Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shai Class to Launch in Black Desert Online on June 26th, Pre-Creation Event Begins - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageShai Class to Launch in Black Desert Online on June 26th, Pre-Creation Event Begins - MMORPG.com

Pearl Abyss and Kakao Games have announced that the Shai class will be making its way into Black Desert Online on June 26th. From today through launch, players can pre-create and customize their Shai's look. When the 26th rolls around, those who pre-created a Shai will also receive "an exclusive accessory, an in-game title, as well as several convenient items" that will help her along the way.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Rain_DeathravenRain_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 87
    What level of pervert you are from a scale of The division 2 womens to Black Desert ?
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    The Division 2 women make it onto a pervert scale? :)
    Rain_Deathraven
  • Rain_DeathravenRain_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 87

Scot said:

It's like a 0 to 10 :)
    Scot
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    At this point if they were to bring in Pedo Bear as a playable char/race I would not be at all surprised.

JUDGE "On your Black Desert character can you point to where the in game pedo bear touched you"

Shai "Its ok your honor I was playing dead and err OMG that's even worse isn't it, I really need to delete myself don't I"

JUDGE "Sweet Lord yes and then burn all your hard drives"
    Rain_Deathraven

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338

Scot said:

It's like a 0 to 10 :)
    I must be 18 then.

Hey don't look at me like that. I was talking about the age of consent!
    Rain_DeathravenRoin
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    kruler said:
    At this point if they were to bring in Pedo Bear as a playable char/race I would not be at all surprised.

JUDGE "On your Black Desert character can you point to where the in game pedo bear touched you"

Shai "Its ok your honor I was playing dead and err OMG that's even worse isn't it, I really need to delete myself don't I"

JUDGE "Sweet Lord yes and then burn all your hard drives"
    You are looking at this like a westerner. In countries like Japan or Korea or China the idea of "cute" is very important and can even be more valued over, say "beautiful."

onelesslightRoinJilyna
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889

Scot said:

Bestiality. Or what's the term when a person is attracted to an ape?

Thank you for your time!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    She could pass for Harry Potter's little sister.....
    Scot3domceh430
  • AenghasAenghas Member UncommonPosts: 116
    As funny as some of the pedo memes have been I haven't seen any proof the game sexualizes the Shai yet. If it ever does I'll take up my pitchfork and join my nearest angry mob but meanwhile I don't think childish has to automatically mean 'loli lewd'. In context I doubt anyone would bat an eye if a female gamer wanted to play it because it is 'cute'.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019

3dom said:

Scot said:

Bestiality. Or what's the term when a person is attracted to an ape?

Valentines day?

Gut Out!
    ConstantineMerusSovrath3dom

What, me worry?

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Ugh.

It's like... Eastern-made games are absolutely nailing it in terms of combat, gameplay, and that "open world feeling". What I simply can't get past is how silly the characters and monsters look. I know it's a totally different culture, but man... I honestly can't tell the difference from male, female, child, or animal.

We need eastern coders and western artists. Just one game... please!
    Rain_Deathraven
  • black9iceblack9ice Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Mobs that stand still, A GUI even Steven Hawking cannot master, and a market/crafting/trade system that is more complex then Eve online. And people claim to 'play' this 'game' and are having fun doing this, wtf...
    onelesslightbartoni33
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102
    This game is getting so much love in Asian forums but so much flak in Western sites like this. BDO has got significant updates every few months or so that made the game now feeling like it's a total sequel of the first version.

But I sincerely think Western players are just too negative to appreciate such effort. I really wonder why some Asian developers even bother bringing our best games to the West. Lost Ark & Ascent IR should just stay Asia-exclusive.

And if reports like NewZoo are to be believed then the Asian gaming market is already almost as big as NA+EU, and is sure to overtake the West in a couple of years. We shouldn't waste too much time trying to find middle grounds for taste or cultural preferences. Asian games should just stay here in Asia.
    Roin
  • learis1learis1 Member UncommonPosts: 169
    Still waiting for them to release toddler race. The shai is too old for my tastes.
    Rain_Deathraven

Mend and Defend

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Cynehild said:
    This game is getting so much love in Asian forums but so much flak in Western sites like this. BDO has got significant updates every few months or so that made the game now feeling like it's a total sequel of the first version.

But I sincerely think Western players are just too negative to appreciate such effort. I really wonder why some Asian developers even bother bringing our best games to the West. Lost Ark & Ascent IR should just stay Asia-exclusive.

And if reports like NewZoo are to be believed then the Asian gaming market is already almost as big as NA+EU, and is sure to overtake the West in a couple of years. We shouldn't waste too much time trying to find middle grounds for taste or cultural preferences. Asian games should just stay here in Asia.
    No I think Asian games should just release with appropriate translation and be done with it. I personally would be fine with all spoken dialogue in the original language (and would prefer it)

There's a market for Asian games in the west, and a pretty large market judging from all the excitement over the remake of Final Fantasy 7 and the next "Breath of the Wild" sequel.

It's just that there is a segment of western audiences that are a bit puritan and they just don't get it so they start freaking out. They also tend to be sensitive to the whole idea of "pay to win" and that gets more people worried.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited June 2019
    She could pass for Harry Potter's little sister.....
    When I saw this picture the first time, for a second I thought they were going to have a BDO and Harry Potter crossover. But phew, not the case. :)
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Lolis are like puppies. Normal people either don't care about them or find them cute. The weirdos, that's another story.

Pedos however don't care about drawings or computer games. The care about the real thing unfortunately.

In the same manner that FPS don't make you a mass murderer, liking to play lolis don't make you a pedo. In fact, for some weird psychological reason my totally anecdotal observation is that actual pedophiles absolutely loathe lolis.
    Playing LOTRO happily, and what do I do? I DL Neverwinter, Star Trek AND BDO (again) last night... What's my problem!?

I only had a 14 & 12 in BDO, so will pick a new class to start fresh since I haven't played since release. It looks like they've added a handful of classes since then.

Star Trek is new to me, but had the urge after watching The Orville.

Maybe I should just walk away from gaming for a while, or maybe I'll re-DL GW2 and Secret World Legends while I'm at it...shit fire!

Gut Out!
    p4ttythep3rf3ct

What, me worry?

• black9iceblack9ice Member UncommonPosts: 154

Xasapis said:

Lolis are like puppies. Normal people either don't care about them or find them cute. The weirdos, that's another story.

Pedos however don't care about drawings or computer games. The care about the real thing unfortunately.

In the same manner that FPS don't make you a mass murderer, liking to play lolis don't make you a pedo. In fact, for some weird psychological reason my totally anecdotal observation is that actual pedophiles absolutely loathe lolis.

I think they confused pedophiles with furries, both of which are odd sexual perversions, not really a need for any sort to discuss them on a video gaming site.
    3dom
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    First time I will get proff alchemy and gathering.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    The cash shop in this game is very alt-hostile and the main reason I abandoned a game I otherwise enjoyed. 
    I do like games that cater to altaholics though...

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• mraneremranere Member UncommonPosts: 29
    First off, that 'play dead' skill used in the video for the class, doesn't work on monsters, like it did in the video. Secondly, that looks like a pretty stupid class. Thirdly, take a potion people, why you just standing around all out of breath? Lastly, that looks like a pretty stupid class.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    God those things were annoying in the game, now you can play as one? lol pass
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter