slugboyslugboy Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Thanks!