Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: Discovery Era Enterprise & D7 Trailer - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageStar Trek Online: Discovery Era Enterprise & D7 Trailer - MMORPG.com

PC Star Trek Online captains will have the chance to fly some of the game's newest ships thanks to the arrival of the Discovery-era Enterprise and the D7. To show off the potential for each, Perfect World has put out a new trailer. Check it out and let us know what you think in the comments!

Read the full story here

Comments

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Very appealing looking ships with some nice features & a couple of new innovative abilities so that is a nice surprise but still not going to gamble for either ship. The stats for the ships are decent. The BOFF seating is luke-warm but okay. The new pet launcher feature is very user-friendly. The specific beam arrays are a neat idea. The Twitch stream was very interesting tonight featuring the ships well as usual & at the beginning addressing some possible lawsuit by what seemed to be maybe "warning" people about signing things with that lawsuit lol. Then it seemed mods were quick to try to silence any "gambling" (loot box)chatter, or is it "surprise mechanic" now since that's the way these ships are being placed into the game. Usually the Cryptic Twitch streams are positive, but it went a bit intimidating earlier.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    This is a lootbox thing right where you only get a chance at that ship. Fuck that.
    Chamber of Chains
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508

cheyane said:

This is a lootbox thing right where you only get a chance at that ship. Fuck that.

Unfortunately, but not unexpectedly, Cryptic has these ships releasing originally by lootbox only but players then sometimes place them on the Exchange (in-game market) for huge amounts to sell instead of flying the ship themselves since the ships are only good for 1 toon instead of account-wide. :-(
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    They also have made 3 T6 ships very easily attainable since Xmas thru in game activities , Free to anyone that logs in and participates , Very easy to do , i just stick them in my fleet
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Read an article that the forums are on fire about this, posts are being deleted and everything. Not only did they lock some good ships behind a loot box but they raised the prices of those loot boxes. From what I heard you might be able to just grind for the ship but it's a crazy high number.

A lawyer posted in the comments he's looking for people to join a class action lawsuit against them. Must live in California. People who have spent over 100.00 on loot boxes in the game. Feel they have a gambling addiction. Bought loot boxes when they were/are minors. Apparently their TOS never added a mandatory arbitration first clause. I'll post a link if I see the article again.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    edited June 2019
    With the exception of the first episode of Discovery that was on normal TV I haven't followed it, but I don't remember the Enterprise looking like that.

This Enterprise and the D7 look like the one's from the original ST, why do they say 'Discovery Era'?

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Nebless said:
    With the exception of the first episode of Discovery that was on normal TV I haven't followed it, but I don't remember the Enterprise looking like that.

This Enterprise and the D7 look like the one's from the original ST, why do they say 'Discovery Era'?
    From what I understand the writers of Discovery explained that everything that happened to Discovery was marked top secret to explain why they could interact with past Star Fleet personnel and not have anything about them mentioned in any other Star Trek TV shows or movies.
    Nebless

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Nebless said:

From what I understand the writers of Discovery explained that everything that happened to Discovery was marked top secret to explain why they could interact with past Star Fleet personnel and not have anything about them mentioned in any other Star Trek TV shows or movies.
    I see they're now talking about Capt. Pike and Spock so I'm guessing in show they jumped at some point from the pre-ST classic in the first eposide to closer to the Kirk era.

If that's the case how is this Enterprise different from the classic one that was already in game?  (while not the best, I use my classic Enterprise with the classic inside look when I play). 

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Yeah, i started ST the other night and chose the Discovery era toon/class, and one of the NPC's I interacted with mentioned Kirk failing the Kobayashi Maru test a few times already, so he's at school still.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?